Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 635489 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #1325 on: January 26, 2013, 03:59:35 PM »
Incredible, how can a player go from such a fans favorite to this in such a short space of time!

It is incredible. but he has come out and said some pretty stupid things so, serves him right really.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1326 on: January 26, 2013, 04:10:48 PM »
Has Harry promised him an FA cup final appearance? :D
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1327 on: January 26, 2013, 04:11:04 PM »
This confirms my reasons for not renewing my season ticket for the first time since 1978. Today's game is all about pure greed. Of course Odemwingie wants to leave - he's only getting £39,000 a week at West Brom. Do a Google image search for Premiership Footballer's wage slips Tevez earns nearly £750,000 a month! Football has become a mugs game and you'd have to be a mug to pay the sort of inflated ticket prices charged. I thought I'd miss it but I don't and I'm pleased not to be a part of paying ridiculous sums of money to players who ego is only matched by the size of their bank accounts!

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1328 on: January 26, 2013, 04:25:31 PM »
Has Harry promised him an FA cup final appearance? :D

It will have to be for next season then, thats if Harry is still there by then.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1329 on: January 26, 2013, 04:28:38 PM »
Oh dear, what a way to leave the club. Im not convinced this will guarantee us a big deal myself as QPR now know they can get him at a cut price deal, after all, there is now clearly no way he can play for us again else it will be an Alpay - Villa type situation.

I still say we hold out for what we wanted before though and don't crumble now accepting a cut price deal. We have to show our other players they we wont accept this way of leaving. Instead, we either get the full price for him or he deals with the consequences of his actions.
Boing Boing

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1330 on: January 26, 2013, 04:36:04 PM »
Shown his true colours on twitter there, absolutely pathetic.

Despite being racist and biased in their views.... Lokomotive fans said this would happen after 2/3 years
Twitter: @floydy1983

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1331 on: January 26, 2013, 04:36:59 PM »
Oh dear, what a way to leave the club. Im not convinced this will guarantee us a big deal myself as QPR now know they can get him at a cut price deal, after all, there is now clearly no way he can play for us again else it will be an Alpay - Villa type situation.

I still say we hold out for what we wanted before though and don't crumble now accepting a cut price deal. We have to show our other players they we wont accept this way of leaving. Instead, we either get the full price for him or he deals with the consequences of his actions.

maybe someone had a word in his ear ??
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1332 on: January 26, 2013, 04:37:35 PM »
I can just imagine if he doesn't get to leave.
All the usual c**p he spouts about loving the Albion and the fans and never wanting to leave.

Just let him go, put it down to poor character and watch his talent dwindle off into obscurity.
He'll just be a memory in a couple of years, probably playing championship football if he's lucky.
I'd take 3m and send him off in a cab.

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1333 on: January 26, 2013, 04:38:03 PM »
How does P O plus some cash for Danny Graham sound?

Sounds like a step backwards
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:14:02 PM by Floydy »
Twitter: @floydy1983

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1334 on: January 26, 2013, 04:39:41 PM »
If QPR want him make them stump up 4 million and get rid, and go for Danny Graham or Charlie Austin. We get this every transfer window with PO let him go for the 80K per week and rot in the championship. Badge kissing and loving the club one minute and wanting to leave the next. And again who saved him from the racial abuse that he was getting in Russia and gave him the chance to make a name in the Premier league. Loyality what, there will never be another Bomber Brown!   

DorransSporran

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1335 on: January 26, 2013, 04:43:58 PM »
We could, to keep him happy, accept his transfer request, but obviously not accept an offer until our valuation of him is met.  this way he gets what he wants, and when he hasn't left due to other clubs seeing the worst side of him and his behaviour, and deciding that they too do not want this sort of player on their books. He will then realise that he cant carry on this way. 

I'm not saying i want to keep at the club, especially after this behaviour, but it will teach him a lesson in that he cant always get what he wants!

i hope he goes, he's a waste of 40k, a shirt, a squad number and a waste of my time even writing this.

Someone said on another post some time ago, that when he does play for us, if he doesn't score its like we're playing with 10 men.  Give his place to someone who wants to be here, will give 100% on the pitch and hopefully we might see a morale boost around the players.  He is a prima donna who thinks that everyone associated with the club owes him!!

get rid JP he's a disgrace.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1336 on: January 26, 2013, 04:45:12 PM »
maybe someone had a word in his ear ??

Who knows. His advisers don't seem impressed but it's hard to tell what goes on in the murky world of football.
Boing Boing

DorransSporran

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1337 on: January 26, 2013, 04:53:01 PM »
P O on twitter

Peter Odemwingie ?@OdemwingieP
I can understand the reaction of few Albion fans on my desire to leave the club.Real reason? because they once doubted my commitment. Cantletgo

I am crazy haha adviser text saying don't tweet, it weakens our position. Doesn't weaken nothing ! When I want to do something, I Do it.

I succeeded in doing that. But it's not getting better.Before bigger disappointment comes one day I better leave on a good note.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1338 on: January 26, 2013, 04:57:44 PM »
I think we should hold on a second here. The guy is being strung up by the mob for speaking his mind. Is Peter a bit of a drama queen?...yes but then he always has been so nothing new there. Is he prone to a bit of self adulation and to be a bit difficult to understand? yes but this is often a trait common to highly competitive athletes in all sports. Ronnie O Sullivan for example.
Clearly he is unhappy about something but before we all write him off perhaps we (the club) should find out exactly what the problem is and whether there is a solution.
It worries me that the general assumption seems to be that he is some sort of callous money grabber when that may not be the case at all.
In my view we as supporters are of course entitled to have an opinion but should continue on match days to give him our full support. The issue is one for the club to sort out in house.

Sadly I fear this may not be the case

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1339 on: January 26, 2013, 04:58:03 PM »
P O on twitter

I can understand the reaction of few Albion fans on my desire to leave the club.Real reason? because they once doubted my commitment. Cantletgo

I am crazy haha adviser text saying don't tweet, it weakens our position. Doesn't weaken nothing ! When I want to do something, I Do it.

I succeeded in doing that. But it's not getting better.Before bigger disappointment comes one day I better leave on a good note.

I dont think anyone is buying into the fact that commitment is the real reason why he wants to leave.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1340 on: January 26, 2013, 05:00:37 PM »
With QPR losing 4-0 at home to Milton Keynes I'd have thought they'll be most desperate to pay way over the odds. They've put a full side out too - maybe Rednap won't even be managing them next week!

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1341 on: January 26, 2013, 05:07:28 PM »
I know what you are saying Ruby Ruby, but Odemwingie was declaring his love until 2 weeks ago when QPR came in, he was happy to sign a new deal and then as short time ago as the summer just gone declared his love once again.

I wouldnt believe a word that comes out of his mouth, every window the speculation surrounds him, this time its real, as many have said myself included, if he is that desperate for the money and wants to go then so be it,  he has every right to want to leave but there are ways of doing it and also a thing called dignity and respect and with his actions he has shown none to the club and its fans and i hope in return that the Albion show him no respect either.

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1342 on: January 26, 2013, 05:08:37 PM »
Met Pete in Sutton Coldfield today and asked him if he is going and his reply was "I hope so".  The reason is he wants regular first team football in his favourite position up front which he is not getting with us.  Steve asked if he could try out a few games in the wider position which he has done but he does not enjoy it.  It seems he is put out by our "loan player" playing in his position although he says he is good friends with Romelu.  He was unsure if he was going to QPR. 

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1343 on: January 26, 2013, 05:09:13 PM »
Anybody still got that banner?! Let's just put ££££'s all over it and display it again if he doesn't leave. Don't wanna see him in a shirt again but if it happens make it as uncomfortable as possible for him! In an adverse way it'll probs make him motivated.

Having said all that I think it's quite clear he'll never be in a WBA shirt again

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1344 on: January 26, 2013, 05:12:46 PM »
I think we should hold on a second here. The guy is being strung up by the mob for speaking his mind. Is Peter a bit of a drama queen?...yes but then he always has been so nothing new there. Is he prone to a bit of self adulation and to be a bit difficult to understand? yes but this is often a trait common to highly competitive athletes in all sports. Ronnie O Sullivan for example.
Clearly he is unhappy about something but before we all write him off perhaps we (the club) should find out exactly what the problem is and whether there is a solution.
It worries me that the general assumption seems to be that he is some sort of callous money grabber when that may not be the case at all.
In my view we as supporters are of course entitled to have an opinion but should continue on match days to give him our full support. The issue is one for the club to sort out in house.

Sadly I fear this may not be the case

Problem is its behind closed door where he should be airing his grievances not on a social network site where thousands of his clubs followers will see every word and his comments declaring has love for the club have made it worse.

He's either got a screw loose or some bad advisors.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1345 on: January 26, 2013, 05:19:18 PM »
Problem is its behind closed door where he should be airing his grievances not on a social network site where thousands of his clubs followers will see every word and his comments declaring has love for the club have made it worse.

He's either got a screw loose or some bad advisors.
I've read more than once from different sources that Pete's agents haven't exactly helped him in the past , that said he is supposed to be an intelligent guy himself and nobody holds a gun to his head when these situations arrive.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1346 on: January 26, 2013, 05:21:16 PM »
Injury prone and a bit of a nightmare off the pitch, good riddance if I'm honest. I've never been a massive fan, always thought he was criminally overrated by many of our fans who for some reason took him immediately to heart cause the fans at his previous club were nasty to him.

He's relatively useless on the wing and he isn't going to get a kick upfront with Lukaku playing how he is and when Long gets fit again, if we can get £4m for him then we should sell regardless of whether the player wants out or not. His outbursts this afternoon should surprise no one after all he is a modern footballer, never done a decent days work in his life.

Don't let it overshadow what has been so far, a decent-ish season.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1347 on: January 26, 2013, 05:26:53 PM »
 :(
I've read more than once from different sources that Pete's agents haven't exactly helped him in the past , that said he is supposed to be an intelligent guy himself and nobody holds a gun to his head when these situations arrive.

I think he has a screw loose AND bad advisors.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1348 on: January 26, 2013, 05:28:18 PM »
I know what you are saying Ruby Ruby, but Odemwingie was declaring his love until 2 weeks ago when QPR came in, he was happy to sign a new deal and then as short time ago as the summer just gone declared his love once again.

I wouldnt believe a word that comes out of his mouth, every window the speculation surrounds him, this time its real, as many have said myself included, if he is that desperate for the money and wants to go then so be it,  he has every right to want to leave but there are ways of doing it and also a thing called dignity and respect and with his actions he has shown none to the club and its fans and i hope in return that the Albion show him no respect either.

I think it reflects his personality Albion. I sense he is the type of person that needs to feel as if he is making a key contribution and when he isnt rather than rolling up his sleeves as perhaps a Shane Long would do he is inclined to sulk. Look at Carlos Tevez for example. His stroppiness makes PO look like a choir boy but when he feels valued and more importantly happy in his environment then he is an outstanding footballer. I think ultimately Man City reflected on this and realised they wernt handling him the right way so addressed the issue. So far all I can see with Peter is that he on the face of it appears unhappy that he isnt contributing what he wants on the pitch. The fact that he is speaking out is just a sign of frustration from what I can see. I agree with you that he hasnt made himself look good on the face of it and there is a lot of Prima Donna in him but hopefully the club will try to talk to him to get right under the skin of the problem and see if they can resolve the issue. As for a move well if it is based purely on football matters you wouldnt sell right now because he is a key player. But every player has a price so if £4 or 5 million was tabled it might be the correct decision.

baggie004

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1349 on: January 26, 2013, 05:33:18 PM »
A few pages ago someone on here posted a video of the 2010/2011 season of Pete. He scored 15 goals that season and his love for the club and fans was genuine in his celebrations. Now, every goal in that video, what position was PO playing?... He was upfront, on the shoulder of the last defender. Thats where he is best and most lethal.

Now, I'm not going to point fingers at Clarke or any of the management staff here, however, you have to see the guys point. He is an out and out striker. He loves to score goals, and thats what the guy does best. Now, i can agree with most on here that he has a sulk every now and again and has been inconsistent this year. However, ask your self this, if someone brings in a 19yr old to do the same job you do, and have done pretty well so far (15 goals 10/11 season) wouldn't you be a little nervous and hurt? Now, is the right way to handle that business in the public media? No. However, we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes of our club. He may have had conversations with Clarke about his displeasure of playing out of position, and Clarke may be just sticking to his guns, as most managers do. Its no surprise to me that he handed in a transfer request. Im a wide player, and if i was asked to play RB for a few games i would in a heart beat. HOwever, if i was asked to do it and then never saw my position again and i was sitting the bench, or playing RB for the season after a "Loanee" came in, well its only human nature to be upset...

I do not agree with the way PO has handled this situation at all, however, in my job, if a 18/19yr old came in and was doing a decent job but not as well as i know i can do it and i was asked to take a secondary role after proving i am the man for the job... I can see where pete may be a little hurt. Also, this talk i see of how we saved him and gave him the chance of English football. Yes, i agree and no i don't at the same time. At some point someone would have noticed him out there, but it was albion who gave him the offer first, and again you can see his genuine thanks and love for the club in the video posted. If i was in charge he would be one of the first names on the team sheet every week, sulk or no sulk, he really can turn a game around with a moment of magic...

Thanks for everything Pete! If it wasn't for your 15 goals then we wouldnt be where we are now... IMO, your "debt" as most see it was repaid. If you want to play upfront then i bid you farewell, if Albion cant give you that...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:38:26 PM by baggie004 »
"I may live 3000 miles away! But my blood still runs BLUE AND WHITE!!!   :D

My Godfather told me when i was young: "Life is too short to hate... unless its that dingle Shiite from up the road"