Author Topic: Serge Gnabry returns to Arsenal  (Read 124168 times)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Serge Gnabry Joins on loan
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2015, 03:51:20 PM »
Is he our first German? I don't remember any others.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2015, 03:53:57 PM »
Is he our first German? I don't remember any others.

We had Uwe Rosler on loan a few years back.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2015, 03:56:26 PM »
We had Uwe Rosler on loan a few years back.
good Lord yes!! For some reason I thought he was Austrian, derp  ???

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2015, 04:11:23 PM »
Welcome to the Albion Serge :D

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2015, 04:15:01 PM »
lets hope we see a serge in attacks
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2015, 04:37:01 PM »
Welcome to the club Serge

really looking forward to seeing him play for us

exciting player
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2015, 12:02:59 AM »
Welcome to the baggies Mr gnarby! I hope you do bloody well for us!

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2015, 12:15:05 AM »
can he play monday

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2015, 12:20:42 AM »
Not sure but I think we missed the time and not sure he match fit! ( I'm sure I read this somewhere) be good if we can use him as a sub though!

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2015, 06:57:31 AM »
can he play monday
In the middle of the official announcement about Gnabry signing it says:

"Baggies supporters can still get their hands on tickets for Albion’s season opener at home to Manchester City on Monday"

which implies that he might be available to play, although I suspect he's not and the inclusion of the above in the article is a tad disingenuous!

I'm please that we now have several natural attacking wingers, as it hopefully means we'll be more adventurous this season. However, I still have a nightmare scenario in my head that we'll start with central midfielders out wide for many games, with the wingers on the bench, ready to appear if necessary during the last 20 minutes!

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2015, 08:42:58 AM »
Pretty sure he had to be signed by 12:00 Friday. I believe it went through a couple of hours late.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2015, 08:51:52 AM »
Pretty sure he had to be signed by 12:00 Friday. I believe it went through a couple of hours late.

TP obviously was not too concerned, will start as a sub and have to break into the team.
Baggie in Southampton

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2015, 10:43:32 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing him play for us. Highly rated by those at Arsenal, a German Under 21 international and fast, powerful and skillful.

A better signing than Sako for me.
Boing Boing

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2015, 11:36:51 AM »
Great signing, young, eager to please & hungry for the big game!

Cant be bad!
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2015, 11:42:16 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing him play for us. Highly rated by those at Arsenal, a German Under 21 international and fast, powerful and skillful.

A better signing than Sako for me.
A better signing that any of the wide players we have been linked with for me and we only paid a loan fee!  :)

Regardless of who else we sign this is the signing of the summer for me.

Gunners

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2015, 01:10:42 AM »
Serge is a potentially a brilliant player. Impressed throughout the youth tournaments along with Bellerin (who you all know now!) You have got yourselves a gem lads. 13/14 was his breakout season for us. Shame a season long injury in 14/15 stopped his progress. I am looking forward to seeing him in action every week on Sky/MoTD though as he could be an Arsenal first team regular in a few season's time. 

I hope you don't mind me saying but he is already better than the wingers you have got and when he is match fit should be starting every game, you all will love him at the Hawthorns!

Lastly for Fantasy football purposes he is costs 5.0 on it. Bargain! Hope he starts every game haha.  ;)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2015, 01:32:17 AM »
Serge is a potentially a brilliant player. Impressed throughout the youth tournaments along with Bellerin (who you all know now!) You have got yourselves a gem lads. 13/14 was his breakout season for us. Shame a season long injury in 14/15 stopped his progress. I am looking forward to seeing him in action every week on Sky/MoTD though as he could be an Arsenal first team regular in a few season's time. 

I hope you don't mind me saying but he is already better than the wingers you have got and when he is match fit should be starting every game, you all will love him at the Hawthorns!

Lastly for Fantasy football purposes he is costs 5.0 on it. Bargain! Hope he starts every game haha.  ;)

Thanks for your post Gunners, I'm sure all Baggies fans are looking forward to seeing him in our team and performing well.

There is lots of speculation about our own "jewel in the crown" Saido Berahino with your arch rivals showing interest, is he a player Wenger would be interested in do you think? Many Albion fans including me want to keep him, but if he did leave I think he would suite Arsenals style of football, thoughts.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2015, 10:28:11 AM »
Thanks for taking the trouble to post, Gunners. Is Gnabry comfortable on either wing and is he exclusively regarded as being a winger? If not, where else would you say he could do a good job for us?

Gunners

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2015, 12:41:15 PM »
cheers for the welcome lads. Now onto your questions.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post, Gunners. Is Gnabry comfortable on either wing and is he exclusively regarded as being a winger? If not, where else would you say he could do a good job for us?

He can play either wing plus can play as the #10 and if needed as a striker. Although with you already having Berahino and spending big money on Lambert and Rondon (another great buy from you btw) I can't see him there. You don't play with a #10 either do you? So would imagine you would use Serge as a winger.

As I said in my last post really looking forward to him playing week in week out (hopefully!) for a good standard PL team. Can just imagine Serge crossing balls for Berahino/Rondon/Lambert to score from and even scoring himself.

Thanks for your post Gunners, I'm sure all Baggies fans are looking forward to seeing him in our team and performing well.

There is lots of speculation about our own "jewel in the crown" Saido Berahino with your arch rivals showing interest, is he a player Wenger would be interested in do you think? Many Albion fans including me want to keep him, but if he did leave I think he would suite Arsenals style of football, thoughts.

Berahino looks to be a good striker with massive potential was impressed with him on Monday night, that offiside goal was a brilliant finish but being honest if we sign a striker the fans and Wenger want a Giroud improvement if you don't already know Benzema has been heavily linked and he would be the calibre of striker we would want. Giroud may have his critics but he suits our play very well.

I would have taken Saido as rotation for Giroud but since we just paid 16m for Welbeck last year I can't see it happening. Hope you guys keep him over Spurs getting him.

Since I am here what was your thoughts on your last Arsenal loanee  Carlos Vela? He had massive potential for Arsenal but ultimately just wasn't suited to the PL. Doing great in Spain though.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2015, 12:50:22 PM »
good response, thanks for that.

Vela was quality, we really enjoyed having him here,
Cannot say the same about another one of yours Jay Simpson though

Hope Gnabry is in the class of Vela not Simpson :-)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2015, 08:28:13 PM »
I know he can play as an advanced midfielder anyone think he may replace Morrison in a five man midfield?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2015, 08:52:53 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing him play - really excited about what he may bring to the side.

I will break down and cry however if Craig Gardner starts above him on the wing though
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2015, 10:00:48 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing him play - really excited about what he may bring to the side.

I will break down and cry however if Craig Gardner starts above him on the wing though

I'll get the tissues ready then shall I? Can't see him being more than an impact sub under TP
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2015, 10:11:31 PM »
I'll get the tissues ready then shall I? Can't see him being more than an impact sub under TP

He could have been that at Arsenal, I'm sure TP told Wenger he would get first team football here or he would have gone elsewhere.
the regime don't like it man

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2015, 10:53:10 PM »
cheers for the welcome lads. Now onto your questions.

He can play either wing plus can play as the #10 and if needed as a striker. Although with you already having Berahino and spending big money on Lambert and Rondon (another great buy from you btw) I can't see him there. You don't play with a #10 either do you? So would imagine you would use Serge as a winger.

As I said in my last post really looking forward to him playing week in week out (hopefully!) for a good standard PL team. Can just imagine Serge crossing balls for Berahino/Rondon/Lambert to score from and even scoring himself.

Berahino looks to be a good striker with massive potential was impressed with him on Monday night, that offiside goal was a brilliant finish but being honest if we sign a striker the fans and Wenger want a Giroud improvement if you don't already know Benzema has been heavily linked and he would be the calibre of striker we would want. Giroud may have his critics but he suits our play very well.

I would have taken Saido as rotation for Giroud but since we just paid 16m for Welbeck last year I can't see it happening. Hope you guys keep him over Spurs getting him.

Since I am here what was your thoughts on your last Arsenal loanee  Carlos Vela? He had massive potential for Arsenal but ultimately just wasn't suited to the PL. Doing great in Spain though.
I thought Vela was class.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP