Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 259202 times)

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #600 on: August 04, 2018, 01:55:18 AM »
I'd get both Harper and Leko out for the season asap, preferably to Walsall as they have a tiny squad and they are allowed 4 players from the same club.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #601 on: August 06, 2018, 06:43:02 PM »
Rondon can now be added to this topic
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #602 on: August 06, 2018, 08:58:44 PM »

doesn't sound like he's coming back

The Baggies fans will forever be in my heart. They made me feel at home from day one & I'll be eternally grateful for how they supported my family and I. Playing at the Hawthorns and giving my all for @WBA has been one of the best experiences of my life. I wish you all the best.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #603 on: August 06, 2018, 09:03:35 PM »
doesn't sound like he's coming back

The Baggies fans will forever be in my heart. They made me feel at home from day one & I'll be eternally grateful for how they supported my family and I. Playing at the Hawthorns and giving my all for @WBA has been one of the best experiences of my life. I wish you all the best.
His contract ends at the end of the season and it's looks unlikely he'd renew.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #604 on: August 06, 2018, 09:06:35 PM »

We will trigger a one year option during the course of the season and get a fee next summer. I don't envisage him playing for us again. A terrible shame and the biggest disappointment of relegation.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #605 on: August 06, 2018, 09:06:47 PM »
He does not have the call, Albion have a one-year option. If he does well there and they want him, they will have to pay for him
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #606 on: August 06, 2018, 09:45:43 PM »

We will trigger a one year option during the course of the season and get a fee next summer. I don't envisage him playing for us again. A terrible shame and the biggest disappointment of relegation.

Hate to disagree. I'm delighted that the none-goalscoring striker can no longer not score goals us. If he'd done his job last season we'd still be in the PL.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #607 on: August 06, 2018, 09:51:19 PM »
Hate to disagree. I'm delighted that the none-goalscoring striker can no longer not score goals us. If he'd done his job last season we'd still be in the PL.

Maybe if we'd created a bit more he might have done a bit better. Hat-trick against Swansea all headers, two from Brunt crosses, so what do we do ? stick Brunt in the middle, fantastic eh !!

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #608 on: August 06, 2018, 10:31:09 PM »
Maybe if we'd created a bit more he might have done a bit better. Hat-trick against Swansea all headers, two from Brunt crosses, so what do we do ? stick Brunt in the middle, fantastic eh !!

I'm yet to find a single Albion fan who thinks Brunt should be playing central midfield. Consensus on that of 25,000.00 to 3, the later being the manager and his coaching staff. You'd think after the shambles at the weekend the penny might drop soon but I'm not holding my breath.

Rondon missed a lot of chances last season though at key times in big games. That Swansea hat-trick game goes all the way back to 2016/17 (actually managed to miss three one-on-ones and yet score three headers). Swansea last season Rondon should have scored home and away and failed both times. Ditto when we played Stoke, Palace, Everton and a few other six pointers.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #609 on: August 06, 2018, 10:40:25 PM »
I'm yet to find a single Albion fan who thinks Brunt should be playing central midfield. Consensus on that of 25,000.00 to 3, the later being the manager and his coaching staff. You'd think after the shambles at the weekend the penny might drop soon but I'm not holding my breath.

Rondon missed a lot of chances last season though at key times in big games. That Swansea hat-trick game goes all the way back to 2016/17 (actually managed to miss three one-on-ones and yet score three headers). Swansea last season Rondon should have scored home and away and failed both times. Ditto when we played Stoke, Palace, Everton and a few other six pointers.

I think problem we have with all strikers is the lack of chances we create makes it more obvious when they get missed. I agree he should have put easier chances away but after the hat-trick and with Brunt having a cracking cross we should have put more crosses over instead of moving the best crosser in the middle, baffling.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #610 on: August 07, 2018, 08:13:32 AM »

In that particular game though Brunt's crosses were from quite deep and from positions he would have easily occupied as a cdm.

I don't think he's as bad in the centre as is being made out. He needs someone in front of him to link with the attack though. Against Barnsley and Coventry he had Morrison coming a little deeper to get the pass off him and then link with HRK and Barnes (against Coventry). That's what was missing on Saturday.

Anyway back to Rondon, I wish him well at Newcastle but I'd be amazed if he turns out to be any better than he has been here.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 08:16:49 AM by Hull Baggie »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #611 on: August 07, 2018, 10:14:12 AM »
In that particular game though Brunt's crosses were from quite deep and from positions he would have easily occupied as a cdm.

I don't think he's as bad in the centre as is being made out. He needs someone in front of him to link with the attack though. Against Barnsley and Coventry he had Morrison coming a little deeper to get the pass off him and then link with HRK and Barnes (against Coventry). That's what was missing on Saturday.

Anyway back to Rondon, I wish him well at Newcastle but I'd be amazed if he turns out to be any better than he has been here.

Nope he was at left back where his best games have come in recent seasons, when he's in the middle he stays in the middle and hits plenty of long hit and hope balls which if you hit them enough one will eventually come off as it did against Coventry. He will never be a central midfielder, we are carrying a player in a position that does not suit when we have naturals in that position sitting watching him.

Rondon will score goals if he gets the service as he did before he joined us.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #612 on: August 08, 2018, 12:49:23 AM »
Dara O'Shea has joined Exeter on a 6 month loan deal

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #613 on: August 09, 2018, 09:28:10 PM »
Kyle Jameson has joined Barrow on a 6 month loan

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #614 on: August 09, 2018, 09:34:42 PM »
2 good loan moves for our centre halves. Glad we have a few on our books now who might kick on. Strikers can get pinched early, but defenders, who can take longer to develop, are often tied down to pro deals before clubs notice them.

Could be a good position for us to focus on.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #615 on: September 01, 2018, 12:45:45 PM »
Dara o'Shea made his debut for Exeter mid week vs Fulham in a 2 0 cup loss. Might take him a while to break into their first team.

Kyle Jameson struggling to get into national league side Barrow's starting line up as well. I think he played 1 or 2 games but then lost his place.

Rondon obviously got his first goal for Newcastle mid week.

Fitzwater not looking as good as last year for Walsall just yet according to their fans, while Wislon is still waiting for his chsnce to get into Walsall's team. He did however get some game time in the week and did well going forward but may have been a bit more suspect in defence.

Max Melbourne seems to be doing well at Partick. Has a goal to his name already.

No news yet on Zhang.
Boing Boing

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #616 on: September 01, 2018, 05:30:48 PM »
Rondon starts against City...

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #617 on: September 01, 2018, 05:36:43 PM »
Fitzwater must of improved Walsall, they are unbeaten.

Are rondon, fitzwater, Wilson, Melbourne, zhang, jameson & oshea the only players out on loan? Or have I missed some ?

Not as many as normal, shows how many are around the side

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #618 on: September 01, 2018, 06:03:03 PM »
Rondon with an assist 1-1
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #619 on: September 04, 2018, 07:16:06 PM »
No news yet on Zhang.

Scored for China U-23's team against Timor-Leste U23's on 14/08
Scored for China U-23's team against Syria U-23's  on 16/08

Doesn't appear to have appeared for ADO Den Haag yet but since he's been at the U23's Asian games until last week he wouldn't have been eligible.

Will have to keep an eye on whether they bother playing him after the international break against PSV or Vitesse.

The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #620 on: September 04, 2018, 10:09:14 PM »
Wilson has played for Walsall tonight in the EFL Trophy (the old shell that was the Johnstone paint). From what I can gather from Walsall fans on their forum, he was one of their best players in the win vs Burton.
Boing Boing

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #621 on: September 24, 2018, 04:40:51 PM »
Just had a little look to see how young ones are getting on..

Fitzwatrr starting every game. Wilson struggling to break into Walsall side but does get used from the bench..

O'Shea unused sub at exeter for past few weeks..they are second though in league 2.. games

Jameson has only made 4 appearances for barrow and are only mid table in the conference.

Melbourne has 5 appearances and 1 goal in Scotland

Looks like fitzwater is having the best loan again.
Maybe if we stay down he will be around the side and if we go up maybe get a loan to a champ side or get a chance

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #622 on: October 12, 2018, 09:41:26 PM »
Alex Bradley has joined Havant & Waterlooville on 3 month loan

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/october/bradley-secures-loan-switch/

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #623 on: October 26, 2018, 05:02:46 PM »
Brad House has joined Chippenham

Adam Pzrybek joins Gloucester.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #624 on: November 14, 2018, 01:53:44 PM »
To add to the small army of goalkeepers on loan, Alex Palmer has joined Oldham, leaving only Jasko Keranovic in the u’21s