Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844321 times)

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #600 on: May 25, 2018, 02:56:07 AM »
It rolls off the tongue. As a kid in the 60's i always got excited by the West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United fixture.
It sounded more appealing than West Brom v Man U.
;D I also got excited as the 1960s team was fun to watch and if the opposition scored 4 goals we would get 5.
I remember some results such as 4-4 v Arsenal,4-3 v Man Utd 5-4 v Everton. Those were the days...and I agree we are West Bromwich Albion.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #601 on: May 25, 2018, 07:06:14 AM »
I hope big Dave is astute enough to get good people around him, that is the key to success for him.
Baggie in Southampton

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #602 on: May 25, 2018, 04:12:07 PM »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #603 on: May 25, 2018, 04:36:15 PM »
Everything he has said so far lends itself to a team that could be very exciting to watch. Not snooze fest tippy tappy rubbish. But some exciting football no doubt, if words translate to the pitch.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #604 on: May 25, 2018, 04:46:08 PM »
Everything he has said so far lends itself to a team that could be very exciting to watch. Not snooze fest tippy tappy rubbish. But some exciting football no doubt, if words translate to the pitch.

Impossible to know what to expect at this point. At least all the upheaval brings some excitement with lots of transfers due, new assistant manager, new league, new DOF, looks like absolute chaos, hopefully it all pans out. Got a lot of reservations about appointing a rookie manager at such a key time in our history but you can't deny his passion or bond with the team and fans. Fingers crossed.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #605 on: May 25, 2018, 06:02:08 PM »
Everything he has said so far lends itself to a team that could be very exciting to watch.
I'm not sure on what basis you've arrived at that conclusion. The best we have so far from him in terms of potential excitement is "we'll play football when needed". The obvious question that begs is under what circumstances does he think it'll be needed and we don't have the answer as yet.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #606 on: May 25, 2018, 06:21:43 PM »
There will always be doubters and, as Darren is a confirmed Christian, he would use the Biblical character "Thomas" to describe them.

In my view, we, as fans, have to accept what Darren says are his desired intentions at this time. Obviously, in practise, it may not always go to script and be deliverable for many reasons.

If Darren didn't put forward his vision, he would be criticised. He puts forward a vision and he is doubted. 
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #607 on: May 26, 2018, 11:47:21 AM »
If Darren didn't put forward his vision, he would be criticised. He puts forward a vision and he is doubted.
Online forums like this one exist to discuss everything to do with the club. What's said by those at the club gets analysed, what they do gets dissected - that's the nature of the beast and is as it should be.

Darren will be the subject of scrutiny like any other manager we've had in the past or will have in the future. Just because of his past associations with the club, I don't think that should give him a magic free pass where nothing he does or says is reacted to or questioned. As long as people try to be objective, I think that's absolutely fine.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #608 on: May 26, 2018, 01:14:33 PM »
Just met him at the airport, what a top man, genuinely humble, intelligent and down to earth. He’ll do for me.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #609 on: May 26, 2018, 01:23:26 PM »
Is he going somewhere or is he meeting a new player?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #610 on: May 26, 2018, 02:08:17 PM »
Online forums like this one exist to discuss everything to do with the club. What's said by those at the club gets analysed, what they do gets dissected - that's the nature of the beast and is as it should be.

Darren will be the subject of scrutiny like any other manager we've had in the past or will have in the future. Just because of his past associations with the club, I don't think that should give him a magic free pass where nothing he does or says is reacted to or questioned. As long as people try to be objective, I think that's absolutely fine.

I was stating a fact and not denying anyone a voice, weird why you would think like that

I suspect Darren would expect nothing less from the fanbase
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #611 on: May 26, 2018, 07:14:03 PM »
I was stating a fact and not denying anyone a voice, weird why you would think like that
Calling people doubting Thomases isn't stated a fact, such a comment is loaded with subjectivity and cynicism.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #612 on: June 01, 2018, 11:05:28 AM »
Do we know what DM's contract is ? I can't remember seeing anything other than 'an extended contract'. Given that he was only in charge to the end of the season originally that could mean anything.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #613 on: June 01, 2018, 03:52:16 PM »
Calling people doubting Thomases isn't stated a fact, such a comment is loaded with subjectivity and cynicism.

You have obviously read into my post something that was not there and are being overscrupulous and/or pedantic and/or semantical. Could you point out where I called anyone a “Doubting Thomas” as you suggest”?

I wrote,

“There will always be doubters and, as Darren is a confirmed Christian, he would use the Biblical character "Thomas" to describe them.” 

I was actually using a simile to make a valid point if you had read the sentence more closely. 

One poster actually wrote:-

“I have already heard some serious moans from people about Moore that are usually very level headed and positive. If he doesn't start well I think we will see the knives coming out and his reputation under question”

Would you agree that post could be construed as implying and / or inferring having “doubts” and concerns about Darren on the part of “some people”? How would you describe their feelings?

Another poster wrote,

“Everything he has said so far lends itself to a team that could be very exciting to watch”

Your response,

“I'm not sure on what basis you've arrived at that conclusion. The best we have so far from him in terms of potential excitement is "we'll play football when needed". The obvious question that begs is under what circumstances does he think it'll be needed and we don't have the answer as yet”

I interpret that response as having “doubts” or were you being sceptical or something else? To a greater or lesser extent, we are all gifted /afflicted with subjectivity and cynicism, its called human nature and I’m sure you come across it or are involved in it every day.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #614 on: June 01, 2018, 05:07:29 PM »
You have obviously read into my post something that was not there and are being overscrupulous and/or pedantic and/or semantical. Could you point out where I called anyone a “Doubting Thomas” as you suggest”?

I wrote,

“There will always be doubters and, as Darren is a confirmed Christian, he would use the Biblical character "Thomas" to describe them.”

I'm struggling to understand the point you're making here. You do understand that the phrase “Doubting Thomas” originally arose in the way you described? It's also always used with a negative and critical connotation, unless said in jest, but there were no emoticons in your post to suggest that you were making a joke.

I wasn't saying that there weren't doubters, or people expressing cynical views, but was commenting on your claim that people being "doubting Thomases" is a fact. Continuing with your biblical references, the obvious inference to draw from what you wrote is that anyone who has doubts about Darren is effectively a heretic.

Your view isn't a fact, it's just another opinion and that's the only point I was trying to make.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #615 on: June 02, 2018, 01:19:09 PM »
I'm struggling to understand the point you're making here. You do understand that the phrase “Doubting Thomas” originally arose in the way you described? It's also always used with a negative and critical connotation, unless said in jest, but there were no emoticons in your post to suggest that you were making a joke.

I wasn't saying that there weren't doubters, or people expressing cynical views, but was commenting on your claim that people being "doubting Thomases" is a fact[/u]. Continuing with your biblical references, the obvious inference to draw from what you wrote is that anyone who has doubts about Darren is effectively a heretic.

Your view isn't a fact, it's just another opinion and that's the only point I was trying to make.

Obviously, clarification on Biblical definitions is required as you have introduce the word "Heretic" to further cloud and distort my post

Doubting Thomas - a person who refuse to believe something until they see definite proof or evidence of it.
Heretic - a belief or action that most people think is wrong, because it disagrees with beliefs that are generally accepted.

I think there is a distinct difference in definition and meaning between the two, you may not. However, there is nothing wrong with having doubts, it's a human emotion. Doubt involves the uncertainty about which decision will turn out best, we are faced with decisions every day and have doubts as to whether we have made the right choice! Personally, I fail to see how you can draw an inference to Heretic from my post given their different definitions and meanings.

I think there is enough evidence to be found on this forum to support the facts that people do doubt Darren and have included a few example for your perusal.

"Part of me feels it is a huge error, but that's more because I'd feel bad for Big Dave."
"If Big Dave had no connection to WBA would you be happy with this appointment based on his short managerial career so far?"
"He is a legend and he will get my support, but I am really worried. And I hope I am proved totally wrong."
"Everyone loves Big Dave but I don't think it's the appointment I'd hoped for"
"Moore lacks tactical knowledge and we are yet to see how he responds to defeat, let alone whether he can make really difficult decisions involved managing a football club over a full season."
"If he'd have achieved exactly the same as Stoke, who had ultimately gone down with us, would we even be considering appointing him?"
"If it's true .Then I wish him well and hope he does well.but the appointment doesn't really excite me ,so I won't be renewing my season ticket .Im out !"
"Personally I think I am giving up using this forum , it's full of non-supporting, moaners who can't wait until the bigger picture is revealed."
"I honestly wish I could get behind the appointment, but I can’t help thinking that it is completely the wrong way to move forward at a pivotal time for us."
"Feels very risky with his lack of experience. I love Big Dave but as someone else said previously, his post match interviews do turn more to cliches than indepth assessments."
"I would much prefer him to be the number 2 or joint manager if such a thing is possible (see Lincoln City!) with an experienced guy & cut his teeth the right way with a view to eventually taking the job."
"well 11.2% voting have got their wish, not a very big percentage"
"DM just seems like too much of a continuation of the old regime."
"Darren Moore made manager at a time that could make or break us. I still think i am having a nightmare."
"Amazing! Big Dave goes from hero to zero before he is even officially appointed. What a bunch of moaning Minnie's on this board."
"I don't wish ill on the bloke, but I can't see him being a success full time."
"I think what makes this decision hard to accept amongst us fans is that next season we should be the team with the ball, trying to attack, not the ones who are sitting back."
"give it until october and big dave pulis, shocking appointment"

The posters of the above aren't Heretics for expressing their doubts.

Good luck Darren, I have no evidence, but I feel you have more believers than those who are not.  :D ;D ;)

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #616 on: June 02, 2018, 01:47:17 PM »
Doubt involves the uncertainty about which decision will turn out best, we are faced with decisions every day and have doubts as to whether we have made the right choice!
I understand what doubts are, but thanks for clarifying it. In my previous message I wrote: "I wasn't saying that there weren't doubters, or people expressing cynical views". I have some doubts about this appointment myself, quite large ones actually.

Good luck Darren, I have no evidence, but I feel you have more believers than those who are not.  :D ;D ;)
I'm sure that's true, but I think that if he'd been brought in having not had a past association with Albion, then the number of "believers" (to use your description) would be a lot less.

This is my last post in this sub-debate with you, as I'm sure the mods will either start removing posts or telling us to take it to PM if we continue with it!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #617 on: June 03, 2018, 12:05:11 AM »
I understand what doubts are, but thanks for clarifying it. In my previous message I wrote: "I wasn't saying that there weren't doubters, or people expressing cynical views". I have some doubts about this appointment myself, quite large ones actually.
I'm sure that's true, but I think that if he'd been brought in having not had a past association with Albion, then the number of "believers" (to use your description) would be a lot less.

This is my last post in this sub-debate with you, as I'm sure the mods will either start removing posts or telling us to take it to PM if we continue with it!

His past association with Albion, namely 6 games and 11 points IS what got him the job.

Would we be as happy if he had no Albion association? No, but he wouldn't be in the job were that the case.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #618 on: June 03, 2018, 01:37:26 AM »
He was not my choice, the appointment was probably for financial reasons.

But, he has all his coaching badges and is totally devoted to the club. Passion is the one thing money can't buy.
I'm in, let's all get behind him and create an irresitable tidal wave that nothing can withstand.
Out with negative thoughts.

We Are Albion.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #619 on: June 03, 2018, 09:32:57 AM »

But, he has all his coaching badges and is totally devoted to the club. Passion is the one thing money can't buy.
I'm in, let's all get behind him and create an irresitable tidal wave that nothing can withstand.

We Are Albion.
my thoughts exactly, bring back the pride in the blue and white stripes

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #620 on: June 03, 2018, 11:24:24 AM »

We Are Albion.

Nice one DW.

And as actions speak louder than words the following link may prove useful in your quest to create said irresistible tidal wave....  ;D .

https://wbatickets.co.uk/en-GB/subscriptions/season%20ticket%202018-19?hallmap
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #621 on: June 03, 2018, 04:59:45 PM »
Nice one DW.

And as actions speak louder than words the following link may prove useful in your quest to create said irresistible tidal wave....  ;D .

https://wbatickets.co.uk/en-GB/subscriptions/season%20ticket%202018-19?hallmap

Can't afford an ST at the moment unless i get my redundancy. Might take in a game or two, if so i'll let you know for a meet in the Sportsman.

I hope now we have appointed Darren Moore he is given  the time to change things round.
When Giles first took over we were bottom of Div.2 at the end of September and out of the League Cup.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #622 on: June 03, 2018, 10:44:46 PM »

We Are Albion.

Lovely. That's it entirely. COYB.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #623 on: June 03, 2018, 11:49:04 PM »

Can't afford an ST at the moment unless i get my redundancy. Might take in a game or two, if so i'll let you know for a meet in the Sportsman.

I hope now we have appointed Darren Moore he is given  the time to change things round.
When Giles first took over we were bottom of Div.2 at the end of September and out of the League Cup.

Nice sentiment DW hope to see you in the Sportsman soon.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #624 on: June 04, 2018, 12:44:32 PM »

Nice one.

Looking forward to a meet up.

It's been too long chap  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.