Author Topic: Alan Pardew  (Read 642948 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Alan Pardew
« Reply #1225 on: February 15, 2018, 04:31:08 PM »
I'm hoping that when they get back tomorrow that Jenkins informs pardew and carver that they are fired

Yeah that would make loads of sense. Lets throw Big Dave into doing the job of manager and the whole back room team ahead of the most important six games of the season and spread massive upheaval and uncertainty throughout the whole squad.Football clubs in real life are a bit different to championship manager or a play station. You don't sack the manager with 11 games left who took over a team in disarray last December.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:33:40 PM by Dexy »

kamarasboot

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1226 on: February 15, 2018, 05:43:33 PM »
Yeah that would make loads of sense. Lets throw Big Dave into doing the job of manager and the whole back room team ahead of the most important six games of the season and spread massive upheaval and uncertainty throughout the whole squad.Football clubs in real life are a bit different to championship manager or a play station. You don't sack the manager with 11 games left who took over a team in disarray last December.

However they may sack a manager who took over in December with the team in dissary who has had little to no impact and a side still in dissary (if there’s any substance to the rumours)
"He can dish it out, but He cannot take it", I once heard someone say of me. And it's true - I serve school dinners and I'm allergic to mashed potatoes.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1227 on: February 15, 2018, 05:54:18 PM »
I certainly am not carrying a torch for Pardew but the die is cast with 11 games left and rooted to the foot of the table who on earth would pick up that challenge?

We will no doubt take stock at the end of the season, I wouldn't fancy Pardew's chances if we are relegated.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1228 on: February 15, 2018, 06:04:44 PM »

nothing stopping them getting someone lined up to step straight in , it's pooh or bust if it was my investment I would .

baggieboy74

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1229 on: February 15, 2018, 06:39:41 PM »
If we lose on Saturday he will get the bullet...

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1230 on: February 15, 2018, 06:53:00 PM »

Why not?? Who said anything about throwing Big Dave in? Look at the Blues last season, they looked well and truly f****d with only 4 or 5 games left and they made a change, offered Redknapp a huge financial incentive to keep them up and low and behold, look what happened.

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1231 on: February 16, 2018, 02:15:59 AM »
I would sack him as soon as we get knocked out of the cup. But I doubt Lai will. BUT its hard to see any good reason to keep him for next season - what has he done that puts him even close to deserving it ??

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1232 on: February 16, 2018, 06:40:05 AM »
We are still in disarray. The man has had little or no impact and it has been proved by Swansea, Palace and countless others over the years that the right man can get results from the off. I said nothing about putting big Dave in charge.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:11:56 AM by Hull Baggie »

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1233 on: February 16, 2018, 07:27:00 AM »
It's funny last season Swansea hired Clement to get them out of the mess and they fired him this. Redknapp was hired to get Blues out of a desperate plight last and was fired this. Sherwood was Villa's savior one season but didn't make Christmas of the following campaign. The sequence of Sunderland managers is so long and rapid in the last decade that most Sunderland fan's couldn't recite it.

Firing the manager works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. We rolled the dice and we've lost. Time to stop the quick fixes that fix nothing. Make a summer appointment give that manager time to rebuild based on a long term strategy and we might be surprised at the results.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1234 on: February 16, 2018, 07:52:17 AM »
I still think he’s had a better go at it then pulis would ever have had. Players had given up.

The plays better it’s unfortunate the players he’s been left with to play.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1235 on: February 16, 2018, 08:11:04 AM »
It's funny last season Swansea hired Clement to get them out of the mess and they fired him this. Redknapp was hired to get Blues out of a desperate plight last and was fired this. Sherwood was Villa's savior one season but didn't make Christmas of the following campaign. The sequence of Sunderland managers is so long and rapid in the last decade that most Sunderland fan's couldn't recite it.

Firing the manager works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. We rolled the dice and we've lost. Time to stop the quick fixes that fix nothing. Make a summer appointment give that manager time to rebuild based on a long term strategy and we might be surprised at the results.

Pretty much how I feel about it too. I wanted us to give Pardew a 6 month contract with the option of a 1 yr rolling contract if he kept us up or at worst an 18 month contract I certainly didn't expect the 30 month contract we apparently offered him.

Planning for the future has got to start now (if it hasn't already) and part of that plan has to be whether we keep Pardew after this season or not. If we do decide to keep him he's got to be given funds to rebuild the side to be able to compete for promotion out of the Championship at the earliest opportunity and also there has to be a strategy for how we are going to face the challenge of being back in the Premier league.

If we stay up the board need to decide whether they think Pardew is the right man to take us forward (in fact they should be deciding this right now) and if not get the right man in (whoever that is). Whoever the manager is they need to be given funds and there also needs to be a clear strategy from the top down as to what being in the premier league means to West Bromwich Albion and what we are trying to achieve by being in it, is it to just survive? Is it to survive and have a good go at the cups? Is it to improve season on season until we are established in the top 10 and then try to push on to threatening the Europa league places?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:18:56 AM by Hull Baggie »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1236 on: February 16, 2018, 08:14:01 AM »
Posts naming managers to take over from Alan Pardew will be removed as per the forum rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1237 on: February 16, 2018, 09:36:35 AM »
If we are to replace AP instead of going with the usual suspects from the Premier merry-go-round of failed managers turned pundits I think the board should  try thinking outside the box a little here and go for a manager that will work with young talent and can attract quality players.
Lets try style over substance for once.
It can't be any worse than what we have achieved over the last 3 seasons.....................can it?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1238 on: February 16, 2018, 09:37:31 AM »
If we are to replace AP instead of going with the usual suspects from the Premier merry-go-round of failed managers turned pundits I think the board should  try thinking outside the box a little here and go for a manager that will work with young talent and can attract quality players.
It can't be any worse than what we have achieved over the last 3 seasons.....................can it?
I'll try to answer that

No!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1239 on: February 16, 2018, 11:55:34 AM »
I would agree with you entirely if this were true, however the word I've highlighted worries me, mischief makers are amongst us me fears.

To be fair to the poster you've quoted from I to have heard Pardew is disliked by the players just as much as Pulis. We either have a group of players who have big egos which require massaging or we have been very unlucky with managerial appointments.

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1240 on: February 16, 2018, 12:11:34 PM »
Hmm doubt that ego massaging would be the issue as apparently that's what Pardew & Carver do - their approach is supposedly much more 'matey' with the players and about making everyone feel good.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1241 on: February 16, 2018, 12:12:08 PM »

This was my frustration with the Pardew appointment. The line “premier league experience” was trotted out but you can have the experience and not be a good manager (or have a bad record). As it was said at the time Williams history of employing managers wasn’t “outside of the box” at all.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1242 on: February 16, 2018, 01:07:19 PM »
I don't get this players don't like the manager stuff.
Usually its a good cop bad cop set up with the head coach the baddie.
Who ever said you have to like the top man?
He's not there to be loved he's there for results with the players at his disposal.
I still think that we can get safe,but I would like to see young Field on right am.I think Pardew will put out his strongest team and I think we will win comfortably and into last 8 then get a favourable draw then off to Wembley for the semi.
This match will give us the confidence to see off Huddersfield then go on a winning run to get safe.
Think positive I say,but I am also a realist but the positively is shining through today.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1243 on: February 16, 2018, 01:08:37 PM »
To be fair to the poster you've quoted from I to have heard Pardew is disliked by the players just as much as Pulis. We either have a group of players who have big egos which require massaging or we have been very unlucky with managerial appointments.

Very interesting. Perhaps they need their egos massaging- Keep us up and we will remove him at the end of the season.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1244 on: February 16, 2018, 01:17:53 PM »
Or remove some of the players and keep him!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1245 on: February 16, 2018, 01:58:58 PM »
Sorry i don't get this "I don't like the gaffer, so i'll engineer a 50% pay drop for myself" line of thinking.

Surely that would point to the folks who dislike and therefore not performing for him being those who are supremely confident of moving on come relegation.  Makes no sense to me!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1246 on: February 16, 2018, 03:57:12 PM »
Pretty much how I feel about it too. I wanted us to give Pardew a 6 month contract with the option of a 1 yr rolling contract if he kept us up or at worst an 18 month contract I certainly didn't expect the 30 month contract we apparently offered him.

Planning for the future has got to start now (if it hasn't already) and part of that plan has to be whether we keep Pardew after this season or not. If we do decide to keep him he's got to be given funds to rebuild the side to be able to compete for promotion out of the Championship at the earliest opportunity and also there has to be a strategy for how we are going to face the challenge of being back in the Premier league.

If we stay up the board need to decide whether they think Pardew is the right man to take us forward (in fact they should be deciding this right now) and if not get the right man in (whoever that is). Whoever the manager is they need to be given funds and there also needs to be a clear strategy from the top down as to what being in the premier league means to West Bromwich Albion and what we are trying to achieve by being in it, is it to just survive? Is it to survive and have a good go at the cups? Is it to improve season on season until we are established in the top 10 and then try to push on to threatening the Europa league places?

I'm not holding my breath about any manager being given the funds. But if we are relegated those funds are going to be even further diminished. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1247 on: February 16, 2018, 04:41:27 PM »
Just my view but reading what Pards has said in his press conference through matt wilsons twitter feed, it sounds like he is a dead man walking.

BelgianBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1248 on: February 16, 2018, 04:52:20 PM »
I think we just need to keep sacking managers until we find one who has a magic wand that'll turn our forwards into players that can stick the ball in the back of the net.

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1249 on: February 16, 2018, 05:02:58 PM »
Just my view but reading what Pards has said in his press conference through matt wilsons twitter feed, it sounds like he is a dead man walking.

Completely felt that too, especially going on about how sad he is to see Williams and Goodwin leaving, wiping his hands of this incident and even going to say he regrets it! Damn this is a pretty crappy period at the albion.
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society