Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844291 times)

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #800 on: August 05, 2018, 01:41:05 PM »
I love Big Dave, but yesterday he got it horribly wrong. The game was crying out for pace and creativity and he failed to act. The moment Burke came on he was running through their defence. Mozza should have been on too. 24 hours later and I'm still bemused as to why he only made one sub on such a hot day.

His press conference wasn't convincing either. It's fine praising the other team, saying how their game plan worked etc. Yes, we all saw that it worked. Their plain was to pack the defence and midfield to stop us getting through. We simply weren't drilled enough, and we didn't have a plan B. We want to know how you plan to change it for Forest on Tuesday...

This isn't entirely DM's fault, but pre-season seemed to be a "let's just see how things go" rather than steam rolling a plan into operation. I appreciate he can only build a wall with the bricks he has to hand, but surely it was obvious that players were going to be leaving, so why release McAuley and Yacob with no replacements lined up?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #801 on: August 05, 2018, 01:45:29 PM »
I love Big Dave, but yesterday he got it horribly wrong. The game was crying out for pace and creativity and he failed to act. The moment Burke came on he was running through their defence. Mozza should have been on too. 24 hours later and I'm still bemused as to why he only made one sub on such a hot day.

His press conference wasn't convincing either. It's fine praising the other team, saying how their game plan worked etc. Yes, we all saw that it worked. Their plain was to pack the defence and midfield to stop us getting through. We simply weren't drilled enough, and we didn't have a plan B. We want to know how you plan to change it for Forest on Tuesday...

This isn't entirely DM's fault, but pre-season seemed to be a "let's just see how things go" rather than steam rolling a plan into operation. I appreciate he can only build a wall with the bricks he has to hand, but surely it was obvious that players were going to be leaving, so why release McAuley and Yacob with no replacements lined up?

Yes. Much as Albion fans love Darren that sort of stuff will pretty soon grate on fans.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #802 on: August 05, 2018, 01:55:06 PM »
Darren Moore has to take his fair share of blame there. There's no point saying their system worked, we didn't try a plan B at all.

On a warm day, when we had plenty of possession but not creating chances, I don't see why he only made 1 change.  And with a game on Tuesday as well.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #803 on: August 05, 2018, 02:13:45 PM »
We need Dawson in the team...........

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #804 on: August 05, 2018, 02:34:51 PM »

You must have been watching a different Oliver Burke to me, all I saw was a player running down blind alleys.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #805 on: August 05, 2018, 02:43:13 PM »
You must have been watching a different Oliver Burke to me, all I saw was a player running down blind alleys.

To be fair there was no other alley to run into as there was very little movement ahead of / inside him. It's asking a lot of any player to expect them to beat and keep beating 2/3/4 players. Only other options he had on the ball were retain possession or hopefully cross into a crowded penalty area.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #806 on: August 05, 2018, 03:42:17 PM »

[/quote]

At least he ran down an alley. Unlike Robson Kanu who was woeful again. Darren has to learn fast. Yesterday was as bad as anything in the last 2 years

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #807 on: August 05, 2018, 06:05:59 PM »
We have to be patient with Moore/jones
It's his first full season, we have to give him that. We are going Through a massive change at the moment. We've lost one game. Still 40+. We have to see what happens this window then appoint scouts and sporting director before the January window and back him in that to. Obviously they want to change the style, he's got Barnes at the moment attacking wise. Let's see what happens when he gets others. Next summer will realistically be time to release the likes of myhill, brunt Morrison and Barry . The likes of fitzwater, Edwards and field could be very good players by then.
See what happens end of the season. If top 8 and fail to go up then he's earnt another season to get a full team of his. Below 8 then we both depart aye ?

No point in being trigger happy, I thought we was all sick of that ? It takes teams many years coming back except for Burnley and and Newcastle In the last decade or so ?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 06:09:23 PM by Foster#1 »

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #808 on: August 05, 2018, 06:27:20 PM »
We have to be patient with Moore/jones
It's his first full season, we have to give him that. We are going Through a massive change at the moment. We've lost one game. Still 40+. We have to see what happens this window then appoint scouts and sporting director before the January window and back him in that to. Obviously they want to change the style, he's got Barnes at the moment attacking wise. Let's see what happens when he gets others. Next summer will realistically be time to release the likes of myhill, brunt Morrison and Barry . The likes of fitzwater, Edwards and field could be very good players by then.
See what happens end of the season. If top 8 and fail to go up then he's earnt another season to get a full team of his. Below 8 then we both depart aye ?

No point in being trigger happy, I thought we was all sick of that ? It takes teams many years coming back except for Burnley and and Newcastle In the last decade or so ?
Agree with the general sentiment but I don't want to see the same lack of movement, linking up and pace in the team...we don't have to wait a year to improve that. Also on a technicality, we can't release Morrison at the end of this year as he has another year in his favour.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #809 on: August 05, 2018, 06:33:24 PM »
Top 8 with our budget and resources is nowhere near good enough. Top 6 is the bare minimum. Not about Big Dave, either he gets it right or gets the sack, no room for sentiment. Need to make the most of our parachute money season, either we go up this year or next or we become a small second tier club again for a decade. No excuses for yesterday’s shambles. The fans can see Brunt / Livermore doesn’t work and we’re not the paid professionals. Had all summer to get the basics right and schoolboy stuff going on yesterday. Expecting a much better account and result on Tuesday.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #810 on: August 05, 2018, 06:52:44 PM »
I think we'll lose on Tuesday.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #811 on: August 05, 2018, 06:58:32 PM »
Top 8 with our budget and resources is nowhere near good enough. Top 6 is the bare minimum. Not about Big Dave, either he gets it right or gets the sack, no room for sentiment. Need to make the most of our parachute money season, either we go up this year or next or we become a small second tier club again for a decade. No excuses for yesterday’s shambles. The fans can see Brunt / Livermore doesn’t work and we’re not the paid professionals. Had all summer to get the basics right and schoolboy stuff going on yesterday. Expecting a much better account and result on Tuesday.

What budget is that ? Signing a keeper and center back for cash ? 2 players.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #812 on: August 05, 2018, 07:06:15 PM »
What budget is that ? Signing a keeper and center back for cash ? 2 players.

We have a fairly strong squad with a lot of options. Gayle in, Dawson back, more singings to come as well. Our wage bill and squad strength is compabale or superior to any other team in the league. Top 6 is bare minimum.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #813 on: August 05, 2018, 07:08:51 PM »
We have a fairly strong squad with a lot of options. Gayle in, Dawson back, more singings to come as well. Our wage bill and squad strength is compabale or superior to any other team in the league. Top 6 is bare minimum.
Trouble is can Darren Moore get a tune out of them? On yesterdays performance I worry

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #814 on: August 05, 2018, 08:14:23 PM »
Trouble is can Darren Moore get a tune out of them? On yesterdays performance I worry
.     After one game! Come on pal give him a chance..What about his record at the end of last season (Don't forget in the premier ). Unbeaten in pre season . One defeat in our 1st game.and you're ready to sack him UNBELIEVABLE !!!

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #815 on: August 05, 2018, 08:36:13 PM »
.     After one game! Come on pal give him a chance..What about his record at the end of last season (Don't forget in the premier ). Unbeaten in pre season . One defeat in our 1st game.and you're ready to sack him UNBELIEVABLE !!!
Where did I say I was ready to sack him? Being a caretaker in the position we were in is one thing but being coach in his own right with the heavy burden of responsibility and expectation to get us promoted is another,I do hope he comes good but we can't afford sentiment to get in the way

elminius

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #816 on: August 05, 2018, 08:41:31 PM »
Having sat by the dugout yesterday and listened to his tactical thoughts to the players when trying to keep them out at corners, im more than worried. He just kept shouting 'defend', which simplistically is what they needed to do but not quite a tactical revelation!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #817 on: August 05, 2018, 08:44:11 PM »
Having sat by the dugout yesterday and listened to his tactical thoughts to the players when trying to keep them out at corners, im more than worried. He just kept shouting 'defend', which simplistically is what they needed to do but not quite a tactical revelation!

Similar to when keepers shout ‘out!’ When a corner comes in. Thanks for reminding me I was going to do the exact opposite

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #818 on: August 05, 2018, 09:04:42 PM »
what would you suggest he shout? I struggle to understand what is wrong with shouting “defend” or “get rid” from a corner, what tactical genius could he have shouted instead? If he’d not said a word people would complain he doesn’t communicate enough.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #819 on: August 05, 2018, 09:22:50 PM »
I don't care what he shouts during the game, i care more about the week of training leading up to it and what he is able to do during the game by way of substitutions to impact the game.

If, by half time, he was unable to see that HRK needed to be removed for Mozza with J Rod going up top, then I'm sorry but that is just horrific. That is without even examining why HRK was selected up top in the first place...

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #820 on: August 05, 2018, 09:23:12 PM »
what would you suggest he shout? I struggle to understand what is wrong with shouting “defend” or “get rid” from a corner, what tactical genius could he have shouted instead? If he’d not said a word people would complain he doesn’t communicate enough.
.    Thought I was missing something.Thought there was a new tactical terminology  :D

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #821 on: August 05, 2018, 09:27:09 PM »
I don't care what he shouts during the game, i care more about the week of training leading up to it and what he is able to do during the game by way of substitutions to impact the game.

If, by half time, he was unable to see that HRK needed to be removed for Mozza with J Rod going up top, then I'm sorry but that is just horrific. That is without even examining why HRK was selected up top in the first place...
.     HRK had to start because Rondon was pulled out at the last minute .was originally down to play then was pulled from the squad completely

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #822 on: August 05, 2018, 09:39:23 PM »

IMO DM was thinking of the game on Tuesday & was saving Mozza,

Not sure if I'm missing something, but it was the defence that lost us the game yesterday, & yet we're focusing on tactics.
I've only watched yesterday's game & the Coventry pre- season, & already my concern is the way we defend, & I've yet to be convinced by Sam Johnstone.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #823 on: August 05, 2018, 10:09:35 PM »
IMO DM was thinking of the game on Tuesday & was saving Mozza,

Not sure if I'm missing something, but it was the defence that lost us the game yesterday, & yet we're focusing on tactics.
I've only watched yesterday's game & the Coventry pre- season, & already my concern is the way we defend, & I've yet to be convinced by Sam Johnstone.
Yes I think Mozza was being saved also, but he or Harper should have come on for 20 minutes. We were decidedly average in all departments. Barnes goal was carved out of pretty much nothing and we didn't really create any clear chances other than the Hegazi headers from set plays. Lots of work to do for DM and GJ on the team shape, midfield set-up....lots and lots of work to do.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #824 on: August 05, 2018, 10:31:31 PM »
Everybody just needs to calm down. Big Dave needs time. Review it after 10 games. Hopefully the new Asst Manager can help stamp some authority on our style too.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.