Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 635582 times)

Marcus

• Youth Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #1500 on: January 27, 2013, 12:39:27 AM »
I'm going to try and take off my wba tinted specs for a moment and try and rationalise all this in my own head ,because it's all a right dogs breakfast.

I do actually think he feels something for the club and the fans. He has been worried that he's going to be left out in the cold because of his age and the fact that SL and RL are ahead oh him in the 1 striker role, hence he mentions PS. He tries to seek assurance from the club about his longer term future with the club, which the club wont give (understandably). He wants to stay in this country because of his new family. Gets an offer of more money to stay in the UK for the next couple of seasons to finish off his career and make life "more" comfortable for his family.

Comes out with comments to try an expedite a move ( bad advice from his representatives), and it goes tits up.

Tries to explain and justify things on twitter.... makes it worse.

I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for the guy, if all he is saying is true. At the end of the day it's just his job. This means he wants the best for his future and his new family.

Don't get me wrong it could of been done SO much more professionally but we are talking about footballers and dumb ass advisors here. It still feels like I've come home to find him in bed with the missus and to then find out he's been doing my sister on the side, but rationally it's just a job. WE are the ones with the emotional attachment. Not the players.

Let him go with our good will (Let's be the bigger men) and thank him for what he has done.

I just hope this whole sorry scenario will make some of the brunt, rosenburg & jt boo boys have a long hard look at themselves.

Pete..... Shut the **** up you'e only making it worse. Be honest (which I think he is finally starting to be) go to QPR and thanks for the good times.
Unspoilt By Progress

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1501 on: January 27, 2013, 12:53:35 AM »
Wow been out all night and got home to about 5 pages of madness has Pete lost it?! I'm starting to feel sorry for him! The poster above me makes a lot of sense. I'm interested to see what happens tomorrow, and with a long train journey planned I'll have nothing better to do but constantly refresh twitter!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

The Gaffer

« Reply #1502 on: January 27, 2013, 01:04:00 AM »
Why would anyone leave Albion for shitty, smaller QPR? Can only be money. If you want to go there Pete f**k off you are everything that is bad about the modern footballer.

Guys, he ain't that great, treat him with the contempt he's shown us. It's HIS choice to take a backward step. Thick c**t.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1503 on: January 27, 2013, 01:05:22 AM »
No sympathy for me at all.

Player on £40k a week sulking and being disrespectful to his employers and fans to try and force a move away, complaining that the club are making a profit so they can afford to let him go on the cheap, brings other players into it (Scharner, Thomas). Says the club have let him down ?? that's the same club that have given him a nice pay rise, a nice longer contract and rescued him from the hole he was in in Russia, the same club that having made previous profits were able to sign him and then give him a new deal.

I guess Graham Dorrans wants the best for his family and to secure his future financially as well, is he acting like a spoilt attention-seeking brat ?

If Pete is so unhappy then it should stay behind closed doors and he should be letting others get on with sorting a move instead of alienating himself from everyone, fans, officials and teammates.

We were warned to expect this when he signed for us by fans of his old club and we all laughed them off saying they were just bitter and resentful.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1504 on: January 27, 2013, 01:09:46 AM »
I was being Tongue in cheek about feeling sorry for him, he must have the worst self esteem. The bentley comment is the worst. He's lost the plot. We took the nick out of wolves on the #headsgone moment but this p*sses all over that!

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1505 on: January 27, 2013, 01:13:22 AM »
To be honest it's getting geniuinely bizzare now - Seems like he is very mentally unstable.

woodta

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1506 on: January 27, 2013, 01:14:25 AM »
I was being Tongue in cheek about feeling sorry for him, he must have the worst self esteem. The bentley comment is the worst. He's lost the plot. We took the nick out of wolves on the #headsgone moment but this p*sses all over that!

they still go on about the #headsgone moment on talksh*te now. What will they make of this!
In my blood and forever blue and white

The Gaffer

« Reply #1507 on: January 27, 2013, 01:17:11 AM »
To be honest it's getting geniuinely bizzare now - Seems like he is very mentally unstable.

He is. He's uneducated as well as he clearly doesn't understand the double negative in the English language.  I can't stand shallow to**ers like him. Just naughty word him off.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1508 on: January 27, 2013, 01:20:54 AM »
Quite amazing this constant stream of tweets. Either the guy is mentally unstable or engineering a move on the terms he wants or a combination of both.

Not sure how the club can best handle this but it seems inevitable that he won't be playing again for the first team should he remain until the end of the season.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1509 on: January 27, 2013, 01:23:05 AM »
I didn't realise he was tweeting till just an hour ago they're even more cryptic and nonsensical and daresay drunken?!? Tomorrow is going to be very interesting but this is beyond ridiculous now!

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1510 on: January 27, 2013, 02:28:35 AM »
If he's still with us next week I hope the club come down on him like a ton of bricks. I also hope he never pulls on an Albion shirt again. Not even the reserves.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1511 on: January 27, 2013, 02:42:37 AM »
I'm more concerned about what this means for SC's squad. Sure we can cash in, but I would rather have the money out on the pitch rather than in the bank, i.e. I'd be reluctant to sell without a replacement in place. A part- exchange might be one way, but the player we got back would probably not be  a forward of equivalent quality. However, if we could force QPR to allow Taarabt to move, he would add quality to the squad.
On the subject of QPR, I wonder what Pete makes of them being knocked out of the Cup by MK. Remember MK are 2 divisions lower. The other thing is that one of the first things Harry said when joining QPR is that he wanted players who really gave their guts for the club. Made an example of Boswinga. And then he let Cisse go out on loan to some Middle East club basically because he didn't put a shift in. So what does he know about Pete's attitude and commitment levels. I also remember Harry saying how could a club (like QPR) pay top wages when they had a ground capacity  of only 18,000. It sounds like he just makes it up as he goes along.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1512 on: January 27, 2013, 02:51:03 AM »
Does the club offer a suicide watch? The guys obviously unstable. A couple of weeks playing for the vile may bring him to his senses though.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1513 on: January 27, 2013, 03:19:43 AM »
Touch wood he's on bench for spurs game. I've got some Monopoly money to throw at his ignorant greedy face.

BaggieSean

« Reply #1514 on: January 27, 2013, 04:31:25 AM »
If QPR do go down, then the consequences will be close to catastrophic. Their wage-bill will need some serious trimming (see what Villa are going through at the moment); players such as Julio Cesar, Jose Bosingwa, Stephane M'Bia, and now obviously Odemwingie are likely to be on seriously big deals which won't necessarily have relegation clauses. Majority of players would probably need to be sold for cut-price deals, the ones that stay wouldn't be too chuffed about having to play in the dogfight that is the Championship and generally the whole bubble around QPR would be burst in dramatic style as they are spending a massive amount more than they are actually getting into the club, basically if you want to see the results of that see Portsmouth and to a lesser extent Rangers.

Redknapp's reputation of leaving a trail of clubs in a financial turmoil and having football club owners and chairmen pull their pants down for him isn't unfounded, as the fans of the Bournemouths,  Portsmouths, Southamptons and even West Hams of this world will tell you bluntly, so Peter, good luck to you mate, and for YOUR sake I hope you stay up, because if QPR go down, you'll regret it in more ways than one.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1515 on: January 27, 2013, 06:09:58 AM »
I honestly think gents he is a disgrace. We bought him from nowhere and this how he repays us . Greed is all it is . Never mind he wants the best for his family . He is probably a millionaire I am with Jeremy peace on this one . He has trashed the club. Let him rot and I hope he never pulls on a shirt again .

slugga1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1516 on: January 27, 2013, 06:44:07 AM »
Disgraceful, just read all the other tweets. What an absolute selfish and ungrateful person he is, has done himself no favours for a move anywhere, his career is on a downward spiral and with that attitude I can't say I really care less. Looking forward to hearing what the club have to say about all this and also the FA.
Tony Pulis is ...The Equaliser

gwainge

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1517 on: January 27, 2013, 07:25:28 AM »
I'm going to try and take off my wba tinted specs for a moment and try and rationalise all this in my own head ,because it's all a right dogs breakfast.

I do actually think he feels something for the club and the fans. He has been worried that he's going to be left out in the cold because of his age and the fact that SL and RL are ahead oh him in the 1 striker role, hence he mentions PS. He tries to seek assurance from the club about his longer term future with the club, which the club wont give (understandably). He wants to stay in this country because of his new family. Gets an offer of more money to stay in the UK for the next couple of seasons to finish off his career and make life "more" comfortable for his family.

Comes out with comments to try an expedite a move ( bad advice from his representatives), and it goes tits up.

Tries to explain and justify things on twitter.... makes it worse.

I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for the guy, if all he is saying is true. At the end of the day it's just his job. This means he wants the best for his future and his new family.

Don't get me wrong it could of been done SO much more professionally but we are talking about footballers and dumb ass advisors here. It still feels like I've come home to find him in bed with the missus and to then find out he's been doing my sister on the side, but rationally it's just a job. WE are the ones with the emotional attachment. Not the players.

Let him go with our good will (Let's be the bigger men) and thank him for what he has done.

I just hope this whole sorry scenario will make some of the brunt, rosenburg & jt boo boys have a long hard look at themselves.

Pete..... Shut the **** up you'e only making it worse. Be honest (which I think he is finally starting to be) go to QPR and thanks for the good times.

Great post

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1518 on: January 27, 2013, 08:12:38 AM »
His twitter rumblings don't really make that much sense to me. Going on his tweets late last night it seems he's pretty much wanted out in every window despite signing a new deal when he did. However he also seems to imply that the reason he's been like that is because he didn't think we would offer him a long term deal in the near future, again that makes no real sense as it was him that wanted to sign a shorter contract than he actually did with us it was the club that wanted the initial longer deal.

I've come to the conclusion he didn't expect the backlash off fans that he got after his pathetic statement and he's trying to justify himself but made things ten times worse.

Enjoy your last big pay cheque Peter as the club that you go to wont have a fan base where the majority worshipped you, it's a shame you had to tarnish your reputation for greed.

Hulsey74

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1519 on: January 27, 2013, 08:41:24 AM »
I am so disappointed, but not surprised, he was  favourite player by a county mile, but what this highlights (and we all knew really) there is no loyalty these days from the football clubs nor players.
I understand to a point why he wishes to leave (financial - although we ordinary paid folk struggle to understand as we cannot compare 300 per week to 39k per week) but there is a way of doing this, and PO is not doing this...... However, as he points out, you are only loved for your last goal and if someone else better comes along and starts scoring, you are no longer wanted. There's a bloke who sits behind me, and every game he slags off PO, i have posted before that the guy is our best player and we will not realise what we have until he leaves, well we'll see now :) Its a real shame this didn't get sorted earlier, as i really think Chris Wood could have been given his opportunity here.

Pete, thanks for the goals, and thanks for reminding me how fickle footballers, fans and clubs are. But please be quiet now, and show the same class you have as a player in who you are as a person, as at the momemt you are acting like a right TWA*

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1520 on: January 27, 2013, 09:08:33 AM »
He's either had a breakdown or his accounts been hacked

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1521 on: January 27, 2013, 09:37:03 AM »
He's either had a breakdown or his accounts been hacked

Very clever hacker if so. Sounded like Pete. I wonder if he'll claim that? 

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1522 on: January 27, 2013, 09:40:07 AM »
Well after reading all of those tweets I wont be too concerned about him leaving.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1523 on: January 27, 2013, 09:46:20 AM »
So how does everyone see this panning out?

I think QPR will be very clever now. They will let the dust settle for a few days then probably come back with a 3 million 'take it or leave it' offer on deadline day. It's not the figure we want but what do the club do?

I can't see any way that he can play for the club again and theres no way we can have 40k per week worth of wages training with the youth team.

Can't see anyone else wanting him after his outburst so this could get very messy.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1524 on: January 27, 2013, 09:51:14 AM »
If we want to have him play for us again we will have to check him in at some clinic for a few weeks and say PO had a mental breakdown, put some pills in him and have a doctor give a diagnosis.

The fool doesn't realize that he is burning his bridges not only with us, but with all clubs in England. Who would possibly want a disturbed tosser like him around?

It's not only WBA fans that are watching this mental implosion with fascinated disgust.

For QPR to accept him after this shows the real depth of their desperation.