Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 631586 times)

royhan

• WBA Coach

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #800 on: January 14, 2013, 09:52:35 PM »
Contracts mean absolutely nothing nowadays. Money always talks and with QPR's owner seemingly not short in this department I can see Odemwingie being tempted to up sticks. JP will no doubt squeeze him for every penny if that situation arises. I just hope Olsson doesn't go. Unlike Odemwingie he will be really difficult to replace.

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #801 on: January 14, 2013, 09:56:53 PM »
Odemwingie according to sky sports wants to speake to QPR to see what's on offer,we'll I say we value him at 3mill they want him then ask for 5mill simple ,he's 32yrs ,18months left think that would be a good deal . Never been happy good shut once and for all :o

Steve Clarke has said no one is for sale apart from Dorrans so thats the end of the matter for me,
enjoy Odemwingie and cherish him because you dont know what you`ve got until its gone.
Wasnt you happy about his 1st season when he scored 16 goals ?
or even his 2nd with 11 ?
I sometimes wonder what these Albion fans are thinking but I guess they must be happy with
"Couldnt hit a cows backside Fortune" or "Cart Horse Rosenberg"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:03:37 PM by the rainbow turn east »

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #802 on: January 14, 2013, 10:08:28 PM »

Steve Clarke has said no one is for sale apart from Dorrans so thats the end of the matter for me,
enjoy Odemwingie and cherish him because you dont know what you`ve got until its gone.
Wasnt you happy about his 1st season when he scored 16 goals ?
or even his 2nd with 11 ?
I sometimes wonder what these Albion fans are thinking but I guess they must be happy with
"Couldnt hit a cows backside Fortune" or "Cart Horse Rosenberg"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd keep him IF we used him as a centre forward, But we use him outwide and his not a failure at that role but his clearly not happy playing they're, He'll be 32 soon and £5million is the most we would get. Like i say though, i wouldn't sell him if he was a centre forward not a winger.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #803 on: January 14, 2013, 10:15:36 PM »
No arguing about his record but whats his value going to be end of his contract inflate our valuation and take  the money and make cheeky bid for Lukaku  who wants to play for us

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #804 on: January 14, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »
If Odemwingie goes, and with Gera out injured, we are putting alot of reliance on Thomas and Fortune  from the wide positions. Could they produce a similar number of goals? I doubt it.
The only way we should even think about helping Odemwingie to QPR is if we use the deal to get someone special in return, like Taarrabt .
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #805 on: January 14, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »
No arguing about his record but whats his value going to be end of his contract inflate our valuation and take  the money and make cheeky bid for Lukaku  who wants to play for us

We have no chane of signing Lukaku on a permanent basis, unfortunately. Besides I'd rather have both here for as long as possible!

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #806 on: January 14, 2013, 10:42:41 PM »
It's very simple supply and demand, we will ask a silly price and they will either pay way more than he is worth or he will stay.
Gera, Gera, Gera

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #807 on: January 14, 2013, 10:48:50 PM »
Looks like QPR have hijacked Remy's move to Newcastle... that, or it's just a tactic from Remy's agent to force Newcastle to pay more for the 'services'.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #808 on: January 14, 2013, 11:25:21 PM »
Looks like QPR have hijacked Remy's move to Newcastle... that, or it's just a tactic from Remy's agent to force Newcastle to pay more for the 'services'.

I think it is quite possible that it is a tactic from his representatives to get more out of Newcastle although its a risky strategy just for a few extra £.

One thing QPR seem to be offering players is the chance of a low get out clause if they go down as well as massive wages. That kind of thing may appeal to Odemwingie but for us as a club we can't afford to let him go in this window because we will be unlikely to be able to replace him. If he does leave the club I think it will be in the summer when he still has some sell on value and we have more time to find a replacement in a window where prices wont be as inflated as they are this month.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #809 on: January 14, 2013, 11:28:56 PM »
Here's another take in Tuesday's Daily Mirror: There's also a last paragraph in the report to say that Bolton are hoping to wrap up a deal for Craig Dawson. Hopefully that'll just be a loan deal.

Peter Odemwingie fancies joining rock-bottom QPR, and West Brom boss Steve Clarke must decide whether to risk playing the striker against the Londoners on Tuesday.
The Baggies have already rejected a £2million offer for Odemwingie from Rangers boss Harry Redknapp, who they value at £6m, as well as his £5m bid for their centre-back Jonas Olsson.
But Redknapp is set to return with an improved offer for the Nigerian forward, who has four goals this term, as he battles to save QPR from relegation.
Ironically, the two sides meet at the Hawthorns on Tuesday in an FA Cup replay to decide who will entertain Sheffield Wednesday or MK Dons in round four, following a 1-1 draw at Loftus Road nine days ago.
We understand that Rangers are willing to give Odemwingie a pay-rise from his £40,000-a-week contract, which has 18 months left.
QPR are also willing to hand him an automatic 12-month contract extension if they do avoid the drop, as well as a big ‘survival bonus’.
Odemwingie, who asked to be kept informed of other clubs’ interest when he signed his contract in August 2011, is tempted and wants Albion to be realistic about his price-tag, as he turns 32 in the summer.
Former Tottenham boss Redknapp has liked Odemwingie since he came to England from Russian club Lokomotiv Moscow, in August 2010.
He was linked with a move for the striker to White Hart Lane in 2011, when Wigan had a £4m offer rejected, and may now finally get his man
Meanwhile, Bolton hope to wrap up a deal for West Brom centre-half Craig Dawson this week.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #810 on: January 15, 2013, 12:33:16 AM »
The Report in the Mirror seems very detailed I wonder who has been briefing them.  ::) Bottom line is that Clarke has come out and said very publicly that Odemwingie is not for sale and I doubt whether he did that without touching base with Ashworth/Garlick. There is an offer on the table but it is fraction of Albion's valuation of the player and for us to perform an about face the offer would probably have to exceed even that figure.

There might be a lot of money in it for Pete and his advisors and it could be tempting i.e. another £20,000 a week between now and the end of the season a £1m survival bonus if QPR stop up plus a more lucrative contract for the next two years. If relegated a release clause which would  leave him to  find another club willing to pay him his current £40,000 or maybe better. However none of that will come to pass unless QPR are prepared to stump up a minimum of £6m and even they are surely not that stupid.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #811 on: January 15, 2013, 12:38:57 AM »
Never underestimate stupidity.

Or desperation.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #812 on: January 15, 2013, 12:49:25 AM »
IF he´s allowed to go, I´d like to think Dynamo Dan has at least one more magic trick up his sleeve. 8)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

wdbroun

« Reply #813 on: January 15, 2013, 01:04:39 AM »
Question: is it also possible Odemwingie's agent is so evidently open to offers because he's trying to leverage a new, better contract at Albion?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #814 on: January 15, 2013, 01:15:35 AM »
Question: is it also possible Odemwingie's agent is so evidently open to offers because he's trying to leverage a new, better contract at Albion?
That's his 3'rd in three years if that's the case.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #815 on: January 15, 2013, 01:18:19 AM »
I think it is quite possible that it is a tactic from his representatives to get more out of Newcastle although its a risky strategy just for a few extra £.

One thing QPR seem to be offering players is the chance of a low get out clause if they go down as well as massive wages. That kind of thing may appeal to Odemwingie but for us as a club we can't afford to let him go in this window because we will be unlikely to be able to replace him. If he does leave the club I think it will be in the summer when he still has some sell on value and we have more time to find a replacement in a window where prices wont be as inflated as they are this month.

If there is truth to this Remy to QPR rumour, it means QPR are prepared to throw serious money at their problem this window. I would still be surprised if Remy went to that horrible little tin pot club, but then again, if he doesn't and chooses Newcastle, it means QPR can easily afford to throw the checkbook at Odemwingie if they are desperate enough. Which they probably will be at the end of the window.

The fee for Remy is £8.3 million, but JP will probably ask for £5 or 6 million for PO (or more!) as we definitely do not have to sell. The question is, just HOW desperate are QPR? Even if that sum seems excessive for PO, they save it many times over if he helps them avoid relegation (which he would imo).

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:21:10 AM by GrGr »

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #816 on: January 15, 2013, 01:20:41 AM »
No need to panic folks.

Little evidence to suggest that PO wants out apart from the Mirror suggesting it (briefed by some geezer called Harry apparently)

The most telling thing is that apparently Albion value him at £6m

What Jeremy wants Jeremy usually gets.

Only question is does he want £6m or does he want to scare off bidders.

Either way is probably a winner but I'd prefer the latter.

I'd certainly rather have one and a half seasons more of our most effective Premier forward even if it meant forgoing a (say) £5m fee. What is he worth in place money alone over two seasons finishes?

Three places improvement in both seasons is worth £4.8M isn't it?

Never mind if we found ourselves lower in the League next year and PO could be the difference between staying up or not.

The £2M bid is a pathetic joke. An insult.

If they come back with £3M or £3.5M I wouldn't even return the call

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #817 on: January 15, 2013, 01:24:45 AM »
I agree, lordbaggie. I wouldn't sell either unless it was a completely ridiculous bid. I like PO, he has been the back bone of our attack for a few seasons now and done a stellar job. He was basically a one man attack force in his first season for us. One of our best signings ever in my opinion, easily one of the best in modern times.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #818 on: January 15, 2013, 09:06:52 AM »
More tripe from the Mirror's James Nursey

James Nursey?@JamesNursey

#QPR offering Odemwingie a rise on remaining 18 month #WBA deal plus automatic extra 1 year if stay up plus survival bonus. He's interested!

How can this happen if a fee hasnt been agreed and the player not given permission to speak to them!!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #819 on: January 15, 2013, 09:17:21 AM »
More tripe from the Mirror's James Nursey

James Nursey?@JamesNursey

#QPR offering Odemwingie a rise on remaining 18 month #WBA deal plus automatic extra 1 year if stay up plus survival bonus. He's interested!

How can this happen if a fee hasnt been agreed and the player not given permission to speak to them!!

I heard this guy on Talksport over the weekend, i got the impression he dont like the Albion
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #820 on: January 15, 2013, 09:19:14 AM »
In fairness it will happen all the time, nothing stopping the representatives of a club letting a players agents know what kind of deal they will be likely to offer without getting permission from the club. I would guess we have done exactly the same thing.

As for Nursey I can't stand him as a journalist, seems to have a real soft spot for Villa and Norwich for some reason.

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #821 on: January 15, 2013, 10:21:41 AM »
In fairness it will happen all the time, nothing stopping the representatives of a club letting a players agents know what kind of deal they will be likely to offer without getting permission from the club. I would guess we have done exactly the same thing.

As for Nursey I can't stand him as a journalist, seems to have a real soft spot for Villa and Norwich for some reason.
Think he is a Norwich fan, he has stated on a couple of occasions that he has been to their games as a fan.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #822 on: January 15, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »
We are apparantly talking  of wanting £6 million, if we get anywhere near that take it and get Danny Graham, everyones a winner!....if only things were that simple eh?
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #823 on: January 15, 2013, 10:49:49 AM »
We are apparantly talking  of wanting £6 million, if we get anywhere near that take it and get Danny Graham, everyones a winner!....if only things were that simple eh?

No thank you, Danny Graham is to similar to Shane Long and lacks any real pace.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #824 on: January 15, 2013, 11:30:02 AM »
No thank you, Danny Graham is to similar to Shane Long and lacks any real pace.

.........and scores goals
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'