Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 635598 times)

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2012, 04:44:32 PM »
Pete is getting on average 1 chance per game.

Last season that was more like 3 or 4.

He should be played off the last man or sold. He isn't the right type of striker to be chasing balls down and coming deep.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #226 on: February 06, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »
Problem is Long seems to be turning in to a "sick note"!

That is crazy harsh. The lad is fairly tough from what i've seen of him. How sporty would you be with a broken spine?

Pete will score a brace at some point of the season and then he'll believe in himself. Pete's mind is fragile, but he's a good player.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2012, 07:33:07 PM »
That is crazy harsh. The lad is fairly tough from what i've seen of him. How sporty would you be with a broken spine?

Pete will score a brace at some point of the season and then he'll believe in himself. Pete's mind is fragile, but he's a good player.

Long runs with "locked" hips, ie they do not move back and forth with the leg properly. Watch him run, his legs move up and down like drumsticks but there is very little movement in the hips. This means he will have his fair share of groin and back injuries.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #228 on: February 15, 2012, 10:32:12 PM »

This is an insane post, Long has an excellent injury record untill he got assaulted by the Villa thug.
Baggie in Southampton

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2012, 09:01:44 AM »
This AGAIN?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4176825/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-targets-West-Brom-striker-Peter-Odemwingie.html

ARSENE WENGER is lining up a second move for West Brom's Peter Odemwingie.

Arsenal boss Wenger was put off by Brom's £8million asking price last summer as the Nigerian hitman is 30.

But Odemwingie has netted 10 goals this season and Gunners are desperate to beef up their scoring options.

Cologne's Lukas Podolski is another summer target.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2012, 09:17:55 AM »
This AGAIN?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4176825/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-targets-West-Brom-striker-Peter-Odemwingie.html

Arsenal boss Wenger was put off by Brom's £8million asking price last summer as the Nigerian hitman is 30.

But Odemwingie has netted 10 goals this season and Gunners are desperate to beef up their scoring options.

Come on the 'Brom'.... Kin cockney rag  :P
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2012, 09:20:21 AM »
This AGAIN?

Exactly why I don't read The Sun...lazy journalism. Arsenal go out of Europe and have looked out of sorts all season up front (apart from RVP) so they will be "linked" with any striker who has scored a few this season. Before the Wolves game would this story have appeared? I very much doubt it. I'd be amazed if there was any truth in it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2012, 12:56:34 PM »

This is an insane post, Long has an excellent injury record untill he got assaulted by the Villa thug.

I'm confused, you've quoted me but you're agreeing with me?

Did you mean to quote the one calling him a sicknote?

Oh and for once i;m happy to see i was actually right about Pete (see above)

The price anyone would have to pay to get the 10-15 goal a season striker from us is too high. He's 30 and won't have a sell of value and we'd want £8mill minimum. I can't see anyone spending that.

That being said i wouldn't begrudge Pete a move with a chance of winning something.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »
Pete was worth about 7m last summer, about 2m at Xmas - back up to 7m now!!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2012, 01:43:11 PM »
Pete was worth about 7m last summer, about 2m at Xmas - back up to 7m now!!

Pete was always worth more than £2million. Some fans are just very kneejerk.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »
Hugely funny story  :D

A story fabricated by a Nigerian Blogger........ appears again

laughable

On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »
Why do people believe this nonsense? Every African loves Arsenal and every Nigerian would want him to play for Arsenal. Unfortunately for them, he's over thirty, under contract to us and nowhere near Arsene Wenger's wish list. Let The Mail publish their anti-West Brom rubbish (how long before they reel out their standard "Roy frustrated by transfer policy?" story - despite us signing all of his targets). Someone at that paper has a serious chip on their shoulder about us.

When I see him holding a red & white scarf for the press I'll believe it until then don't stress.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/03/11/Baggies-open-door-for-Gunners-swoop/gnid-134161/

Personally i think it's a stupid move, if Wingie has a bad spell, he'll lose confidence, the crowd gets on his back and he'll be dropped. It'll be like going back to Spartak Moscow. He'll be the new Kuszczak

Rich99

« Reply #238 on: March 11, 2012, 08:58:04 PM »
Roy Hodgson talked West Brom’s star striker Peter Odemwingie out of chasing a double-your-money move to China in January.

The Nigeria star, who has scored five goals in Albion’s last three games, also had approaches from clubs in the Middle East.

But boss Hodgson sat down with the 30-year-old to convince him he would be better off chasing goals in the Premier League than tax-free riches.

And he believes that if Odemwingie keeps scoring, he will earn a big-money move anyway – but to a top Champions League club.

That could put him in the shop window and Hodgson admitted: “I don’t know what the club would do if an offer from a top club came in.

“I look at things on a ­realistic basis. If you are not one of the top four teams paying the sort of salaries they do, when they come in for your players and want to sign them for big money, then the players go.

“If that happened I would be delighted to say, ‘Peter, you have been fantastic for us and shown what a great player you are, and we can’t compete with this’.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/West-Brom-Roy-Hodgson-talked-Peter-Odemwingie-out-of-chasing-tax-free-riches-in-China-and-Middle-East-article876482.html

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #239 on: March 11, 2012, 09:11:38 PM »
FFS Wenger isn't going to sign Odemwingie, not in a month of Sundays, the press needs to stop flogging that dead horse.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:21:26 PM by Kicking Pigeons »

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #240 on: March 11, 2012, 10:08:47 PM »
He isn't good enough for Arsenal, plus they've practically signed Podolski now.

Reddiebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2012, 04:30:50 PM »
Owing to the contract recently signed by PO if he leaves us it will be because the club is ok with that scenario and want the money for whatever reason, so if Peter does leave to a bigger club don't blame him look to the boarbroom. If he does go to Arsenal he would be a bit part player, I would wish him the best of luck and hope he won't score against us in the future.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 06:44:16 PM by Baggies »

Baggie_Cheese

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #242 on: March 12, 2012, 07:24:47 PM »
No-one giving Roy credit for very clever man management here...More or less guarantees him staying at The Hawthorns.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #243 on: May 25, 2012, 12:26:19 AM »
PETER ODEMWINGIE wants to move from West Brom — to a bigger club.

The striker said: “It is time for me to struggle for silverware not just for survival in the Premier League.”

The Russia-born Nigerian, 30, scored 11 goals for the Baggies last season.

He added: “I hope I will leave West Brom keeping warm relations with everybody.

“I would consider any proposals — even from Russia. But my aim is to stay in England.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4336951/Peter-Odemwingie-wants-to-quit-Baggies-for-a-bigger-club.html

westbrom4ever

« Reply #244 on: May 25, 2012, 12:28:57 AM »
Scary to think Odemwingie, Mulumbu, Ollson and Foster might not be here next season.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #245 on: May 25, 2012, 12:35:11 AM »
is "The Sun" a reliable source?

and in truth who, of the Clubs that will be in the mix for trophies, would actually want to pay what we would sell him for?

On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #246 on: May 25, 2012, 12:46:10 AM »
is "The Sun" a reliable source?

and in truth who, of the Clubs that will be in the mix for trophies, would actually want to pay what we would sell him for?

I don't think they can just make up quotes, unless they are old ones of course.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2012, 12:52:05 AM »
PETER ODEMWINGIE wants to move from West Brom — to a bigger club.

The striker said: “It is time for me to struggle for silverware not just for survival in the Premier League.”

The Russia-born Nigerian, 30, scored 11 goals for the Baggies last season.

He added: “I hope I will leave West Brom keeping warm relations with everybody.

“I would consider any proposals — even from Russia. But my aim is to stay in England.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4336951/Peter-Odemwingie-wants-to-quit-Baggies-for-a-bigger-club.html
If it's true then he's seriously deluded. Let's look at the English clubs who have a chance of winning the league/ones in a European competition and if they would ever want him:

Chelsea - no chance
Arsenal - no chance
Tottenham - no chance
Man Utd - no chance
Man City - no chance
Newcastle - no chance
Everton - unlikely

If he wants to win silverware then Russia is the best he'll be able to do because none of the above teams will go for him and I the only teams from other top leagues (Italy, Spain, Germany) who'll want him are West Bromwich Albion equivalents (mid-table). He obviously has a lot of confidence, but he's going to be very disappointed I think. Also somebody should define to him 'struggling for survival in the Premier League', I'll think he'll find 11th and 10th place finishes isn't struggling too much.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:54:58 AM by Kicking Pigeons »

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2012, 12:53:33 AM »
Hopefully they're just repeating something from that completely unreliable blogger in Nigeria who stirred up trouble before. One would expect to hear from Pete himself via social media soon if it's all bogus.

Boinggg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #249 on: May 25, 2012, 01:09:08 AM »
may have some validity as his quotes at the bottom of this piece from the mirror the other day seem simular.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/new-england-boss-roy-hodgson-844167

“I’m grateful to West Brom for giving me that chance and making everything happen for me.

“But I’ve got to be ambitious. I’m 30 now, these are the final three years when I’m going to be on top of my game.

“I came to England looking for a way to get to the top four or five teams. I believe I can play at the highest level, and I’ll miss Roy.”