Author Topic: Anyone else just really fed up with WBA?  (Read 11271 times)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

Re: Anyone else just really fed up with WBA?
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2019, 10:54:57 PM »
Unless we get our act together next season is going to be a culture shock for all of our fans aged 25 and under.

This. To me (32) the bad days in the wilderness under Smith, Buckley are still crystal clear and I see us as Peace said, a mid table Championship club.

Under 25’s see us as a Premier League club.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2019, 11:09:02 PM »
To be honest,I wish my uncles, who took me up to my first match over 50 years ago had taken me to Man Utd or Liverpool, I can't bring myself to say the Villa, but they didn't and it was love at first sight and I live for the days few and far between where I'm going home with a massive smile on my face.
The way the club has been run in the last few years in farcical, I can only hope a miracle is around the corner, it can happen ask the dingles.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2019, 10:45:44 AM »
Unless we get our act together next season is going to be a culture shock for all of our fans aged 25 and under.

This really.  It also annoys me the flack that Pulis gets like this is somehow all his fault.  He took over from Irvine and we were heading straight down under him, it was an utter disaster of an appointment. 

Pulis was exactly what we needed at the time, and we didn't do that badly under him despite playing shockingly poor football.  We knew his limitations and we got rid at the right time.  There was plenty of time left during the season for the next appointment to get us back on track, we weren't in the bottom 3, we had some decent players, however we appointed Pardew.

We then got rid of Pardew too late.  We then hired Big Dave, we then got rid of him with no plan to succeed.

Pulis wasn't the problem, it was a stream of constant mismanagement by the board that has been the problem.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2019, 11:05:59 AM »
This really.  It also annoys me the flack that Pulis gets like this is somehow all his fault.  He took over from Irvine and we were heading straight down under him, it was an utter disaster of an appointment. 

Pulis was exactly what we needed at the time, and we didn't do that badly under him despite playing shockingly poor football.  We knew his limitations and we got rid at the right time.  There was plenty of time left during the season for the next appointment to get us back on track, we weren't in the bottom 3, we had some decent players, however we appointed Pardew.

We then got rid of Pardew too late.  We then hired Big Dave, we then got rid of him with no plan to succeed.

Pulis wasn't the problem, it was a stream of constant mismanagement by the board that has been the problem.

I disagree regarding Pulis.
We should have got rid of him at the end of the previous season when we got to 40 points and put the tools away.
Regarding the other incumbents you mentioned they should never have been appointed at all.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2019, 11:50:47 AM »
The only thing I'm really fed up with is this absolutely ridiculous, mind numbingly, tedious wait for a new head coach to be appointed. It's been beyond a joke for weeks and it's no good noises coming out of the club to the effect of "we're not bothered how long it takes" do they not understand us fans ARE bothered.

Every time we get a new favourite us fans come to terms with it only for things to change again days later and every time it does it's like getting another kick in the gut (unless the coach in question is someone you really don't want). People running the club need to lodge it in their brain, p*****g off the fans time after time is never a positive.

Get it sorted Albion for crying out loud.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2019, 11:53:30 AM »
You stated that “many were deriding him”, well usually the masses are correct or at the very least have some sort of reasoning for their standpoint.
He was not and won’t be a club legend, I think to call him so is almost cursory to super bob, Astle ,bomber and co
May also be worth pointing out that if the club had treated Moore (1 home win in 4 months) it would be strange to hear him on the tv wish8ng all at wba the very best ...he could just stay quiet
The board couldn’t win, he was out of his depth but had the swell of support after half a dozen end of season games, if they didn’t appoint him they were stupid, racist and short sighted, if they did it was the cheap option that was always going to end in tears .
It didn't prove to be the right decision though because it had no positive impact whatsoever.
1 home win in 4 months is a poor record for sure but you fail to mention the 6 away wins in the same period.
He may not have been as good a player as the 3 you mention but there is more to being a legend than that. In terms of his integrity, attitude and service to our club, then, to me, he most certainly is and always will be a legend. His reaction to being sacked, as mentioned in your post, is simply further evidence of this, IMO.
The board could have won, they just had to bring in a replacement capable of improving things on the pitch, they didn't and still haven't. He paid the price for their incompetence which continues now, 3 months down the line.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2019, 01:12:15 PM »
This. To me (32) the bad days in the wilderness under Smith, Buckley are still crystal clear and I see us as Peace said, a mid table Championship club.

Under 25’s see us as a Premier League club.

The reality is that, historically, we're somewhere between the two. A side that spends a few years in the top division, then a few years in the division below to regroup. Problem is with the money in the game these days, and the lack of other sources of income for the club, it's harder to maintain that.

I would agree that many of our younger fans are in for a culture shock; but I'm 34, and many my age need to remember that our spell in the old division 3 was the lowest point in our history, and that while we aren't entitled to better by right, we should be aspiring to more than Championship mid-table.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2019, 01:30:29 PM »
No why should I?
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2019, 02:41:46 PM »
I do fear that our circumstances seem to be mirroring Ipswiches recent past, with a owner who is not prepared to invest and his management team making continual poor decisions.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2019, 02:48:21 PM »
The reality is that, historically, we're somewhere between the two. A side that spends a few years in the top division, then a few years in the division below to regroup. Problem is with the money in the game these days, and the lack of other sources of income for the club, it's harder to maintain that.

I would agree that many of our younger fans are in for a culture shock; but I'm 34, and many my age need to remember that our spell in the old division 3 was the lowest point in our history, and that while we aren't entitled to better by right, we should be aspiring to more than Championship mid-table.

that certainly applies to recent history but I'm sure we've spent something like 90 seasons in the top flight.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

stever60

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2019, 03:01:27 PM »
that certainly applies to recent history but I'm sure we've spent something like 90 seasons in the top flight.
81 apparently in the all time list (Everton & Villa head the list, Wolves 64)
Don't call me Walt

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2019, 03:18:18 PM »
81 apparently in the all time list (Everton & Villa head the list, Wolves 64)

ah cheers for that, I think the 90 must have included the early days when there was only 1 division!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2019, 03:22:22 PM »
I do fear that our circumstances seem to be mirroring Ipswiches recent past, with a owner who is not prepared to invest and his management team making continual poor decisions.

I'm not sure who's making the decisions, but we seem to be unravelling at a rapid rate of knots at the moment.

It really can't be this hard to get a first team manager, all appointments carry some risk, but our management team seem to be after utopia.

I'm not fed up, but I have some real concerns about our future as things stand.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2019, 03:32:19 PM »
Not fed up with WBA but am very very fed up with the way the club is being run . Lai and Jenkins should go.

We've been here before in the 90s - small time attitude, penny pinching above everything, revolving door of managers and players with a lack of a long term strategy and hoping the next manager 'does something'. That kind of attitude sets in deep and will unfect the whole club........

I worry we'll have to get much worse for us to wake up though

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2019, 03:36:07 PM »
Not fed up with WBA but am very very fed up with the way the club is being run . Lai and Jenkins should go.

We've been here before in the 90s - small time attitude, penny pinching above everything, revolving door of managers and players with a lack of a long term strategy and hoping the next manager 'does something'. That kind of attitude sets in deep and will unfect the whole club........

I worry we'll have to get much worse for us to wake up though

Pretty much bang on the money there mate!

EastYorksAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2019, 04:04:47 PM »
Yes, I am fed up, and do sometimes wish I could switch off from the Albion, but I can’t. I have been a fan for about 47 years now and to be honest the good times are far outweighed by the bad. If I had supported my dads team, Everton, I would have had league titles, cups, European success to look back on, but fortunately or unfortunately his friend brain washed an impressionable toddler, and that was it. Roger Field of Bearwood circa 1970 ish, you have a lot to answer for!

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2019, 05:08:03 PM »
Yes, I am fed up, and do sometimes wish I could switch off from the Albion, but I can’t. I have been a fan for about 47 years now and to be honest the good times are far outweighed by the bad. If I had supported my dads team, Everton, I would have had league titles, cups, European success to look back on, but fortunately or unfortunately his friend brain washed an impressionable toddler, and that was it. Roger Field of Bearwood circa 1970 ish, you have a lot to answer for!
I blame Rhona Meakin. As an impressionable youngster, I couldn’t resist my classmates beauty, so adopted her team in order to get into her good books. She later became a vile fan, so things could’ve ended worse for me. As for the Club at the moment, nothing I can do but hope things improve. I won’t be investing too much emotion on them though.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2019, 06:11:07 PM »
I blame Rhona Meakin. As an impressionable youngster, I couldn’t resist my classmates beauty, so adopted her team in order to get into her good books. She later became a vile fan, so things could’ve ended worse for me. As for the Club at the moment, nothing I can do but hope things improve. I won’t be investing too much emotion on them though.

Yes, you may have been involved in a costly divorce  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2019, 04:33:00 PM »
Not fed up, just frustrated, as I have been for over 60 years (as a Baggies supporter). They never cease to surprise and disappoint in equal measures. Character building ;D

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2019, 09:55:20 PM »
can probably close this thread now  ;D

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2019, 11:05:32 PM »
Give it time. I’m sure someone will find use of it soon enough.  :D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2019, 11:30:39 PM »

Let's just get through this window  :D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2019, 11:37:34 PM »
It would be interesting to read what is being posted on here in 12 months time! Is it really possible for us Baggies fans to be happy........?

I guess if I’m still here in 12 months time that will be something for me to smile about!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2019, 10:02:24 AM »
Strangely, I don’t feel anywhere near as fed up as I did at the moment and hoping it continues for a long while  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2019, 10:33:26 AM »
Massive uplift for me but then, I've never made a secret of the fact that I'm fickle as feck!