Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 635527 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #1000 on: January 25, 2013, 05:34:31 PM »
I really hope that he doesnt go but its not looking to good for us.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1001 on: January 25, 2013, 05:35:05 PM »
Given the criticism our other players have received over the last month or so I expect this to go down like a lead balloon. There is no way he can recover from this now, either that or he'll have to starting scoring regularly to please the fans. The fact it has been published will ruin him here, but saying that, I expect him to gone by the next time we play.

We can't let him go on the cheap. We'll be seen as an easy target for similar under the table maneuvers. JP will bleed them dry, or PO won't go anywhere until the summer at least.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1002 on: January 25, 2013, 05:35:21 PM »
We should never keep a player who is unhappy, particularly someone like Odemwingie who is prone to sulking. JP should just bleed QPR for as much as he can.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1003 on: January 25, 2013, 05:37:07 PM »
This statement translates one thing for me, give us what we want for him or do one. The club no matter what they say publicly will sell him at the right price.
Gera, Gera, Gera

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1004 on: January 25, 2013, 05:37:17 PM »
Shocked by both parties decisions.Peter is our favorite player and he is one of the highest earners in the team,I don't know why he want to leave us,it made me really disappointed.
And for the club ,I would let him go if I am JP.I don't want to hold a player that who actually doesn't want to stay here and play for us anymore.
The PRIDE of midlands

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1005 on: January 25, 2013, 05:37:35 PM »
I really hope we can get as much as we can for him, just hope we have something lined up.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1006 on: January 25, 2013, 05:38:31 PM »
So, instead of coming up with an offer that is acceptable in January to Jezza, QPR are trying to save themselves a couple of million by unsettling the player, no doubt offering him a ludicrous amount of money (all hush hush obviously). Jeremy will not be pleased with this and I can see this episode ending very distastefully.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1007 on: January 25, 2013, 05:40:24 PM »
Nobody's bigger than the club so if qpr match our valuation I would let him go. To be honest I think our scouting team given 5 or 6 million and 40 grand a week to play with could come up with a gem, as long as the money is used to strengthen the team I don't think hel be missed much.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1008 on: January 25, 2013, 05:42:06 PM »
£5 or 6m Fee and £2-3m Wages for someone coming 32 who wants away, I would take that everyday of the week.
Gera, Gera, Gera

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1009 on: January 25, 2013, 05:45:08 PM »
Maybe the club wants to stall,to find a replacement first before we sell him?
The PRIDE of midlands

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1010 on: January 25, 2013, 05:46:47 PM »
Just let him rot in the reserves... Serves him right, don't back down, WBA bigger than PO

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1011 on: January 25, 2013, 05:47:12 PM »
Just meaningless words from another greedy ..... Let him go 3mill snatch Redknobs hands off quicker he's out the club the better

baggieheart

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1012 on: January 25, 2013, 05:47:34 PM »
He is a very talented player but he treats us like utter s**t.

Sell him in the summer sod him and sod QPR.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1013 on: January 25, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »
Just let him rot in the reserves... Serves him right, don't back down, WBA bigger than PO

I don't think a side with our financial resources can afford to do that.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1014 on: January 25, 2013, 05:48:56 PM »
Got to say it does leave a sour taste the way Pete has handled this.

However I'm reserving the majority of my anger for Redknapp. The bloke is an absolute tool and so are the media who blindly follow his every word and unsettle players on his behalf.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1015 on: January 25, 2013, 05:50:18 PM »
We can't let him go on the cheap. We'll be seen as an easy target for similar under the table maneuvers. JP will bleed them dry, or PO won't go anywhere until the summer at least.

If QPR want him so badly then they shall need to pay what we want.

We have a problem though, do we choose to sell now (providing the price is right) and risk not replacing him or do we wait until the summer, baring in mind any relationship between Odemwingie and the fans is now in ruins.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1016 on: January 25, 2013, 05:52:10 PM »
I agree with the above. Anything over 5 mil we should let him go. I think we've had the best out of Pete now anyway. He is still very talented but his form will only deteriorate in the coming years. Let some other club cover his wages when that time comes.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1017 on: January 25, 2013, 05:54:26 PM »
Got to say it does leave a sour taste the way Pete has handled this.

However I'm reserving the majority of my anger for Redknapp. The bloke is an absolute tool and so are the media who blindly follow his every word and unsettle players on his behalf.

I detest the bloke and his constant 'I don't like to talk about other clubs players' and then does for the next 10 minutes rubbish.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1018 on: January 25, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »
I honestly don't care. I'll still sing his name next home game. Best player we've ever had in this division.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1019 on: January 25, 2013, 05:58:23 PM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1312461/redknapp-struggling-land-targets?cc=4716
Harry Redknapp has confirmed he is finding it hard to attract players to Queens Park Rangers during the January transfer window.

As they don't have many choices and the transfer clock ticks down,I think they will make a improved offer to us,more than 3m is a sensible price for me.
The PRIDE of midlands

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1020 on: January 25, 2013, 05:59:05 PM »
I detest the bloke and his constant 'I don't like to talk about other clubs players' and then does for the next 10 minutes rubbish.

He's just an arsehole of the highest order.

Doesn't like to talk about other teams players, so I'll get my mates in the media to unsettle the players instead.

So over-rated as a manager as well, thank christ Roy got the England job. Not sure I could cope with seeing 'Arry at all these public events with his cockney "charm" and the media still declaring him some sort of god despite his failings at Spurs and bankrupting Pompey

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1021 on: January 25, 2013, 06:00:12 PM »
Whether I sing his name depends on his actions from now on. Head down and gets on with the job then yep I will. Starts sulking and the old 'head not right' stuff and he'll deserve every bit of stick he gets (after the game obviously as booing during games at any individual is wrong and helps no-one  ;) )

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #1022 on: January 25, 2013, 06:07:38 PM »
If he was going to hand a transfer request in then the bloke should of done it at the start of january so we
could of found a replacment, whoever told him to do this a few days before the window shuts need hanging.
Odemwingie really needs to show some respect for the Albion and just wait until the summer for a move away.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1023 on: January 25, 2013, 06:09:17 PM »
I'm afraid it will be typical old Albion. We will sell on the 31st and replace him with no one.

Agreed, can see this coming a mile off.

If it's too short notice to replace him then it's too short notice to sell him.........

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1024 on: January 25, 2013, 06:10:17 PM »
£5 or 6m Fee and £2-3m Wages for someone coming 32 who wants away, I would take that everyday of the week.

So would I.

This kind of thing always seems to be just under the surface with Odemwingie. Either that or he does everything his agent tells him without giving it a thought. As a player who's inclined to sulk at times, I expect to see much more of that if he doesn't get to leave before the window closes, with this no doubt being fuelled by vocal antagonism from fans at what he's done. Bridges have been burned and will take some rebuilding, even if the desire is there.

If he does go, I expect us not to sign a replacement before the window closes and also suspect the money received to disappear from our transfer budget by the summer.