Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2243623 times)

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #8150 on: August 31, 2019, 11:44:45 PM »
Well I didnt know that Grealish and Villa had a reputation for seeking contact and falling over at any chance. Thought it was only me believing that. Seems to have cost them today. Clear howler of a decision. Very upsetting I had to wipe away the tears ( though my wife did ask why I was laughing so hard).

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8151 on: September 01, 2019, 12:01:03 AM »
Some might say that's karma for being known to fall over very easily at any opportunity to gain a foul on behalf of your team.
C'est la vie

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8152 on: September 01, 2019, 02:25:36 AM »
 Blatant dive as cahill clearly moves his leg away yet greasy jack still manage to outdo Tom daley.

My Friend Kevin may take stick for nob heads like jermain jenas but watch the situation in slow motion and it is clear what cahill does yet greasy still manages kiss the grass the vile scum bag.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8153 on: September 01, 2019, 10:45:57 AM »
Blatant dive as cahill clearly moves his leg away yet greasy jack still manage to outdo Tom daley.

My Friend Kevin may take stick for nob heads like jermain jenas but watch the situation in slow motion and it is clear what cahill does yet greasy still manages kiss the grass the vile scum bag.

He has a unique style. And I feel Smith has Villa trained to find the contact to win frees. Like Mings tumbling when lightly shoved by Rodriguez leading to our throw-in for Dawsons goal.
Grealish seemed to be in two minds whether to play om or win a free/penalty. Also Zaha did very well not to take him out (maybe he should have actually) and the BBC commentator trying to make excuses that he got pushed into Cahill.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8154 on: September 01, 2019, 10:54:39 AM »
Wonderful little cameo on so many issues and a very small piece of poetic justice to help make up for the Graham Scott inspired cheating sc8m.
Hopefully plenty more outrages against them to come as they struggle and, as the little team, fail to get decisions at that level.
A few thrashings by the big guys wouldn’t go a miss either!
Maybe they’ll have referee Scott rescue them in a few games ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8155 on: September 01, 2019, 11:17:13 AM »
Grealish is a quality player, and I think one of those who mixes good ability with a good football intelligence, even though he’s not the brightest outside of sport.

It’s hard to tell 100% from the angles I’ve seen, but it seems to me he was heading in to a crowded area at pace with the intention of going down to try and deceive the ref and get something, He got up quickly was because he could see the situation had developed to villas  advantage.

If it was your club you would find plenty of ways to defend him and feel harshly treated but since it’s not....  :D

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8156 on: September 01, 2019, 11:40:38 AM »
Let's be honest it was an absolutely appalling decision. And what the point is of having VAR if it's not going to be used to rectify wrongs like that I will never know. Ridiculous!

However, as it's Vile and that greasebag Grealish

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 12:20:11 PM by OldburyWBA »

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8157 on: September 01, 2019, 12:05:30 PM »
Grealish is a serial cheat and has done over multiple teams during his career. **** him; **** Villa and **** anyone who feels sorry for the little rat.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8158 on: September 01, 2019, 12:17:15 PM »
Grealish is a quality player, and I think one of those who mixes good ability with a good football intelligence, even though he’s not the brightest outside of sport.

It’s hard to tell 100% from the angles I’ve seen, but it seems to me he was heading in to a crowded area at pace with the intention of going down to try and deceive the ref and get something, He got up quickly was because he could see the situation had developed to villas  advantage.

If it was your club you would find plenty of ways to defend him and feel harshly treated but since it’s not....  :D

I've now seen it from a clearer angle than from behind the goal, and I think the ref gets it spot on. Zaha brushes Grealish who seems to stumble but he tries to keep going into the box to draw a foul and throw himself into Cahill and to the ground in the hope of a penalty. The dive itself is comical it is so obvious. As you say, he jumps straight back up when he sees the ball has found Lansbury.

The ref believes Grealish has tried to gain an advantage by conning him so he blows the whistle. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. If Lansbury skies the chance instead of putting it in, nobody would have even questioned the decision.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #8159 on: September 01, 2019, 12:21:15 PM »
At first I thought he was hard done by but the more you watch it the more you see his leg left dangling waiting for contact, ref got it spot on.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8160 on: September 01, 2019, 12:22:02 PM »
In two words Ha Ha  ;D
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8161 on: September 01, 2019, 12:44:31 PM »
I have to say that following on from three points at home the news Grealish'd been booked for diving, a Villa goal was consequently chalked off and they went onto lose rounded off a wonderful day for me on a number of levels.

It made the last few beers for the night in the Villa local all the sweeter. Superb morning, afternoon and evening on the beer and at the football. It's what three PM Saturday kick offs were made for, an absolutely quality day 8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8162 on: September 01, 2019, 07:23:29 PM »
I think some of their fans were a bit miffed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49456556
Third paragraph down.

"It also prompted angry scenes off the pitch, with TV footage showing punches being thrown at security staff by spectactors in the away end. Police with batons eventually intervened, making one arrest, with video footage under review to assess if further action is necessary."

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8163 on: September 01, 2019, 07:32:43 PM »
I don't understand why they are so upset the ref was 100% correct pickey Jack dived in the build-up to the goal. VAR confirmed he is cheating diver and the goal was correctly disallowed as he blew his whistle for the dive.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8164 on: September 01, 2019, 07:36:24 PM »
The more I see the incident the more I think the ref got it right.
Grealish obviously throws himself when he sees Cahill put his leg out
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8165 on: September 06, 2019, 07:39:27 AM »
I see our illustrious neighbour's are under investigation under FFP rules by the Premier League.
Apparently by 'selling' the stadium to their owners they could be in breach of the Premier League FFP.
Derby and Sheff Utd are also under investigation under similar accusations.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8166 on: September 06, 2019, 08:51:14 AM »
I don't understand why they are so upset the ref was 100% correct pickey Jack dived in the build-up to the goal. VAR confirmed he is cheating diver and the goal was correctly disallowed as he blew his whistle for the dive.
Reality hitting home now, they were a big club in the Championship but completely insignificant in the Prem, just part of the lower end sludge.
Refs protected Greasy last year because he was high profile, he won't get that this season.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8167 on: September 06, 2019, 08:56:56 AM »
I see our illustrious neighbour's are under investigation under FFP rules by the Premier League.
Apparently by 'selling' the stadium to their owners they could be in breach of the Premier League FFP.

They will look into it, but they won't do anything. And they won't stop people from doing it again in the future.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8168 on: September 06, 2019, 10:30:19 AM »
I read about this subject on a few sites yesterday, but the vile were never mentioned. Has anyone seen what punishment could possibly be handed out?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8169 on: September 06, 2019, 11:29:02 AM »
Reality hitting home now, they were a big club in the Championship but completely insignificant in the Prem, just part of the lower end sludge.
Refs protected Greasy last year because he was high profile, he won't get that this season.

protected? i think you miss spelt "were conned by". With the use of VAR, his diving antics will be further picked up. I'm looking forward to his first two game ban for simulation.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8170 on: September 06, 2019, 01:55:00 PM »
I read about this subject on a few sites yesterday, but the vile were never mentioned. Has anyone seen what punishment could possibly be handed out?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49600851

I hope the manage to get 9 points then get a 9 point deduction like Blues

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8171 on: September 06, 2019, 02:04:53 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49600851

I hope the manage to get 9 points then get a 9 point deduction like Blues

No chance. Villa in the Premier. Worst they will get is a fine - big deal.

"Stinks" Maybe - but that's modern day football.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8172 on: September 06, 2019, 05:41:47 PM »
The problem here is the word "could"
(Not having a go at you touamigos) because the rules are not clear and not well known enough....the administering of punishment is also to vague and unclear

Why we can't have straight forward rules and punishment is a mystery...it's almost like you need the ambiguity to allow "detail" to be hidden?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8173 on: September 07, 2019, 09:23:55 AM »

No chance. Villa in the Premier. Worst they will get is a fine - big deal.

"Stinks" Maybe - but that's modern day football.

However one ray of hope is that if they are relegated in the next two seasons their last season in the Championship counts towards their FFP numbers. If they strip the ground sale out then they are almost certainly in breach assuming that given their spending they are not making a huge profit this season.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8174 on: September 16, 2019, 09:32:57 PM »
Scumbags up against 10 men
Never a foul never mind a second yellow