Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 850765 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #500 on: May 20, 2018, 10:13:43 AM »
Apologies if this has already been mentioned but what do we think the make up of the backroom staff should be? An experienced no.2 at championship level a must?

Nothing mentioned as yet. There are two vacancies and I suspect Jimmy Shan would be in line for a promotion which leaves a gap. Not sure that Championship experience is a prerequisite it isn't some alien form of football that is beyond understanding unless you've worked in it for a decade. Whoever it is does need to be a long term assistant a good coach but someone who isn't going to have aspirations to be a Head Coach not sure who I would suggest.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #501 on: May 20, 2018, 11:40:08 AM »
Why change a winning formula. James Shan as number 2 seems the logical appointment. Big Dave has earned his shot, now it's up to him to keep on delivering. One thing is for sure, he has proven already that he has what it takes to manage at the highest level. Experience can be very overrrated in the football world. Sometimes a new approach or a fresh face can bring fantastic results. Just look at Eddie Howe at Bournemouth.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #502 on: May 20, 2018, 12:03:08 PM »
Why change a winning formula. James Shan as number 2 seems the logical appointment. Big Dave has earned his shot, now it's up to him to keep on delivering. One thing is for sure, he has proven already that he has what it takes to manage at the highest level. Experience can be very overrrated in the football world. Sometimes a new approach or a fresh face can bring fantastic results. Just look at Eddie Howe at Bournemouth.

I think Jimmy Shan has as much earned a promotion to the 1st team as Darren. However there is no denying the fact that they are a very inexperienced coaching team there will be another appointment and I would expect it to be an experienced assistant however it is more important that whoever it is compliments what Jimmy and Darren bring to their roles and fits with the coaching culture we are trying to develop.   

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #503 on: May 20, 2018, 12:10:20 PM »
Do we have a pre-season tour sorted out yet?
Do we have a fitness coach?
What is left of the scouting department?
What’s going on with the DOF?
Does Darren Moore have any idea who he wants in & out?
Who runs the academy now Moore & staff are dealing with first team?

Watching his interview on the club site dispiriting for him to be referring to the wonderful and big clubs in the championship! Enough of that Pulis mentality of talking up the opposition, this is division 2 of English football. Lots of references to unity and hard work, no mention of the word quality or ability and no discussion upon transfers.

We’re turning into an episode of dream team and Harchester F.C.

Exceptionally rare for a manager job to go to someone at our level with zero experience of the basics. Fingers crossed.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #504 on: May 20, 2018, 12:16:12 PM »
Do we have a pre-season tour sorted out yet?
Do we have a fitness coach?
What is left of the scouting department?
What’s going on with the DOF?
Does Darren Moore have any idea who he wants in & out?
Who runs the academy now Moore & staff are dealing with first team?

Watching his interview on the club site dispiriting for him to be referring to the wonderful and big clubs in the championship! Enough of that Pulis mentality of talking up the opposition, this is division 2 of English football. Lots of references to unity and hard work, no mention of the word quality or ability and no discussion upon transfers.

We’re turning into an episode of dream team and Harchester F.C.

Exceptionally rare for a manager job to go to someone at our level with zero experience of the basics. Fingers crossed.

That's an awful lot of questions for someone to answer who's only confirmed in a job less than 40hours ago
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Uncle Peter

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #505 on: May 20, 2018, 12:40:52 PM »
That's an awful lot of questions for someone to answer who's only confirmed in a job less than 40hours ago

True, but they're questions that desperately need answering.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #506 on: May 20, 2018, 12:49:45 PM »
Never been cold to the appointment of Moore but I did favour Smith. Over the last few days I’ve really warmed to the idea of Big Dave and I am desperate for him to be successful with us.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #507 on: May 20, 2018, 01:04:51 PM »
I think somewhere in the initial interview that seems to have triggered Baggies 38 panic attack Darren said "It is going to be a busy summer" Might be busy over the next few weeks tackling some of the issues raised.

However just filling in a few of the gaps for him.

The people running the academy are still running the academy Darren was with the 1st team squad anyway and James Shan was running the U23's and might yet return to that role but he is only one person from an Academy staff of over a dozen.

Fitness coach Matt Bickley worked his way through from the academy appointed October last year.

Scouting department is still largely intact Ford and Thorn have gone but there is at least 3 full time Recruitment personnel in post. In any event what exactly are scouts scouting right now? Any scouting work has either been done or it hasn't been and there is nothing much to scout until August. Scandinavia excepted.

Darren might have a fairly good idea of players he might like to keep or indeed move on yet he is hardly going to announce that in his first club interview. We might think that West Ham emailing James Collins after 11 years with the club is a bit naff but Darren saying "Sorry Mozza your time is up" during his welcome interview is a whole different level of naffness.

Transfers are going to be a matter for him and Terraneo which I think Darren might have mentioned in the interview.

Director of Football will be appointed between now and September in the meantime Terraneo is helping the club with it's recruitment etc...

Pre season. I honestly think we will gather the lads together the week before the season starts for a few five a sides and away we go.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #508 on: May 20, 2018, 02:38:25 PM »
Really want Big Dave to do well Shows The Board Beleive in him Maybe now he can employ his own Tactics
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #509 on: May 20, 2018, 04:55:51 PM »
Im excited to see who Darren brings in. There are some players that I would like to see coming in but its not up to me is it.
Also like to see if he can keep Rondon and Dawson.
Im sure we won t have to wait long for some ins/outs either way.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #510 on: May 20, 2018, 06:44:30 PM »
This is where Darren needs to stamp his authority early. A ruthless approach to players who haven’t been commited enough and also players that aren’t good enough should be told they are no longer part of the plans. Nyom, McLean, Robson Kanu, Morrison, Barry etc.

Hopefully we can get a few out the door early in the window for a change.
I agree generally, but I think McClean and Nyom can do a good job in the championship.  Nobody has ever run through Nyom, even if the top prem players went round him.

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #511 on: May 20, 2018, 10:25:53 PM »
Press conference at 10am. Guess we will get more answers then.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #512 on: May 20, 2018, 10:29:59 PM »
I'd guess it'll just confirm Shan and Cutler as permanent. Possibly the release list will be announced with Darren thanking those leaving. Would be a very classy way to do it.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #513 on: May 20, 2018, 11:30:28 PM »
Maybe Alan Irvine as his assistant

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #514 on: May 21, 2018, 11:45:04 AM »
James shan and Neil cutler staying.

A new assistant head coach coming in.

No player to be bought in without moore agreeing.

We have a "strong budget"

We don't have to sell to balance the books

--

On the style of play..
The league has many different hurdles, they'll see a team that will play football when it's needed, but also a team that's willing to fight and scrap for every ball. We've got to create a team that when those challenges come, we're well prepared."

Very positive statements today imo

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #515 on: May 21, 2018, 11:57:14 AM »

--

On the style of play..
The league has many different hurdles, they'll see a team that will play football when it's needed, but also a team that's willing to fight and scrap for every ball. We've got to create a team that when those challenges come, we're well prepared."

Sounds good! I'm fairly optimistic about next season. Think we may surprise a few people.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #516 on: May 21, 2018, 12:12:12 PM »

--

On the style of play..

That's what I got out of it too. I'm very optimistic for the coming season.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Cantello

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #517 on: May 21, 2018, 12:15:55 PM »
Let's give Big Dave time and patience. For the first time in my memory, there's a true Albion man in charge.  That's got to be worth celebrating!  Hope the Hawthorns is rocking again next season; we have to play our part too.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #518 on: May 21, 2018, 12:22:51 PM »
Let's give Big Dave time and patience. For the first time in my memory, there's a true Albion man in charge.  That's got to be worth celebrating!  Hope the Hawthorns is rocking again next season; we have to play our part too.

I think that's key. I would hope that he has got some time in the bank from all fans and we remember what he has been a part of when things get tough and results don't go as expected.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #519 on: May 21, 2018, 01:36:45 PM »
Will have full support from me, more than I would give most managers certainly given his status in my eyes, as all managers get from me when they first start until it becomes obvious that they are not right for the job.

Time to get behind the boys and hope for an extremely successful season with some exciting signings.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #520 on: May 21, 2018, 02:10:57 PM »
Happy with what has come out of the press conference today. I didn't want Moore to get the job, but I would love it if he turns out to be a revelation.

Surprised we haven't had the retained list yet, expect we'll see it in the next couple of days. With our supposed 'strong budget', hopefully we won't be feeling the need to hang on to players who we really should be letting go. I'd be disappointed if Moore retains Myhill, Morrison and McAuley out of loyalty, we really need to be moving on.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #521 on: May 21, 2018, 03:28:23 PM »
Happy with what has come out of the press conference today. I didn't want Moore to get the job, but I would love it if he turns out to be a revelation.

Surprised we haven't had the retained list yet, expect we'll see it in the next couple of days. With our supposed 'strong budget', hopefully we won't be feeling the need to hang on to players who we really should be letting go. I'd be disappointed if Moore retains Myhill, Morrison and McAuley out of loyalty, we really need to be moving on.

Re: a retained list. Think DM said that he would be speaking to the players this week, so I would expect something to come out next week

He/him

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #522 on: May 21, 2018, 05:29:17 PM »
With regard to the player situation, I am far more comfortable with the reasoned, measured and calculated approach that Darren and the club are employing in this area, more so than the "shoot from the hip" approach and get rid ASAP approach as it's "more professional".

We live in a society where most things are disposable, including relationships, and instant success is a demanded more than something to be earned.

I am very optimistic about the new era the club, Head Coach et al, players and us fans are embarking on, my half full glass is overflowing 
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #523 on: May 21, 2018, 05:31:37 PM »
Was disappointed to see a bit of the negative feedback about Moore getting the job. He's earned it on merit, yes albeit as a Caretaker and the pressure off but we haven't had any momentum in some time now so thought it would be foolish not to be opportunistic and instead appoint someone with so called experience (and look whats thats give us this past 18 months).

Everything is in Big Dave's favour; the players, the coaches, the staff, the board, football people in general really....and hopefully all our supporters! He's been promoted 4 times and knows how it's done and rightly managing everyones expectations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoBu2ZLLhU

Come on Big Dave and COYB!

Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #524 on: May 21, 2018, 05:55:05 PM »
Just seen the interview. I have never wanted a manager to succeed as much as I do Darren Moore. We have to wait and see about style and how he does but in terms of a person representing our club I have not been as proud in a long time. After the Pulis era and Pardew debacle (taxi gate etc) to have DM in charge Represents a new day.
If people think of the Albion and see Darren Moore then I am proud of that.
What an amazing ambassador.

Hoping he can be successful.