Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 259050 times)

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #875 on: January 06, 2021, 01:05:27 PM »
There's a Q&A on the official website with Leigh Griffith's about his spell at Cheltenham. Nothing groundbreaking but worth a read of you have a the time
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #876 on: January 09, 2021, 12:01:55 PM »
Zohore in Millwall starting line up , can’t see him coming back then !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #877 on: January 09, 2021, 12:38:17 PM »
.....And has scored !

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #878 on: January 09, 2021, 01:18:15 PM »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #879 on: January 09, 2021, 06:55:40 PM »
Harper's failure to even get on the pitch for an FA cup game where 16 other players did highlights something i've been screaming for iver the last few years - Rakeem Harper needs a ****** loan move! Following him should be Kyle Edwards and maybe Cedric Kipre.

People like Big Sam couldn't care less about WBA's long term plans but a director of football like Luke Dowling is meant to make those calls. Instead, Harper continues to waste away as an occasional sub, learning nothing.

So infuriating.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 06:56:13 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
Boing Boing

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #880 on: January 11, 2021, 09:56:05 AM »
Harper's failure to even get on the pitch for an FA cup game where 16 other players did highlights something i've been screaming for iver the last few years - Rakeem Harper needs a ****** loan move! Following him should be Kyle Edwards and maybe Cedric Kipre.

People like Big Sam couldn't care less about WBA's long term plans but a director of football like Luke Dowling is meant to make those calls. Instead, Harper continues to waste away as an occasional sub, learning nothing.

So infuriating.

Harper was held back from going on loan by Bilic last season. He liked him and thinks he's got real potential. However, he also thinks he's generally a bit lazy and has a tendency to switch off. He wanted him where he could keep his eyes on him. 100% ITK. Beyond numbers I've no idea why he wasn't loaned out this season, unless the same rationale applied of course.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #881 on: January 11, 2021, 10:02:18 AM »

So infuriating.

Have we got any with this circus currently in charge?

I take your point though, we have players that need to go out on loan. Sam does not need to worry about the long term plans of WBA for obvious reasons. I do however wonder if Luke Dowlings hands are somewhat tied in respect of making any plans at all other that avoid relegation.
MAGA!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #882 on: January 11, 2021, 10:18:29 AM »
Have we got any with this circus currently in charge?

I take your point though, we have players that need to go out on loan. Sam does not need to worry about the long term plans of WBA for obvious reasons. I do however wonder if Luke Dowlings hands are somewhat tied in respect of making any plans at all other that avoid relegation.

I'd agree Dowling is probably pre occupied right now given the recent managerial change and the window, but he should / Could have been planning for players like Harper and Edwards months ago. 

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #883 on: January 11, 2021, 11:22:03 AM »
Harper was held back from going on loan by Bilic last season. He liked him and thinks he's got real potential. However, he also thinks he's generally a bit lazy and has a tendency to switch off. He wanted him where he could keep his eyes on him. 100% ITK. Beyond numbers I've no idea why he wasn't loaned out this season, unless the same rationale applied of course.

I get him being held back for one season, but you can go back 2 1/2 years and i was saying the same thing then. His only meaningful spell of football here came between feb/march to may in 2019, with it clesr by the end of that season that he had fell out of favour again.

By all means Bilic should be allowed to keep him for the Aug-Dec 2019 section of the season, but what's the excuse in Jan 2020 or Aug 2020, or quite frankly now.

I understand that loan moves don't give the ideal opportunity to everyone, but he desperately needs some meaningful football and we aren't providing it for him or Edwards, just like we didn't in the past for Leko, Roofe, Thorne, Wood (to a degree) and others who have gone on to play prem or championship football after leaving us.

I look at clubs like Brentford, like Leicester, like Southampton and Norwich and I see clubs who have clear strategies in both player recruitment, managerial hires and academy pathways. These clubs are all rising  and the best 4 run clubs (lb for lb) in the country. We so far are 0 for 3 when comparing our own strategies. We need to fix it else we will just slip back to being a mid table championship team.
Boing Boing

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #884 on: January 19, 2021, 07:55:15 PM »
Griffiths has been beat by the opposition keeper tonight in one of those horrible goal kicks you see from time to time.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #885 on: January 19, 2021, 09:44:59 PM »
Griffiths has been beat by the opposition keeper tonight in one of those horrible goal kicks you see from time to time.

Bad bounce but he has been caught in no mans land.
Boing Boing

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #886 on: January 20, 2021, 10:28:45 AM »
  "Elsewhere in the EFL on Tuesday, Newport County goalkeeper Tom King scored the first goal of his career as the Welsh side drew 1-1 at Cheltenham Town in League Two.

The 25-year-old's goal-kick was picked up in the wind before Robins goalkeeper Josh Griffiths was caught out by the bounce as the ball sailed into the net. The last keeper to score in the EFL was Barry Roche for Morecambe against Portsmouth in February 2016.

"It's the first goal I've scored at professional level, I'd like to say I saw him off his line but no," King told Radio 5 Live Sport.

"It's taken a lot of people by surprise, I didn't even know how to celebrate really, and I apologised to the other goalkeeper after the game. It almost happened to me last season against Morecambe, it's not nice to be on the other end of it."  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/55726023
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #887 on: January 21, 2021, 10:59:18 PM »
Tom King’s goal has now been confirmed as a world record, so a double whammy for Griffiths.

Also notable that Nick Clayton-Phillips loan spell at Solihull Moors has ended due to his injuries and Jamie Soule had returned to Albion following.....you guessed it.... being out injured.

This season has been a bit of a write off up to this point both for the first team and our loanees. Fingers crossed the second half of the season can improve.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 05:51:16 PM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #888 on: January 22, 2021, 08:43:52 AM »
It’s a shame that we’ve got a load of our academy products out on loan and they’re all coming back injured  :(
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #889 on: January 22, 2021, 08:58:57 AM »
There have been question marks raised over the fitness of the first team squad. Our loan players seem to have been hit by a fairly high rate of muscular injuries. With that in mind I'd be genuinely interested to find out what training regime and fitness protocols are in place at the academy in terms of base fitness and weight training regimens etc. Foundations are important.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #890 on: January 23, 2021, 04:04:00 PM »
For those interested, Josh Griffiths and Finn Azaz will br on BBC at 5:30 for Cheltenham v Man City in the FA Cup.
Boing Boing

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #891 on: January 23, 2021, 05:50:55 PM »
Doing ok at the moment. Great save by griffiths  Think Cheltenham have been more in Man City half in 15 minutes than we were in 90 minutes

AbbeymeadBaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #892 on: January 23, 2021, 05:58:27 PM »
Finn Azaz creating loads and another save by Griffiths - sign 'em up

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #893 on: January 23, 2021, 06:01:11 PM »
Finn Azaz creating loads and another save by Griffiths - sign 'em up

I've seen Azaz a couple of times in the stiffs, looked a decent player. May be he could be a squad member next season if in the Championship?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #894 on: January 23, 2021, 06:29:33 PM »
I've seen Azaz a couple of times in the stiffs, looked a decent player. May be he could be a squad member next season if in the Championship?
He is playing against a top team and doesn't look out of place. Get him back and in the squad we have got nothing to lose.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #895 on: January 23, 2021, 06:58:52 PM »
Griffiths and Azaz giving a good account of themselves.
O Albion we love you

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #896 on: January 23, 2021, 07:00:49 PM »
Griffiths and Azaz giving a good account of themselves.

I'd like to see both of them in our squad next season. Callum Morton as well.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #897 on: January 23, 2021, 07:01:25 PM »
Let me guess Azaz will be out of contract in 5 months

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #898 on: January 23, 2021, 07:01:47 PM »
Azzaz looks to have plenty of football ability but perhaps lacking in the athletic/physical department , opposite of the keeper who I hope doesn’t grow any taller !

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #899 on: January 23, 2021, 07:05:33 PM »
Let me guess Azaz will be out of contract in 5 months

Yep.