Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie  (Read 473119 times)

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie
« Reply #225 on: May 03, 2011, 08:01:33 PM »
You wind up merchant, lol.
Went and checked, had a right little dung dribble! ;D

Same. My heart sunk when i read it. You ****  ;D
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #226 on: May 03, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »
Curse of your post. Wba website now says peter unlikely to start due to injury. Damn you tipton baggie :(
Oh you scallywag you!

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2011, 11:06:05 PM »
Had me going as well then *Shakes fist*

lippybaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »
So big Pete has won player of the month yet again! (At least according to Lepkowski on twitter)

C'mon godemwingie!

Also - let's try get #godemwingie trending following the exciting news... he deserves it and could give him some confidence before sunday!

He's achieved this the same number of times as Giggs and Toress in his first year! I think this is an outstanding achievement and a huge vindication of Dan Ashworth.

Buy of the milenium
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 05:03:39 PM by Political Cake »
Football is the religion, WBA is the God.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2011, 04:55:45 PM »
Is it the proper Barclays Premier League player of the month or the daft homeserve one we have?

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2011, 04:59:27 PM »
Is it the proper Barclays Premier League player of the month or the daft homeserve one we have?

Yes, definately the Premier League one. Ancelotti was named at the same time.

Very well done to him, also. When you think how much before this season we were crying out for a reasonable striker, we seem to have stumbled upon one of the best we could have possibly got. (Especially for the money...! [/JeremyPeace])
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 05:02:54 PM by Political Cake »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

lippybaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2011, 05:00:27 PM »
The proper one apparently mate...

Barclays Premier League Player of the Month!!!
Football is the religion, WBA is the God.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2011, 05:01:53 PM »
Well deserved then, great to see one of our players getting some recognition for their efforts.

I would imagine Hodgson was considered as manager of the month too, shame we lost to Chelsea as he would have had a great chance given our other results.

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #233 on: May 05, 2011, 05:30:22 PM »
Nice work son! Didn't he win it earlier in the season as well when Di Matteo got Manager of the Month ?  :D

coram_wba906

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2011, 05:33:44 PM »
Well done Pete, richly deserved. Shame Roy missed out, but that said, everyone at the Club has my personal award for being brilliant, and making my year. :D :D
Listed in Who's Who as What's That.

Rich99

« Reply #235 on: May 05, 2011, 05:40:45 PM »
Didn't he win it earlier in the season as well?  :D

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #236 on: May 05, 2011, 05:43:56 PM »
Tremendous achievement and one we should all be very proud of. It's rare we have a player who wins it once let alone twice.

Would of been nice to manage the set again with Hodgson being named manager of the month but never mind.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #237 on: May 05, 2011, 05:55:08 PM »
Posted in the other thread last week but the only players to have won the award twice in one season are: Fowler, Bergkamp, Ronaldo, Giggs, Van Nistelrooy, Rooney, Henry, and Ashley Young.

Not a bad list to be associated with.... Presumably the only player out that list to do it without his team qualifying for Europe as well.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #238 on: May 05, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
Well done pete.

Thank god roy didnt get manager of the month too as we all know we'd have lost on sunday then
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #239 on: May 05, 2011, 06:03:50 PM »
Delighted for Pete. I felt Roy was more worthy of recognition for manager of the month than Ancelloti - but we musn't be greedy. ;D

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #240 on: May 05, 2011, 07:28:49 PM »
Well done Pete, keep up the good work.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

reis wbafc patel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #241 on: May 05, 2011, 08:37:02 PM »
Great award and fully deserved
ALBION TIL I DIE

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #242 on: May 05, 2011, 10:00:32 PM »
Good job Peter, keep them coming!  :)

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #243 on: May 05, 2011, 10:47:52 PM »
Congrats Pete, fully deserved.

Here's to many more in Albion colours :)

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #244 on: May 05, 2011, 10:52:56 PM »
well deserved,

hope he reaches his target for the season on sunday :D

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #245 on: May 05, 2011, 11:52:20 PM »
It's great news as it means we have a player at the club who is clearly a top quality player. One of my big reasons for wanting to be at this level is that I want to be able to experience what fans from the past have who have witnessed some of the clubs greatest players.

Hopefully, with players like Odemwingie and Mulumbu holding their own at this level and in Osaze's case being recognised by the greater footballing community I hope in the future I will be able to say I remember the greats like Odemwingie.

Boing Boing

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #246 on: May 06, 2011, 03:09:07 AM »

;D Well done Pistol....now you can look forward to that chocolate pack from Australia when you score on Sunday!!!

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #247 on: May 06, 2011, 03:51:17 AM »
Fantastic and well deserved

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #248 on: May 06, 2011, 10:48:38 AM »
Well deserved by St. Peter, been absolutely brilliant since coming back from injury and getting his confidence soaring. As much as I've been saying that the likes of Juve etc aren't coming in for him I'm starting to get worried now. I think it's more of the fact I don't want the season to end, and even less the window opening. We'd be silly to sell any of our top 4 or 5 players.

If we got 15 million for him, to replace him with a 15 goal a season (plus numerous assists) striker would cost us dearly.

But keep positive, a great acheivement for a great player :D

Also, a Spurs fan (and usual wind up merchant) said POdem had been on SkySports and talking about his future along with his award. Now I'm not sure how true it is but can anyone who saw it confirm what he said in his interview. This spurs fan said it was something about staying but couldn't resist a move to a 'top 10' club. I find it hard to believe (and assume he means one of the 10 best teams in the world rather than the league) he'd say something like that, and if he did it worries me.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:51:51 AM by PsalmXXIII »

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #249 on: May 06, 2011, 11:03:34 AM »
Well deserved by St. Peter, been absolutely brilliant since coming back from injury and getting his confidence soaring. As much as I've been saying that the likes of Juve etc aren't coming in for him I'm starting to get worried now. I think it's more of the fact I don't want the season to end, and even less the window opening. We'd be silly to sell any of our top 4 or 5 players.

If we got 15 million for him, to replace him with a 15 goal a season (plus numerous assists) striker would cost us dearly.

But keep positive, a great acheivement for a great player :D

Also, a Spurs fan (and usual wind up merchant) said POdem had been on SkySports and talking about his future along with his award. Now I'm not sure how true it is but can anyone who saw it confirm what he said in his interview. This spurs fan said it was something about staying but couldn't resist a move to a 'top 10' club. I find it hard to believe (and assume he means one of the 10 best teams in the world rather than the league) he'd say something like that, and if he did it worries me.
He said he's not looking for a move but if a top ten team in EUROPE came in for him he'd CONSIDER moving if the club were happy to let him go. So yeah, your Spurs buddy was just on a wind-up.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11698_6915566,00.html