Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 843855 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #3975 on: June 24, 2019, 04:47:46 PM »
I dunno about not spouting bull. When questioned as to why he was insisting they play it out from the back even though the players weren't capable and this error of his was costing us numerous goals and points he said he wanted to continue on and it would be worth the pain! Nice one DM.

He was as one dimensional as Pulis and reeled out the same awful soundbites after every game. Only difference why DM got such a free ride is our fanbase like DM and couldn't care less for Pulis.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3976 on: June 26, 2019, 08:40:51 AM »
Lincoln City boss Danny Cowley and former West Brom manager Darren Moore are favourites to take charge of Derby County if Frank Lampard leaves for Chelsea.

Good luck Darren, he’s 7/1 to be the next Derby Country Manager

Source: https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-next-manager-odds-3017452
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3977 on: July 10, 2019, 06:11:57 PM »
New manager at Doncaster rovers. Good place for him to really start his management career. We were too.much too soon for him. Good luck

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3978 on: July 10, 2019, 06:20:28 PM »
I sincerely hope he does well - I will keep an eye on his progress.
COME ON DONNY!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3979 on: July 10, 2019, 06:23:18 PM »
Hope he does well,I'll look for their results with interest
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3980 on: July 10, 2019, 06:37:52 PM »
Good luck Darren, you deserve it
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3981 on: July 10, 2019, 06:50:10 PM »
Nice bloke but never be a football manager.

Anyone who takes off a centre forward for a centre half in a cup tie, and then uses all his subs before extra time has no business in football. Never seen anything as daft in all my years.
It's only because he played for Albion that people feel the need to make excuses or him.

It's due to the board appointing a pure novice that we  are where we are now. A bloody clown could see what was going to happen. Surprised he lasted until March, Barnes got him out of jail a few times particularly at hillsborough when he took the two strikers off again when we were 2-0 down.
I get so so angry when people keep mentioning him. He was like Don Howe, iconic player for us but a terrible manager. But Don Howe had got a footballing brain and knowledge of the game, his mistake was trying to turn a free flowing attacking side into a defensive one.

Darren Moore? Might as well have given the job to a Moth.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3982 on: July 10, 2019, 06:53:56 PM »
Seems a nice fit for him - really hope it all works out and will follow their results curiously.

HamsteadHarry

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3983 on: July 10, 2019, 06:54:23 PM »
Best of luck Darren

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3984 on: July 10, 2019, 07:19:36 PM »
Good Luck DM :D

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3985 on: July 10, 2019, 07:19:41 PM »
Hope he does well, but another club he played at - did that influence their decision when appointing him?

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3986 on: July 10, 2019, 07:28:19 PM »
To be a good manager you have to come over well to both the public and the players. You have to have personality. Ron Atkinson had it in abundance, though i didn't like the bloke. Clough had it, Shankly had it. It rubs off on the team, it's infectious.
When Darren gave interviews i found it very embarrassing on his behalf, you could see him struggling to put a sentence together and kept falling back on old cliches. This isn't the sort of man to motivate a team.
He had not touchline presence or passion either. We may as well have put a goldfish in a bowl on the touchline.

kanu

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3987 on: July 10, 2019, 07:29:54 PM »

Anyone who takes off a centre forward for a centre half in a cup tie, and then uses all his subs before extra time has no business in football. Never seen anything as daft in all my years.
It's only because he played for Albion that people feel the need to make excuses or him.

It's due to the board appointing a pure novice that we  are where we are now. A blood clown could see what was going to happen. Surprised he lasted until March, Barnes got him out of jail a few times particularly at hillsborough when he took the two strikers off again when we were 2-0 down.
I get so so angry when people keep mentioning him. He was like Don Howe, iconic

player for us but a terrible manager. But Don Howe had got a footballing brain and knowledge of the game, his mistake was trying to turn a free flowing attacking side into a defensive one.

Far too harsh, very rude and disrespectful in fact. Whatever his shortcomings he doesn’t deserve comments like that. He was a great player for us and when he became manager he restored pride and was about 3 or 4 points short of pulling off the greatest of great escapes. He may have been a bit out of his depth last year but he kept us in the play off positions and we witnessed attacking, exciting football. It’s the board who threw him in at the deep end as a cheap answer to our managerial dilemma and he did his best and left with his head held high.
Just out of interest, if you bumped into him out and about  would you say that to his face?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 08:22:38 PM by OldburyWBA »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3988 on: July 10, 2019, 07:30:18 PM »
To be a good manager you have to come over well to both the public and the players. You have to have personality. Ron Atkinson had it in abundance, though i didn't like the bloke. Clough had it, Shankly had it. It rubs off on the team, it's infectious.
When Darren gave interviews i found it very embarrassing on his behalf, you could see him struggling to put a sentence together and kept falling back on old cliches. This isn't the sort of man to motivate a team.
He had not touchline presence or passion either. We may as well have put a goldfish in a bowl on the touchline.

Yeah that downward spiral we were in just arrested itself the season before last.

Give over DW.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3989 on: July 10, 2019, 08:20:11 PM »
I wonder if we will see Donny playing it out from the back every single time?

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3990 on: July 10, 2019, 08:23:19 PM »
Great news, hope he tears it up. Will look for their results with interest.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3991 on: July 10, 2019, 08:44:55 PM »
Good luck Darren, the level and size club he should of started at in all honesty.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3992 on: July 10, 2019, 08:56:57 PM »
I’m pleased for Darren and the Albion fans who gave him their full backing regardless.

The very best of luck Darren Moore, Albion legend
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3993 on: July 10, 2019, 09:04:50 PM »
I really hope he does well - football is full of idiots and he is not one of them.

However, the realist in me thinks he will fail quickly. With us he had one of the best sides/budgets in the league and in my opinion, underachieved.
Having said that, perhaps without Graeme Jones behind the scenes maybe he will do better.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3994 on: July 10, 2019, 09:23:21 PM »
I really hope he does well - football is full of idiots and he is not one of them.

However, the realist in me thinks he will fail quickly. With us he had one of the best sides/budgets in the league and in my opinion, underachieved.
Having said that, perhaps without Graeme Jones behind the scenes maybe he will do better.

For me it was Graeme Jones who was the downfall for Darren Moore. I suppose he should have been stronger and stuck to his own principles.

I still think if Cyrille had still been alive , Darren Moore would have had him as his assistant.  that would have worked.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3995 on: July 10, 2019, 11:13:07 PM »
Good luck Darren really hope you are successful, fully deserved!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3996 on: July 10, 2019, 11:17:35 PM »
It was Darren's passing out from the back that cost us promotion.
Baggie in Southampton

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3997 on: July 10, 2019, 11:24:13 PM »

It's due to the board appointing a pure novice that we  are where we are now. A bloody clown could see what was going to happen. Surprised he lasted until March, Barnes got him out of jail a few times particularly at hillsborough when he took the two strikers off again when we were 2-0 down.
I get so so angry when people keep mentioning him. He was like Don Howe, iconic player for us but a terrible manager. But Don Howe had got a footballing brain and knowledge of the game, his mistake was trying to turn a free flowing attacking side into a defensive one.

He was a new manager, in the job for less than a year.

Good luck DM, I hope you do great.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 09:13:17 AM by OldburyWBA »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3998 on: July 10, 2019, 11:26:59 PM »
It was Darren's passing out from the back that cost us promotion.

Jones'..  correction.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3999 on: July 10, 2019, 11:33:43 PM »
Good luck Darren really hope you are successful, fully deserved!
He seems an alright bloke, but why is it “fully deserved”?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..