Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 851309 times)

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #575 on: May 23, 2018, 08:00:56 AM »
Leicester weren’t really that balanced, they were ultra defensive with devastating counters and balls over the top. We took points off of them but playing them at their own game. They didn’t really know what to do with possession.

What you are saying is generally true however they were better in possession than you are giving them credit for; I certainly remember them at our place having their full backs high and Schmeichel throwing the ball out to them or rolling it to Kante or Drinkwater in between the centre backs. Maher and Albrighton were threats wide too.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #576 on: May 23, 2018, 08:54:44 AM »
Anyone else notice how many times he says "West Bromwich Albion Football Club" when being interviewed? Going to start making a note of how often he uses the full name, because it's quite frequent, and slightly annoying  ;D

That's who we are and that's what we're called. I hate being called West Brom.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #577 on: May 23, 2018, 09:11:31 AM »

I'm not keen on that abbreviation either. The full name is fine, doesn't annoy me; in fact it sounds reverential.

But if you're going to shorten it or nickname it, Albion, Throstles, Baggies...
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ashcroft19

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #578 on: May 23, 2018, 09:14:18 AM »
Quite right, I dislike us being referred to as “theAlbion” . We are West Bromwich Albion, to miss of the West Bromwich is losing our identity.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #579 on: May 23, 2018, 09:16:58 AM »

Christ, yes!! So do I! I thought I was alone in thinking that. We're the Albion or the Baggies. Or the full monty as Darren says. End of.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #580 on: May 23, 2018, 10:03:21 AM »
have to change the words to one of our songs then!

West Brom FC from, the black country......
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #581 on: May 23, 2018, 10:23:30 AM »
Anyone else notice how many times he says "West Bromwich Albion Football Club" when being interviewed? Going to start making a note of how often he uses the full name, because it's quite frequent, and slightly annoying  ;D

Yes and I think it's great  ;D !
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #582 on: May 23, 2018, 11:15:18 AM »
we may only get an indication when we start recruiting. If we are linked to a lot of 6ft 6 centre halfs, start worrying.

Although we do need at least 2 centre halfs... so don't worry prematurely...

If we can get back to a midfield that played like Morrison, Gera, Brunt and Texiera, Robbie Koren and Greeno (I think they were the words?) then we'll have overachieved.

I hope Big Dave is recruiting to fit his style and that it will be aspirational.  I hope that playing a better type of football is part of the brief he's been given.  Most of us will remember that a lot of the time in the championship its a battle of attrition that you have to overcome in order to play your football. 

In reality the players that stay should provide the experience and we should be looking to find young dynamic players to fill the gaps.  Much like Burnt and Morrison were 10 years ago.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #583 on: May 23, 2018, 12:15:09 PM »

It looks like you are going to be very busy noting DM's reiteration of our club's name.
If he wants to say it each and every time he opens his mouth, that's fine by me (and other posters, judging by the responses).

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #584 on: May 23, 2018, 01:40:07 PM »
Although we do need at least 2 centre halfs... so don't worry prematurely...

If we can get back to a midfield that played like Morrison, Gera, Brunt and Texiera, Robbie Koren and Greeno (I think they were the words?) then we'll have overachieved.

I hope Big Dave is recruiting to fit his style and that it will be aspirational.  I hope that playing a better type of football is part of the brief he's been given.  Most of us will remember that a lot of the time in the championship its a battle of attrition that you have to overcome in order to play your football. 

In reality the players that stay should provide the experience and we should be looking to find young dynamic players to fill the gaps.  Much like Burnt and Morrison were 10 years ago.

There were a load of different versions of this but I think the one that encapsulated the most was Morrison, Gera, Brunt and Texeira, Kim, Koren and Jono-o-oh.

Sadly I can't see us having an exciting midfield like that next season.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #585 on: May 23, 2018, 03:40:57 PM »

I think he is reinforcing our identity, which has gone AWOL in the last few years and I wholeheartedly agree with him
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #586 on: May 23, 2018, 05:04:00 PM »
There were a load of different versions of this but I think the one that encapsulated the most was Morrison, Gera, Brunt and Texeira, Kim, Koren and Jono-o-oh.

Sadly I can't see us having an exciting midfield like that next season.
Morrison, Gera, Brunt & Texeira, Robert Koren & Jonno
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #587 on: May 23, 2018, 05:48:53 PM »

You're criticising a club legend for referring to our club its full name.

If this is the kind of criticism Big Dave will be facing then West Bromwich Albion Football Club will have a much lower chance of promotion than I anticipated.

Our new manager has installed a level of identity and pride at a speed I didn't think was possible, particularly considering the damage by Pardew and Pulis.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #588 on: May 23, 2018, 05:53:29 PM »
I didn't think they'd go for Moore, but now they have, I am going to stop worrying about it and just get behind him 100%

Come on you West Bromwich Albion!

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #589 on: May 23, 2018, 06:05:47 PM »
You're criticising a club legend for referring to our club its full name.

If this is the kind of criticism Big Dave will be facing then West Bromwich Albion Football Club will have a much lower chance of promotion than I anticipated.

Our new manager has installed a level of identity and pride at a speed I didn't think was possible, particularly considering the damage by Pardew and Pulis.

Crikey guys. See my previous post about Moore in this thread saying that I am very happy about it. I was highlighting a little quirk that personally cranks ME slightly. Notice the big Smiley at the end. No need to get so hurt about it or take it quite so seriously......   ::)

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #590 on: May 23, 2018, 06:59:47 PM »
Crikey guys. See my previous post about Moore in this thread saying that I am very happy about it. I was highlighting a little quirk that personally cranks ME slightly. Notice the big Smiley at the end. No need to get so hurt about it or take it quite so seriously......   ::)
Lol, did get shredded a bit there didn't you pal.
Tbh, I see where you're coming from, but it's been going on for years & way before big Dave was even thinking about management. I seem to remember the Dingles old boss Dave Jones being the chief culprit, with everything finishing with 'Wolverhampton Wanderers football club.'
Don't think anyone minds us being called West Bromwich Albion, but i do find the constant reminder that we're a football club a bit unnecessary.
In a way though, I'm loving the support of big Dave, & how our fans have got his back. Long may that continue. I'll be up there next week renewing mine and my 2 sons season tickets, and look forward to the appointment of hopefully Shakespeare or Super Kev, as his assistant.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #591 on: May 24, 2018, 01:27:51 PM »
I guess we can now look forward to this forum soon being renamed to westbromwichalbionfootballclub.com. It has a certain ring to it, don't you agree?  ;D

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #592 on: May 24, 2018, 01:49:51 PM »
It rolls off the tongue. As a kid in the 60's i always got excited by the West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United fixture.
It sounded more appealing than West Brom v Man U.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #593 on: May 24, 2018, 03:37:17 PM »
And, may I add, we also have a tuneful terrace song that spells it out.  ;D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #594 on: May 24, 2018, 07:36:48 PM »
It rolls off the tongue. As a kid in the 60's i always got excited by the West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United fixture.
It sounded more appealing than West Brom v Man U.

Where's the 'like' button on here again?
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #595 on: May 24, 2018, 07:38:29 PM »
I guess we can now look forward to this forum soon being renamed to westbromwichalbionfootballclub.com. It has a certain ring to it, don't you agree?  ;D

Ok so you've convinced me that sometimes westbrom is fine. ;)

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #596 on: May 24, 2018, 09:49:58 PM »
I have already heard some serious moans from people about Moore that are usually very level headed and positive. If he doesn't start well I think we will see the knives coming out and his reputation under question.

I believe the fans that have been around for a longtime will cut him some slack but the premiership generation will soon turn if given any excuse.
Gera, Gera, Gera

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #597 on: May 24, 2018, 09:57:55 PM »
He's a baggie mate,we will give him time,give him a chance,crikey he's only had the job a matter of days.
If all these soothsayers who proficy the future were right they'd be millionaires by now.
Give the fella a break.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #598 on: May 24, 2018, 10:00:35 PM »
I have already heard some serious moans from people about Moore that are usually very level headed and positive.

Other fans or people closer to the club?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #599 on: May 25, 2018, 01:43:18 AM »
I have already heard some serious moans from people about Moore that are usually very level headed and positive. If he doesn't start well I think we will see the knives coming out and his reputation under question.

I believe the fans that have been around for a longtime will cut him some slack but the premiership generation will soon turn if given any excuse.

I don't think there has been a Head Coach who has started their tenure with so much good will even among the small group of Albion fans who have the reservations about the appointment (according to newspaper polls he has an 85% or better approval rating).

How long this lasts is anyone's guess. My view is if Albion fans back the appointment then they have to accept the consequences and be patient. Regardless of what I think of the appointment I am fully prepared to give Moore at least a full season in charge unless we find ourselves mired at the foot of the table at the halfway point. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.