Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123391 times)

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #4275 on: June 12, 2019, 01:33:01 PM »
q
My points are that others have posted far more disparaging stuff about Rondon which you’ve chosen to ignore.  I tried to qualify what I’ve said by going deeper into the argument, others don’t even do that.  Your approach is inconsistent.
I have no idea why you taking this personal, as you say you tried to qualify what you said by adding to it and that it is what I commented on because what you added was incorrect.

As for people calling rondon a cart horse etc, the guy had a hand in 18 premier league goals last season in 32 games for a struggling Newcastle team, that’s a hand in a goal better than every other game on average, that’s better than players like Lukaku, Richarlison, he got the same amount of assists Bernardo silva, James Maddison and Jimenez, and more than ozil and Sanchez combined all of which everyone would dream of seeing in our team. If that’s the work of a cart horse give me 2 please.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4276 on: June 12, 2019, 04:17:52 PM »
I agree with the sentiments that if you don't rate Robson, you haven't got a clue, so pointless debating it with you. Robson is the best striker we have had in years, he just happened to play in an ultra defensive team for the most part.
Robson is the best striker we have had in years? Robson-Kanu? I think you'll find lukaku Odemwingie and even Berahino where better than Robson!!

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4277 on: June 12, 2019, 04:25:36 PM »
Just sell the ******, get the most we can get for him and start to build a new team :o

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4278 on: June 12, 2019, 04:31:37 PM »
Just sell the ******, get the most we can get for him and start to build a new team :o
Yes.  Take the money and run.  He tried proper for us, but he is a mercenary, and who can blame him with the state his country is in.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4279 on: June 12, 2019, 04:39:45 PM »
I have no idea why you taking this personal, as you say you tried to qualify what you said by adding to it and that it is what I commented on because what you added was incorrect.

As for people calling rondon a cart horse etc, the guy had a hand in 18 premier league goals last season in 32 games for a struggling Newcastle team, that’s a hand in a goal better than every other game on average, that’s better than players like Lukaku, Richarlison, he got the same amount of assists Bernardo silva, James Maddison and Jimenez, and more than ozil and Sanchez combined all of which everyone would dream of seeing in our team. If that’s the work of a cart horse give me 2 please.

Are you seriously comparing him to Ozil and Sanchez?  Or even Silva\Maddiso\Jimenez?  I mean, come on!  He got a decent haul of assists last year, 7, to be fair to him, but he's nowhere near as good as those players. 

I don't think anybody is calling him a cart horse, we are just pointing out that his record isn't all that great.  He's got some strong attributes to his game but finishing isn't one of them. 

Some people give him a bit of soft time on that by blaming Pulis, but in a way more attacking team at Newcastle, in a team that stayed up, he scored 2 goals more and had played more minutes.  He had 10 more shots on goal last season than he did with us the season before.  Pulis isn't to blame for his goal haul, Rondon is.  If we were to spend £16.5m I would want more goals from the main striker.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4280 on: June 12, 2019, 04:48:07 PM »
What I'd like to know is where has this notion that Newcastle play attacking football come from? Don't any of you watch and absorb other teams?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4281 on: June 12, 2019, 04:51:47 PM »
Are you seriously comparing him to Ozil and Sanchez?  Or even Silva\Maddiso\Jimenez?  I mean, come on!  He got a decent haul of assists last year, 7, to be fair to him, but he's nowhere near as good as those players. 

I don't think anybody is calling him a cart horse, we are just pointing out that his record isn't all that great.  He's got some strong attributes to his game but finishing isn't one of them. 

Some people give him a bit of soft time on that by blaming Pulis, but in a way more attacking team at Newcastle, in a team that stayed up, he scored 2 goals more and had played more minutes.  He had 10 more shots on goal last season than he did with us the season before.  Pulis isn't to blame for his goal haul, Rondon is.  If we were to spend £16.5m I would want more goals from the main striker.
comparing his output to other players of a higher calibre, you’ve literally only got to scroll up this page or go a page back to find him being called a cart horse, his contributions to a team are up there with some of the best players in the league, he’s clearly not a cart horse. Those stats were highlighting what I’d previously said that his game isn’t solely about goal scoring, he offers things that help others into play to score goals, contributing towards 18 goals in a premier league season is impressive for anyone, especially when compared to players that are rated so highly and worth absolute fortunes who haven’t made anywhere near similar contributions. Newcastle only scored 42 goals in the league the entire season
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 04:53:40 PM by NathWBA »
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
The Quiet Waters By.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4282 on: June 12, 2019, 04:56:19 PM »
What I'd like to know is where has this notion that Newcastle play attacking football come from? Don't any of you watch and absorb other teams?

i think it was meant that every one of other 91 teams compared to a pulis team is more attacking so was thought rondon would score a lot more goals as at the time, it was all down to pulis being the manager and us so defensive, and no supply to Rondon was why he never scored a decent haul for us.

went to Newcastle and scored 2 more. says it all really.... a very very bang average striker.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4283 on: June 12, 2019, 05:01:52 PM »
i think it was meant that every one of other 91 teams compared to a pulis team is more attacking so was thought rondon would score a lot more goals as at the time, it was all down to pulis being the manager and us so defensive, and no supply to Rondon was why he never scored a decent haul for us.

went to Newcastle and scored 2 more. says it all really.... a very very bang average striker.

He scored 4 more. 7 in the league for us in 17/18 and 11 for Newcastle with fewer games and minutes
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4284 on: June 12, 2019, 06:04:50 PM »

Just don't understand people judging Rondon purely on the number of goals he has scored. He brings so much more to the table and is seriously under rated by a few people on here. In any case, his goal scoring record isn't at all bad - averaging 9 goals a season over 4 seasons in the Premier League for 2 teams playing very defensive football is pretty decent in my book. Just for comparison, this figure has only been achieved once by Jay Rodriguez, and never by Dwight Gayle, and his record is only very slightly worse than Peter Odemwingie, who was playing in more attacking teams.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:19:34 PM by timdon »

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4285 on: June 12, 2019, 06:51:25 PM »
Just don't understand people judging Rondon purely on the number of goals he has scored.

I'm judging him on the number of goals he didn't score.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4286 on: June 12, 2019, 06:56:32 PM »

He outperformed (just) his Expected Goals (xg) both this season and last. He gets pretty much as many goals as strikers are expected from the chances he gets.

He/him

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4287 on: June 12, 2019, 07:58:29 PM »
if he was burying every single chance he got he wouldn’t be playing for us or Newcastle. His game consists of more than just goal scoring. As many have said his contribution is massively under valued. He contributed to 43% of Newcastle’s league goals last season, whether scoring them or being credited with the assist, he deserves the praise the Newcastle fans give him, I hope he ends up somewhere his game is appreciated.
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
The Quiet Waters By.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4288 on: June 12, 2019, 08:05:06 PM »
I hate this thread, I find myself continually agreeing with Jacko 😂

Rondon is a very good striker, Newcastle are not the new Barcelona .
And there seems to be a “if he plays next year we lose him for free” fear....not if he signs a new deal we don’t...what if he signed a new deal that if we don’t go up we accept 5m for him and if we do his rate is adjusted to 19m
Win win....for both...and he would get 30-35 in the champ
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4289 on: June 12, 2019, 08:10:50 PM »

And there seems to be a “if he plays next year we lose him for free” fear....not if he signs a new deal we don’t...what if he signed a new deal that if we don’t go up we accept 5m for him and if we do his rate is adjusted to 19m
Why would he sign a new contract? That’s madness. Sign a new contract and if we don’t go up you can leave for 5m. Well if he don’t sign a new contract he goes for nothing and pockets all the extra dough in his wage packet. Albion should nd will be absolutely desperate to cash in now.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4290 on: June 12, 2019, 08:25:55 PM »
Why would he sign a new contract? That’s madness. Sign a new contract and if we don’t go up you can leave for 5m. Well if he don’t sign a new contract he goes for nothing and pockets all the extra dough in his wage packet. Albion should nd will be absolutely desperate to cash in now.
Why?
Because he wants to play/start/score
             He wants to play under biblical
             He takes 65k per week and a huge bonus for 30 goals or more, and promotion
             No one comes in that he sees as a step up

I think some5imes us fans think it’s all very easy , but the reality is not always the same , someone has to come in and put the money down...and there are plenty alternatives
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4291 on: June 12, 2019, 09:04:21 PM »
Why?

I think some5imes us fans think it’s all very easy , but the reality is not always the same , someone has to come in and put the money down...and there are plenty alternatives
But he’s made it very clear as soon as relegation came that he wouldn’t be playing in the championship, contractually he’s in a much stronger position now so why would he all off a sudden of the back of a player of the season winning stint in the premier league change his mind. He won’t, and we’ll. be desperate to get a fee for him now. He isn’t coming back.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4292 on: June 12, 2019, 09:26:58 PM »
My view is that if we were not prepared to pay Gayle's wages, we'd be mad to spend the money on Rondon's. The ability to convert goalscoring chances is probably the most important skill in the modern game. Gayle does it instinctively. His anticipation is miles ahead of Rondon's, who just seemed to anticipate a (crucial) second too late.
Nobody's arguing about Rondon's workrate, but you can replace that fairly easily. Finding instinctive goalscorers is like finding goldust.
I think we can find better uses for Rondon's £16 million.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4293 on: June 12, 2019, 10:01:27 PM »
But he’s made it very clear as soon as relegation came that he wouldn’t be playing in the championship, contractually he’s in a much stronger position now so why would he all off a sudden of the back of a player of the season winning stint in the premier league change his mind. He won’t, and we’ll. be desperate to get a fee for him now. He isn’t coming back.

Thought it was more to do with the fact he didn't have a wage drop clause in his contract? to be honest only person I saw anything from about wanting to leave was Foster as soon as we went down.

No way Rondon will sign a new deal or even be offered one as if we can't pay his wages now, we got no chance of paying him a penny more. He will be gone probably back to over into Europe.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4294 on: June 12, 2019, 10:19:01 PM »
Why?

I appreciate the energy but Rondon is heading towards the end of the prime of his career. By all accounts his #1 destination is Newcastle and he seems to be having a very patient approach with them while they sort out the possible takeover and/or whether Rafa stays at the club (I don't think he goes back to NUFC if Rafa doesn't). After that, the possibility of going to Wolves and getting back to Euro League football has to be very tempting. I'm not up to speed on whether West Ham are still after him, but even that has to be more appealing in reuniting with Pellegrini (he had great success under him at Malaga scoring 25 goals in 67 games). I'd put signing a new contract at WBA just above the idea of going to Fenerbahce, who won't even be in Euro competition next season.

From the outside looking in scooping someone with the kind of productivity he had last season (12 goals and 7 assists in 33 appearances in all competitions) for 16.5 million is shrewd business, and the release clause puts WBA at a disadvantage as far as trying to persuade him to sign new contract (if that's what the club wanted, which I don't believe it is).

And I'm with you in that I'm not totally thrilled about being in Jacko's camp, but the idea that Newcastle plays attacking football is misguided. Admittedly it came as a shock to me just how defensive in his approach Rafa is. That being said yes, there was definitely a noticeable difference between the support Rondon got in the attack with NUFC last season than what he got in his 3 years here. So the support was better but it was still mostly counter-attacking football and more conservative than anything else (i.e.: all 11 players on defense when the opposing team had a corner kick). Also NUFC's roster last season wasn't significantly better than what WBA had while in their last few seasons in the PL (sans Almiron joining last winter, he's really something), they just had a better identity when it came to attacking.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4295 on: June 12, 2019, 10:27:48 PM »

I know the handball rules have been changed for next season, but I didn't know the goals in the championship had widened to the length of pitch,  as that is the only way he might get 30-35 goals.

I would like to know also how many of his 7 assists last season were due to him missing and the ball just falling to somene who knew where the net was.

He's a mercenary who should be sold ASAP, especially after the interviews he gave after joining on Newcastle on loan last summer, no gratitude for the chance we have him to play in the prem and the massive wedge he took from us and his role in the relegation, just spouting rubbish like he'd just escaped Frizel's cellar.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 10:57:06 PM by BalisPen »

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4296 on: June 12, 2019, 10:49:47 PM »
I rate the guy but he won’t be staying so this debate is futile really. I could never imagine him scoring 30 plus goals though, not a chance.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4297 on: June 13, 2019, 09:13:31 AM »
I know the handball rules have been changed for next season, but I didn't know the goals in the championship had widened to the length of pitch,  as that is the only way he might get 30-35 goals.

I would like to know also how many of his 7 assists last season were due to him missing and the ball just falling to somene who knew where the net was.

He's a mercenary who should be sold ASAP, especially after the interviews he gave after joining on Newcastle on loan last summer, no gratitude for the chance we have him to play in the prem and the massive wedge he took from us and his role in the relegation, just spouting rubbish like he'd just escaped Frizel's cellar.

Why is he a mercenary ? I cannot find any comments that were out of order.

Rondon said West Brom would "forever be in my heart" but was "honoured to be joining one of the biggest clubs in the Premier League and a team whose fanbase and history are well known the world over".

Thats from the BBC website, whats wrong with it? Newcastle are a massive club.

Him leaving was in our best interests as well as his as it got his wages off the bill, you might not rate the bloke or even like him (have you met him to decide on whether you like him or not ?) but I cannot see anywhere where he disrespected us or acted like a mercenary.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4298 on: June 13, 2019, 12:37:54 PM »
Why is he a mercenary ? I cannot find any comments that were out of order.

Rondon said West Brom would "forever be in my heart" but was "honoured to be joining one of the biggest clubs in the Premier League and a team whose fanbase and history are well known the world over".

Thats from the BBC website, whats wrong with it? Newcastle are a massive club.

Him leaving was in our best interests as well as his as it got his wages off the bill, you might not rate the bloke or even like him (have you met him to decide on whether you like him or not ?) but I cannot see anywhere where he disrespected us or acted like a mercenary.

Here's one for you:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/salomon-rondon-wants-permanent-newcastle-15044025

No mention of gratitude there, and sounds like he was desperate to get out, and taking no responsibility in his part of the relegation. I don't believe this conjecture that he didn't have a relegation clause as imo jp would never have allowed it.

So he could have sounded grateful then imo.

He just  wanted to maintain a prem salary.

After that he didn't score then got injured and gave that interview (probably at the insistence of his agent) knowing he might have to come back if things didn't turn out good for him.

Look at the number of clubs he has played for, he moves for a higher wage every time, which imo is a mercenary.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4299 on: June 13, 2019, 12:46:48 PM »
Here's one for you:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/salomon-rondon-wants-permanent-newcastle-15044025

No mention of gratitude there, and sounds like he was desperate to get out, and taking no responsibility in his part of the relegation. I don't believe this conjecture that he didn't have a relegation clause as imo jp would never have allowed it.

So he could have sounded grateful then imo.

He just  wanted to maintain a prem salary.

After that he didn't score then got injured and gave that interview (probably at the insistence of his agent) knowing he might have to come back if things didn't turn out good for him.

Look at the number of clubs he has played for, he moves for a higher wage every time, which imo is a mercenary.

To be fair to Rondon, he doesn’t have any editorial rights or clout on what aspects of an interview he he gave are published.

This was a local reporter from the North East who has no interest in what Rondon thinks of Albion, he is just writing the best story he can for his local audience, Newcastle fans
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.