Author Topic: Alan Pardew  (Read 642946 times)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Re: Alan Pardew
« Reply #1250 on: February 16, 2018, 05:32:05 PM »
I wonder if his team selection tomorrow will give some indication of who the 4/7 were? Will he really be able to pick those involved? I can see a few raised eyebrows when the team is announced.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1251 on: February 16, 2018, 05:48:31 PM »
I wonder if his team selection tomorrow will give some indication of who the 4/7 were? Will he really be able to pick those involved? I can see a few raised eyebrows when the team is announced.
If they are 'key players', which they probably are as they are 'senior', he might drop them, but I doubt he would do it the week after for Huddersfield, given how critical that game is. Probably hit the culprits in their wallets. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1252 on: February 16, 2018, 05:55:34 PM »
I think we just need to keep sacking managers until we find one who has a magic wand that'll turn our forwards into players that can stick the ball in the back of the net.

Employing someone with a history of winning football matches is a good start :)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1253 on: February 16, 2018, 08:01:05 PM »
At least Pardew has moved us on from parking the bus. Parking the taxi is a whole new level.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1254 on: February 16, 2018, 09:43:30 PM »
Given the seniority of the players involved in this stupid and despicable incident, I suspect it puts AP on even thinner ice than he was already in the eyes of Jenkins, who I imagine is running an autocracy at present. Anything other than our best performance and a victory tomorrow could well see AP sacked on Sunday. Even a performance/victory might not be enough.

It might well boil down to who Jenkins thinks he can bring in who's immediately available and what he judges the likelihood to be of that person hitting the ground running and making a big difference, given the run of 6 games that we have coming. How many managers would want the job at this point in time, given the grim position that we're in?

I'm not saying that I would agree with such an approach by Jenkins, but it doesn't take much to imagine it going that way.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1255 on: February 16, 2018, 09:53:12 PM »
If Pardew is on a 2.5 years contract and IF there's no early exit clause then it would be a fairly sizeable payoff he gets if we sack him. I doubt Jenkins would have the power to do that without the nod from Lai.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1256 on: February 16, 2018, 09:55:34 PM »
If Pardew is on a 2.5 years contract and IF there's no early exit clause then it would be a fairly sizeable payoff he gets if we sack him. I doubt Jenkins would have the power to do that without the nod from Lai.
Perhaps not, but it wouldn't be too hard to get that nod given all the prevailing circumstances I wouldn't have thought, should Jenkins be minded to do so.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1257 on: February 16, 2018, 10:05:06 PM »
wouldn't be surprised if he gets the push if we lose to Southampton.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1258 on: February 16, 2018, 10:05:27 PM »
He's made mistakes himself but has had some stinking luck here it has to be said.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1259 on: February 16, 2018, 10:07:13 PM »
He's made mistakes himself but has had some stinking luck here it has to be said.

That is so so true!

wouldn't be surprised if he gets the push if we lose to Southampton.

Unfortunately for him, so is this.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1260 on: February 16, 2018, 10:08:15 PM »
Given the seniority of the players involved in this stupid and despicable incident, I suspect it puts AP on even thinner ice than he was already in the eyes of Jenkins, who I imagine is running an autocracy at present. Anything other than our best performance and a victory tomorrow could well see AP sacked on Sunday. Even a performance/victory might not be enough.

It might well boil down to who Jenkins thinks he can bring in who's immediately available and what he judges the likelihood to be of that person hitting the ground running and making a big difference, given the run of 6 games that we have coming. How many managers would want the job at this point in time, given the grim position that we're in?

I'm not saying that I would agree with such an approach by Jenkins, but it doesn't take much to imagine it going that way.

To most managers that would be a dream opportunity. Can’t lose as we are expected to go down but give a 2 million pound bonus to keep us up.

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1261 on: February 16, 2018, 10:09:13 PM »
I never want to see any of the 'Barcelona 4' put on an Albion shirt again, but I can't see Pardew is to blame.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1262 on: February 16, 2018, 10:15:28 PM »
I agree entirely, particularly when you'd have to think it would almost certainly be the end of him being a manager in the Premier League.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1263 on: February 16, 2018, 10:16:33 PM »
To most managers that would be a dream opportunity. Can’t lose as we are expected to go down but give a 2 million pound bonus to keep us up.
Doesn't that depend on what level those managers wish to be working at? Coming back up again would be far from easy.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1264 on: February 16, 2018, 10:30:36 PM »
I never want to see any of the 'Barcelona 4' put on an Albion shirt again, but I can't see Pardew is to blame.

He’s not to blame but he obviously doesn’t have the respect of his on field generals - Evans and Barry.

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1265 on: February 16, 2018, 10:34:46 PM »
They each have 10 million in the bank - what do they care?
Ask them to bust a gut every Saturday and they (silently) laugh at you - and us.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:36:36 PM by garry »

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1266 on: February 16, 2018, 10:42:11 PM »
I can see the iron hand of Mr Jenkins pulling out a thick wedge from the pockets of each of the Cab Four. At such a crucial stage of the season punishing them financially is the only really sensible outcome.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:51:17 PM by royhan »

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1267 on: February 16, 2018, 10:56:17 PM »
Pardew is dead man walking. Taxigate is not his  fault but it happened on his watch on trip that was no doubt his idea. It also demonstrates that his senior players have zero respect for his authority.  The two executive responsible for his appointment have been sacked in part for hiring him. I can't see him making the end of the season at this rate.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1268 on: February 16, 2018, 11:23:20 PM »
Pardew is dead man walking. Taxigate is not his  fault but it happened on his watch on trip that was no doubt his idea. It also demonstrates that his senior players have zero respect for his authority.  The two executive responsible for his appointment have been sacked in part for hiring him. I can't see him making the end of the season at this rate.
question begs.wtf will the players have any respect for should we twist again in the manager stakes?i myself don't have any faith left in this rabble of a squad

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1269 on: February 16, 2018, 11:26:52 PM »
Even if its Foster, Hegazi, Evans and Rondon... they get dropped Saturday. Get fined 4 weeks wages. Whoever it is.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1270 on: February 16, 2018, 11:39:08 PM »
question begs.wtf will the players have any respect for should we twist again in the manager stakes?i myself don't have any faith left in this rabble of a squad

Zero point in taking another punt on the Manager Roulette wheel we are just wetting away good money after bad. The end of the season resolves a lot of issues in both regards the manager and the squad. The owners have shown their ruthless side I suspect there will be blood.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1271 on: February 17, 2018, 12:13:57 AM »
For me he needs to go after the southampton game regardless of the result. Its obvious the players dont have any respect for him and obvious that hes lost the dressing room already. Get another gaffer in and give him the 11 games and a chance to get 17 points for this season. Contract till end of the season and a good pay out if we are safe. No way can i see pardew surviving.
On the other hand, we all need to get behind the boys tmrw and makesure were loud and proud and get that win!

bagstaff

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1272 on: February 17, 2018, 01:21:01 AM »
I think Pardew should stay, and not pick any of the four who have disrespected him and the club for the remainder of the season.

Even if that means we go down and he gets the sack as a result I believe it will put us in a better staring position to move on.

If any of those four even make it to the subs bench tomorrow I think he deserves everything he gets. 
"I think quotes are very dangerous things" - Kate Bush
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Ruudi Beglin bagstaff IV

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1273 on: February 17, 2018, 01:45:59 AM »
He's has to stay in till the end of the season for me. I will only be judging him based on what has happened come the end of the season.

baggieboy74

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1274 on: February 17, 2018, 08:00:57 AM »
Unfortunately for him those players may have put the final nail in.  I did post before I thought he might get the chop if we don't win today........If any of those players are involved today and we lose......he will defo go.