Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 631384 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #1400 on: January 26, 2013, 08:14:11 PM »
Every utterance from Odemwingie is self serving justification of the fact that he wants more money. The latest "they questioned my commitment" well the poor dear if I recall some of his half assed performances of the first half of last season I think the coach then had every reason to question his commitment.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1401 on: January 26, 2013, 08:16:27 PM »
I posted earlier with remarks along the lines of "sell him"! Upon reflection, there may be a whole other spin to be put on this situation. PO has been truly contemptuous, and shown a deep lack of respect for our beloved club. We're all aware just what a shrewd operator Jeremy Peace is and I can see many other scenarios unfolding. I would bet anyone on this forum that he is deeply looking into the legalities of this 'conflict of interests'; i.e, breach of contract, slander, illegal approaches, tapping up, misuse of social media.......the list could go on. There is an important moral point to make by WBA here.......PO is employed and has a boss to answer to, you accept that position every time a contact is signed. He can leave yes - but ONLY if Jez gets the money he wants - simple. I would even go as far to say that Jez could claw enough money back to put the out spoken bas***d in the reserves for the rest of the season and still get 3 mil + come the end. We have to show existing players as well as potential recruits that if you sign for WBA, you understand that we will look after you provided we're not fu**ed about. We do not want to set a precedent here and should all pull together to make an example of his conduct!

There is not problem with the draw of a huge 'pay day' 'if it happens'!.....but lets make him an example of how it shouldn't be done!

I say f**k him!! Treat him with the very same level of disdain...........P.s , I'm not bitter and I'm normally a hoot!!! ;D

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:20:00 PM by sconesy »

lonions

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1402 on: January 26, 2013, 08:38:17 PM »
I wouldn't take Odemwingies decision to move to QPR too personally. He's just looking for one last pay day before his career ends. All he can see is a big signing on fee and a decent pay packet for 12 months. I think its totally irrelevant what team or league he's in.

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1403 on: January 26, 2013, 08:46:27 PM »
I posted earlier with remarks along the lines of "sell him"! Upon reflection, there may be a whole other spin to be put on this situation. PO has been truly contemptuous, and shown a deep lack of respect for our beloved club. We're all aware just what a shrewd operator Jeremy Peace is and I can see many other scenarios unfolding. I would bet anyone on this forum that he is deeply looking into the legalities of this 'conflict of interests'; i.e, breach of contract, slander, illegal approaches, tapping up, misuse of social media.......the list could go on. There is an important moral point to make by WBA here.......PO is employed and has a boss to answer to, you accept that position every time a contact is signed. He can leave yes - but ONLY if Jez gets the money he wants - simple. I would even go as far to say that Jez could claw enough money back to put the out spoken bas***d in the reserves for the rest of the season and still get 3 mil + come the end. We have to show existing players as well as potential recruits that if you sign for WBA, you understand that we will look after you provided we're not fu**ed about. We do not want to set a precedent here and should all pull together to make an example of his conduct!

There is not problem with the draw of a huge 'pay day' 'if it happens'!.....but lets make him an example of how it shouldn't be done!

I say f**k him!! Treat him with the very same level of disdain...........P.s , I'm not bitter and I'm normally a hoot!!! ;D

Couldn't agree more with you. Hell, I wouldn't have cared if he'd just been honest and said QPR had offered me megabucks and it's too good to turn down. That statement is both hurtful and disingenuous to very people who pay his wages, us, the fans. I hope he goes now I really do.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1404 on: January 26, 2013, 08:50:13 PM »
He won't admit to the money aspect as officialLy he's spoken to no one.

As soon as he admits to something like that the club would be taking him to court for breach of contract quicker than you can say money bags.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1405 on: January 26, 2013, 08:53:36 PM »
I wouldn't take Odemwingies decision to move to QPR too personally. He's just looking for one last pay day before his career ends. All he can see is a big signing on fee and a decent pay packet for 12 months. I think its totally irrelevant what team or league he's in.

If that's all he can see then what a stupid individual. He ply's his trade in the biggest league in the world under a global media microscope,  paid a pooh load of money, and doesn't have the intelligence to understand that he will be judged upon his actions and decisions. 'Pay Day' I fully accept and understand. Kicking off via social media sites and disrespecting fans who spend huge percentages of their incomes to follow and support him is a 'low blow'. He should have more class......I'm sad to say he lacks it in abundance!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:03:17 PM by sconesy »

stubba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1406 on: January 26, 2013, 08:56:34 PM »
He says the club questioned his commitment, well they are going to as every window we get this s--t from him!!

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1407 on: January 26, 2013, 08:56:59 PM »
I haven't got a problem with "One last Payday" I've got a problem with how he's acted publicly with that statement. He made his name with us and after with what happened in Russia. We as fans have always treated him with respect. I don't ask for loyalty in the modern game there is none but I would like a bit of respect back. He's a total dick in my opinion

valleybaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1408 on: January 26, 2013, 09:08:44 PM »
whatever happens now if the remarks he's made about our beloved club are true i a can't see the fans backing him as much have they've done in the past , even lukaka has shown better respect and he's only 19. long has been hauled off nearly every half time he's played and he hasn't moaned. i just wish po would come out and say he's going for the money . i'd sell him now and let's see where he ends up when qpr get relegated we only need players here who are totally commited to the club

Umpshire Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1409 on: January 26, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »
I can feel another Odemwingie Banner being Printed. But this this time not as nice as the first one. This guy is a prize idiot let him rot in the reserves.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1410 on: January 26, 2013, 09:13:41 PM »
whatever happens now if the remarks he's made about our beloved club are true i a can't see the fans backing him as much have they've done in the past , even lukaka has shown better respect and he's only 19. long has been hauled off nearly every half time he's played and he hasn't moaned. i just wish po would come out and say he's going for the money . i'd sell him now and let's see where he ends up when qpr get relegated we only need players here who are totally commited to the club

Lukaku handles himself impeccably and so far is an example to ALL young footballers. He's articulate, passionate and everyone can see he's working very hard to improve his game. At his a age he is a far higher calibre of person that PO could ever be. He really doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath! I also class Long in the same bracket.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:15:56 PM by sconesy »

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1411 on: January 26, 2013, 09:31:32 PM »
God this man is unbelievable every time I read something about him he comes out with more sh..e Let's just get rid . No more posts about him and give him the white hankie and turn our backs on him at next home game especially when he warms up . JP Garlick on behalf of all Albion fans Let Him Go so angry. >:(

woodta

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1412 on: January 26, 2013, 09:40:13 PM »
He's off again on twitter. Just keeps digging himself a bigger hole now. Its sad really as he could have left in the summer and done it the right way. Then we could all say thanks for the memories and enjoy your last payday. But to act how he has has just made me despise the man.

Pete please leave asap so we can forget you asap as much as it pains me to say
In my blood and forever blue and white

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1413 on: January 26, 2013, 09:45:18 PM »
Surely someone from the club has been in contact with him to tell him to shut it.  ::)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1414 on: January 26, 2013, 09:46:08 PM »
Players come and players go but I’m really disappointed about this one.

How can he talk about lack of respect when his recent comments are exactly that?

Despite a number of major character flaws that seem to regularly surface from season to season, we tolerate his antics, particularly during the transfer windows, because at the end of the day, he is one of ours.

But this is not about the football, it’s about selfish greed, pure and simple.

Granted QPR have a decent chance of survival, but I do wonder whether he is really the type of character you need in the middle of a relegation scrap.

If he does go there, and they do survive, is he really going to be the major player for them next season that his ego thinks he is?

If he does go there, I hope and pray that they do go down (along with Villa, naturally) and will watch with interest whether he stays with them in the Championship.

Mental illness has been mentioned – but Odemwingie, Twitchy and QPR is insanity!
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

Tequila Rich

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1415 on: January 26, 2013, 09:46:16 PM »
i noticed he's tweeting again!

i went to reply but odemwingie has blocked me from following him on twitter after i tweeted him a few times that he needed to come out and tell the truth, have respect for the fans that supported him etc. admit its for financial gain, new family, great city etc gain not football reasons at all... haha quite funny really.

the truth must hurt....he's greedy, honour-less plonker

didnt even tell him what i really feel about him right now...c u next tuesday

let's sell him, and make them pay a good price, because they can afford it! then watch him screw them over when they go down!

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1416 on: January 26, 2013, 09:47:50 PM »
Quote....."Peter Odemwingie ?@OdemwingieP
I am crazy haha adviser text saying don't tweet, it weakens our position. Doesn't weaken nothing ! When I want to do something, I Do it".

And f**k everyone else ?....You scumbag!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1417 on: January 26, 2013, 09:49:00 PM »
Peter Odemwingie ?@OdemwingieP

If you don't want to know what's in my head why follow me then ? Unfollow please. Score u the best.Don't score - u bad. Where is the truth?

Not having a go at fans eh !!!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1418 on: January 26, 2013, 09:50:07 PM »
Right at least he has admitted it is for money, just tweeted this to one of our fans;

"give me one reason why I shouldn't love or be grateful to Albion fans ? There are none. There is a business part in football"

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1419 on: January 26, 2013, 09:51:10 PM »
Surely someone from the club has been in contact with him to tell him to shut it.  ::)

I suspect the club are letting him dig his own grave here. Even his own advisers have told him to keep his mouth shut.

The longer he goes on the better west bromwich Albion football club will look.

Tequila Rich

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1420 on: January 26, 2013, 09:52:03 PM »
he's slating the fans too??...

If you don't want to know what's in my head why follow me then ? Unfollow please. Score u the best.Don't score - u bad. Where is the truth?

I can understand the reaction of few Albion fans on my desire to leave the club.Real reason? because they once doubted my commitment. Cantletgo

is it me or is he making out that we're another reason why he doesnt want to stay anymore???  after all we did when he came here?? #racism etc???

woodta

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1421 on: January 26, 2013, 09:52:50 PM »
I just wonder how the other players feel about this. The likes of Reid, Foster, mulumbu, Thorne and the likes of kiely and the staff around WBA like Pat frost the kitman.

All the people I have mentioned show their love for the club on twitter daily. The atmosphere around the place will be tense when the hit training on monday.

Fly on the wall would be great to watch
In my blood and forever blue and white

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1422 on: January 26, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »
I just wonder how the other players feel about this. The likes of Reid, Foster, mulumbu, Thorne and the likes of kiely and the staff around WBA like Pat frost the kitman.

All the people I have mentioned show their love for the club on twitter daily. The atmosphere around the place will be tense when the hit training on monday.

Hopefully Popov will "have a word" as it were.

heycreative

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1423 on: January 26, 2013, 09:55:56 PM »
Dear Pete,
Please leave West Brom as soon as possible. Thanks for all you have over the last few years but you have proved it is time to move on.
With every statement and tweet you lose the respect of those WBA fans who have chanted your name and even bought a banner supporting you (with their own money - some dont earn 39k a week).
West Brom will move on and thanks to your recent behaviour, any legacy you had built at the club has been discredited.
Onwards and upwards West Brom, good luck Pete.
PS. Pete, Did you see the score this afternoon, maybe next year you can help the mighty Q.P.R beat the Dingles in the Champ

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1424 on: January 26, 2013, 09:57:02 PM »

Pat frost has said the team are in tomorrow for training

@FrostPat: Day off today...training tomorrow.....ooooooh.....can't wait