Author Topic: TV Games  (Read 141427 times)

popmonkey and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Re: TV Games
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2018, 01:44:40 PM »
I regularly walked from Quinton, fact is walking somewhere is nowadays seen as too much!
Baggie in Southampton

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »
When I were a lad, I had to walk to The Hawthorns...... backwards......over hot coals........with holes in me shoes...... whilst being shot at by away fans with cattas!

Kids these days  ??? Don't know they are born  :)

holes in your shoes !! HOLES IN yeah SHOES !!
when i were a lad we had never heard of shoes, we was so poor we wore bulls shins strapped on to our feet with liquorice laces, by the time we walked to B71 they were just tender enuf to chew on at half time before we strapped em back on to skip merrily all the way down forge lane, and we beat the bus home!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2018, 03:25:41 PM »
holes in your shoes !! HOLES IN yeah SHOES !!
when i were a lad we had never heard of shoes, we was so poor we wore bulls shins strapped on to our feet with liquorice laces, by the time we walked to B71 they were just tender enuf to chew on at half time before we strapped em back on to skip merrily all the way down forge lane, and we beat the bus home!
Well....
By SHOES, I mean foot shaped nests of rusty nails held together by barbed wire.
As for LIQOURICE! Closest we got to LIQOURICE was if a drop of Pernod dripped from the Woodman's bin and landed on our bowl of halftime sawdust.
Never heard us complain though!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2018, 03:45:27 PM »
Well....
By SHOES, I mean foot shaped nests of rusty nails held together by barbed wire.
As for LIQOURICE! Closest we got to LIQOURICE was if a drop of Pernod dripped from the Woodman's bin and landed on our bowl of halftime sawdust.
Never heard us complain though!

Oh! the nights I lay awake in me half slumber cogitatin an ruminatin on "Setteefeet". All too oft the good woman would elbow me and shout all delicate loike "setteefeet, setteefeet, let me hear that name again and I'll stab yeah, swear I will, stab you I say"

Now I unnerstan dow I, how that there Setteefeet moniker was bestowed on yeah,  rusty nails an barbed wire indeed,
Well Mr setteefeet we had no such luxuries as barbed wire and rusty nails, owd bread pud as big as a bed ter ate our snap off, no plates or owt precoscious loike that, jus owd bread pub, gud owd days them was an I'll be bound!
Albion Family !!!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2018, 06:51:37 PM »
Oh! the nights I lay awake in me half slumber cogitatin an ruminatin on "Setteefeet". All too oft the good woman would elbow me and shout all delicate loike "setteefeet, setteefeet, let me hear that name again and I'll stab yeah, swear I will, stab you I say"

Now I unnerstan dow I, how that there Setteefeet moniker was bestowed on yeah,  rusty nails an barbed wire indeed,
Well Mr setteefeet we had no such luxuries as barbed wire and rusty nails, owd bread pud as big as a bed ter ate our snap off, no plates or owt precoscious loike that, jus owd bread pub, gud owd days them was an I'll be bound!

That's a pretty good stab at a Norfolk accent for a Black Country Lad  ::)
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2018, 07:19:50 PM »

That's a pretty good stab at a Norfolk accent for a Black Country Lad  ::)

Ar bor, Bin in the flatlands too long bay I
Albion Family !!!

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2018, 07:28:48 PM »
I take it this is a wind up  ;D

Bloody hope so...

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2018, 08:14:30 AM »

I don't think it is a wind up, the poster has said a few times that he is 14 and autistic, so while something as mundane as getting home from school and catching the bus might not seem a big deal to non autistic grown adults, it obviously is to him. Autistic people tend to struggle with changes in routine.

Was enjoying the Monty Pythonesque banter of Setteefeet and Albionic though!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2018, 08:43:16 AM »
I don't think it is a wind up, the poster has said a few times that he is 14 and autistic, so while something as mundane as getting home from school and catching the bus might not seem a big deal to non autistic grown adults, it obviously is to him. Autistic people tend to struggle with changes in routine.

Was enjoying the Monty Pythonesque banter of Setteefeet and Albionic though!

feeling pretty small and spiteful though, now you have explained the context of the original post !
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2018, 08:52:44 AM »
feeling pretty small and spiteful though, now you have explained the context of the original post !

Suppose it all depends on whether he's 14 and autistic really.

Highly improbable but I could be a six foot white rabbit called Kevin for all you know.

That or a Dingle or a Viler posing as an Albion supporter.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2018, 09:27:25 AM »
Suppose it all depends on whether he's 14 and autistic really.

Highly improbable but I could be a six foot white rabbit called Kevin for all you know.

That or a Dingle or a Viler posing as an Albion supporter.

True, or a man in a boiler suit called Colin. :D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2018, 09:34:09 AM »
True, or a man in a boiler suit called Colin. :D

Damn, busted.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Si2H479Es

........  ;D  ;) .

Powelly

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2018, 04:58:24 PM »
Sheffield United Friday night

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/november/sheffield-united-clash-live-on-sky-sports/

ALBION's December trip to Sheffield United has been selected for live coverage on Sky Sports.

The Baggies will now travel to Bramall Lane for the Sky Bet Championship fixture on Friday, December 14 (ko 7.45pm).

It means five of the club's next six matches will be broadcast live on television heading into the festive period.

Ticket information for the South Yorkshire encounter will be confirmed in due course.

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2018, 05:13:46 PM »
A disgrace that we have lost another Saturday game. I wish sky would go bust

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2018, 05:42:21 PM »

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/november/sheffield-united-clash-live-on-sky-sports/

ALBION's December trip to Sheffield United has been selected for live coverage on Sky Sports.

The Baggies will now travel to Bramall Lane for the Sky Bet Championship fixture on Friday, December 14 (ko 7.45pm).

It means five of the club's next six matches will be broadcast live on television heading into the festive period.

Ticket information for the South Yorkshire encounter will be confirmed in due course.

It says 5/6 but it’s actually 6 out of 6. The Swansea midweek game will be live on the red button .

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2018, 06:40:02 PM »

No day out in Sheffield this year then!  ::)
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2018, 08:33:22 PM »
It says 5/6 but it’s actually 6 out of 6. The Swansea midweek game will be live on the red button .
Need to overcome our stage fright then

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2018, 09:20:17 PM »
Outrageous! How I hate Sky, and I really do mean ‘hate’. Another day out ruined. I am convinced that what is needed is some organisation of real fans to sabotage the Sky broadcasts, it would be so satisfying to actually stop them showing some matches. What would be done if some large banners were on display behind the goals with slogans telling Sky where to get off?

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2018, 09:22:17 PM »
Outrageous! How I hate Sky, and I really do mean ‘hate’. Another day out ruined. I am convinced that what is needed is some organisation of real fans to sabotage the Sky broadcasts, it would be so satisfying to actually stop them showing some matches. What would be done if some large banners were on display behind the goals with slogans telling Sky where to get off?
They would be removed. No club is going to risk upsetting their paymaster.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2018, 10:27:56 PM »

Sorry mukka the horse has already bolted

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2018, 12:41:40 AM »
After that run of games I bet we have been on the box more times than the whole of the last season.
O Albion we love you

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2018, 12:53:40 AM »
Advanced apologies to the Mods and anyone else this may offend as that is not my intention.

But.........

Sky's f*****8 sh it,
Sky's f*****8 sh it,
Sky's f*****8 sh it, Sky's f*****8 sh it, Sky's f*****8 sh it.

I'd prefer to get behind the Albion but it's worth a thought  ;) .

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2018, 01:04:15 AM »
A disgrace that we have lost another Saturday game. I wish sky would go bust

A large number of football clubs would follow suit if that happened.

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2018, 10:17:26 AM »
Leeds fans have been abusing Sky at games this season and have had their chants muted by the broadcaster. It would be great if Albion fans joined in with them on Saturday.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-sky-sports-mute-15370232

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-news-sky-sports-15356669

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2018, 11:41:30 AM »
Leeds fans have been abusing Sky at games this season and have had their chants muted by the broadcaster. It would be great if Albion fans joined in with them on Saturday.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-sky-sports-mute-15370232

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-news-sky-sports-15356669

Why, if they are going to be muted so not heard by anyone not in the ground? Surely the point would be for them to be heard by the viewing public?