Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 635592 times)

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #275 on: May 25, 2012, 08:17:03 PM »
I love him on the pitch (most of the time) but he is a prize idiot off it,he is an intelligent guy so he knows full well what he is saying,is it any coincidence every club he has been at has been glad to see the back of him

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #276 on: May 25, 2012, 08:36:51 PM »
Has everyone forgot Shane Long ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #277 on: May 25, 2012, 08:42:50 PM »
Has everyone forgot Shane Long ?

The player who scored twice (a penalty and a blatant offside goal) in fifteen games for us this spring? I realize Shane wasn't really match fit (but why play him then), however, the jury is very much out on Shane imho. I just think he lacks the all round game to be our leading striker if we are to aim for a stable mid table position.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #278 on: May 25, 2012, 08:48:00 PM »
I love him on the pitch (most of the time) but he is a prize idiot off it,he is an intelligent guy so he knows full well what he is saying,is it any coincidence every club he has been at has been glad to see the back of him

I dunno. PO sure talks a lot but I think the "journo's" and "bloggers" seem happy to pick and chose what they "print". I'd like to hear for myself what PO said. I certainly don't trust the Sun...  ::) Or some Nigerian "blogger"  :-X

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #279 on: May 25, 2012, 09:07:48 PM »
Incidentally, the Russian article is signed "Yuri Butnev".

Odemwingie is an articulate guy, the quotes from him always read like they have been made by someone else to me, sort of pidgeon English.

In the last two such cases, everyone seems to have gotten their information from Russian sources. Someone in Russia e-mails Pete some questions in Russian, Pete answers. Unless you have someone handy to translate, you're stuck with a software translation, which makes everything sound idiotic.

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #280 on: May 26, 2012, 12:27:38 AM »
If he starts all of this again its bye bye. If we could get 5 mill im sure we could attract someone who could fill his boots. That's 40k off the wage bill as well as Scharners wage so we could attract someone for around 6 - 7 mill and afford to stick them on 40g a week it open's up a lot of quality options for us.

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #281 on: May 26, 2012, 08:18:30 AM »
said it before will say it again , if PO wants to stay in the premier League but go to a team that will challenge for trophies  then i'm sorry Pete the baggies are as good as it is going to get for you mate, because unfortunately you have a vital ingredient missing in your play its called consistency, teams like us  cope with it and you will start a number of games , net a few goals, teams challenging for trophies expect 100% all the time , alternative is warming the bench.

now if  Celtic were interested you will get your trophies,

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #282 on: May 26, 2012, 07:05:40 PM »
Any player not happy to put on the West Bromwich Albion shirt regardless of who he is we should let go ASP and a replacement brought in ASP.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #283 on: May 27, 2012, 03:21:36 PM »
Strange tweet from Pete "@OdemwingieP: Thank you  all for the congratulatory msgs. It was the  most beautiful day of my life ! A contract I signed with the biggest joy ever !"
Gera, Gera, Gera

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #284 on: May 27, 2012, 03:22:36 PM »
Strange tweet from Pete "@OdemwingieP: Thank you  all for the congratulatory msgs. It was the  most beautiful day of my life ! A contract I signed with the biggest joy ever !"

He got married yesterday.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #285 on: May 27, 2012, 03:25:15 PM »

Isn't his wife from around the black country? That should make him want to stay in the area? 
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #286 on: May 27, 2012, 03:25:55 PM »

Oh right, makes sense.
Gera, Gera, Gera

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #287 on: May 27, 2012, 03:28:34 PM »
Isn't his wife from around the black country? That should make him want to stay in the area? 

I know she is English; not sure where she is from specifically. He will definitely stay in England at least.  ;D

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #288 on: May 27, 2012, 03:37:10 PM »

If I remember correctly she's from Manchester and all her family are Man City fans.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

reiss

« Reply #289 on: May 27, 2012, 04:08:54 PM »
Any player not happy to put on the West Bromwich Albion shirt regardless of who he is we should let go ASP and a replacement brought in ASP.

100% agree, if there going to throw there toys out the pram, they can go

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #290 on: May 27, 2012, 04:10:04 PM »
I wonder if she's a stepping stone to something better. Maybe next summer he'll fancy a move to a more ambitious better woman? Quite frankly I'm sick and tired of PO's "come and get me" overtures. You're not signing for united, city, arsenal, Chelsea or spurs. Get over yourself and finish your career in a way you will be proud of in retirement.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #291 on: May 27, 2012, 04:18:13 PM »
I wonder if she's a stepping stone to something better. Maybe next summer he'll fancy a move to a more ambitious better woman? Quite frankly I'm sick and tired of PO's "come and get me" overtures. You're not signing for united, city, arsenal, Chelsea or spurs. Get over yourself and finish your career in a way you will be proud of in retirement.

Don't really understand these types of reactions. He is well within his rights to explore better options for himself. Some people just seem to dislike Odemwingie; Olsson doesn't seem to get the same abuse and what he has said is tantamount to the same thing. Any key player who leaves will be leaving for a lot of money and will have earned their move. If his attitude is poor and he is having a detrimental effect on the team then we can criticise him. Who was the last first team player we have sold whilst we were in the Premiership anyway?

We may have given him a chance in the Premiership but I bet other clubs would of probably have taken the same gamble if we hadn't. The fact is he cost very little, took a pay cut to come here and has contributed massively. I think he has been very professional and conducted himself very well overall during his time here - people should cut the guy some slack.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:23:02 PM by KingKoren »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #292 on: May 27, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »
Our problem would be finding as replacement within budget who can score 10-15 goals in the Prem. I remember Mowbray saying going into the season we would be fine for goals with Miller, Bednar and Moore as our strikers.  He got that badly wrong and then was forced into panic loans at Xmas , Jay Simpson..all of which played a massive role in our relegation.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #293 on: May 27, 2012, 05:04:03 PM »
Don't really understand these types of reactions. He is well within his rights to explore better options for himself. Some people just seem to dislike Odemwingie; Olsson doesn't seem to get the same abuse and what he has said is tantamount to the same thing. Any key player who leaves will be leaving for a lot of money and will have earned their move. If his attitude is poor and he is having a detrimental effect on the team then we can criticise him. Who was the last first team player we have sold whilst we were in the Premiership anyway?

We may have given him a chance in the Premiership but I bet other clubs would of probably have taken the same gamble if we hadn't. The fact is he cost very little, took a pay cut to come here and has contributed massively. I think he has been very professional and conducted himself very well overall during his time here - people should cut the guy some slack.

Except with Olsson it is the first time it's happened, with Pete it's every window.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #294 on: May 27, 2012, 07:31:56 PM »
Incidentally, the Russian article is signed "Yuri Butnev".

In the last two such cases, everyone seems to have gotten their information from Russian sources. Someone in Russia e-mails Pete some questions in Russian, Pete answers. Unless you have someone handy to translate, you're stuck with a software translation, which makes everything sound idiotic.

Thanks for that explanation Quakes, its why I am always distrustful of such articles, things get taken out of context and miss interpreted.
Baggie in Southampton

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #295 on: May 27, 2012, 07:42:15 PM »
Personally after the first lot of Odemwingie speculation last year and the history of Kanu during in his stint with us I'm very suspicious of these" foreign press reports".Until i see an official transfer request or the player himself on camera saying he wants to move i don't believe a thing.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #296 on: May 27, 2012, 08:45:08 PM »
Personally after the first lot of Odemwingie speculation last year and the history of Kanu during in his stint with us I'm very suspicious of these" foreign press reports".Until i see an official transfer request or the player himself on camera saying he wants to move i don't believe a thing.

Same, I can't believe people are so gullible they swallow everything some Nigerian bloggers (or the Sun, same cred) feed them.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #297 on: May 27, 2012, 10:58:50 PM »
 :D Congratualtions Pistol to you and your lovely wife...best wishes.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #298 on: July 17, 2012, 12:16:15 PM »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

MulumbuPower!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #299 on: July 17, 2012, 01:05:57 PM »
Would Pete leave for a far east club? He's only jusy got married and seems to be close to the family considering his tweets about the in-laws haha
I'd like to apologise for my spelling and grammar. I post from my phone.