Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread - Games resuming 20 June - CLUB RELATED ONLY  (Read 268213 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

I thought the FA had already said, there will be relegation and promotion.

Yes when it was tentatively suggested that relegation would come off the table if the Premier League were to restart BCD at neutral grounds. The not accepting promotion from a league that was not completed if the Premier League does complete is a slightly different argument and one which hasn't as far as I am aware been kicked into touch by the FA.

How do you need 200-250 people for a behind closed door game  :o

Seems a lot I guess if it's televised media staff is not insignificant. Do they give access to the print media?

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Medical staff, trainers, directors, League officials, some security of some form, manager and players, media and reporters with engineers.
Baggie in Southampton

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Medical staff, trainers, directors, League officials, some security of some form, manager and players, media and reporters with engineers.
Plus a few ball-boys I would hope, or it may get a bit tiresome to watch towards the end of games. Goodness only knows how much stoppage time will be added.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

Plus a few ball-boys I would hope, or it may get a bit tiresome to watch towards the end of games. Goodness only knows how much stoppage time will be added.

4 minutes, it's always 4 minutes.  Unless there's been a serious injury, then you might get 5.  I'd like to see timewasting being clamped down on by ref's playing an additional 1 or 2 mins each time they have to warn someone.  At the moment it never feels like much time is added on due to time wasting, and even worse, when a player gets booked for timewasting it never seems much is added on.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

All media could be done remotely, absolute farce if the likes of Madeley and Masi are in the ground never mind the Nationals.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

SFA have called it a day in Scotland, Celtic champions with Hearts relagated. Common sense approach to finish season if impossible to do it on pitch.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

SFA have called it a day in Scotland, Celtic champions with Hearts relagated. Common sense approach to finish season if impossible to do it on pitch.

Hearts already discussing legal action. Money in the SPL a fraction of the top flight here. Another indicator of us completing the season.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

There is no excuse to not finish the season.

The first matches in the German league went okay so I can't see why we can't do the same.

Too many people in this country we a negative outlook on things. The German mindset seems to be if theres a way to do it we will do it.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

The first matches in the German league went okay so I can't see why we can't do the same.

Too many people in this country we a negative outlook on things. The German mindset seems to be if theres a way to do it we will do it.
Germany are further down the virus path than us and their whole virus management was better than ours. We can't just say if they can do it so can we.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

Germany are further down the virus path than us and their whole virus management was better than ours. We can't just say if they can do it so can we.

No Germany managed the virus better than us. 

There are strict measures being introduced to safeguard footballers, more than any other industry, so I cannot understand why so many footballers are still against playing !!!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

There are strict measures being introduced to safeguard footballers, more than any other industry, so I cannot understand why so many footballers are still against playing !!!!
They are against it because if they are rubbish this far in to the season ..so will probably continue to be so and get relegated....null the season and stay up is their plan.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Let's assume the current season is finished, what then?

The EPL might be able to operate with broadcast money as a revenue  source, EFL almost certainly wouldn't, at all levels gate receipts are a major revenue source.

Now it might be possible to maintain social distancing in all seater stadia, by using alternative seats & alternative rows, but that would reduce capacity by about 75%.

To maintain this season's revenue level that would mean increasing ticket prices 4 fold, so a £25 match ticket becomes £100.

Who would still go?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Isn't that exactly what I said or have you made a typo ? I'm just saying we can't make a direct comparison with Germany and just put their progress towards playing again down to positive attitude.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

Sadly, the doom mongers and lockdown cultists are very much in a majority despite a much improved situation.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Sadly, the doom mongers and lockdown cultists are very much in a majority despite a much improved situation.
I'm certain the stressed out health care workers (as of last week 144 NHS dead, 130 plus care-workers dead) will be desperate to avoid a second wave, hence the need for careful consideration over the timing of lifting restrictions.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

Unbelievably naive. Best of luck out there.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

It wouldn't be difficult to solve your problem, the stats demonstrate quite clearly, that those most at risk by miles, are in the over 65/70 age group.

So if you segmented that age group (around 15 million people), & the quarantined them, the under 65's could carry on as normal with minimal risk.

As a political decision, good luck with that.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Common sense is not the phrase I’d used.

The events leading up to that vote have been scandalous.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Common sense is not the phrase I’d used.

The events leading up to that vote have been scandalous.
majority of clubs voted to end season, it was only Rangers and Hearts who opposed in top division, Slipalot and Gers didn't want Boys to win nine in a row where as Jambo's were bottom of league

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Let's assume the current season is finished, what then?

The EPL might be able to operate with broadcast money as a revenue  source, EFL almost certainly wouldn't, at all levels gate receipts are a major revenue source.

Now it might be possible to maintain social distancing in all seater stadia, by using alternative seats & alternative rows, but that would reduce capacity by about 75%.

To maintain this season's revenue level that would mean increasing ticket prices 4 fold, so a £25 match ticket becomes £100.

Who would still go?

Pie in the sky stuff John. There will be no crowds at football until it's safe to attend in the normal pre-Covid manner.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

That said, it would be interesting to see average attendance as a percentage of total capacity with away fans removed for Leagues 1 and 2.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

I think this from Rob Harris of AP speaks to the likelihood of "normal" service beiing resumed anytime soon.

Premier League medical advisor Mark Gillett reveals the government medical experts "made it very clear that the social situation, the public health situation is not going to change over the next SIX to TWELVE months."

It is not a question of mortality risk it is a question of the risk of infection which is borne by everyone regardless of age the greater level of infection the greater the risk to all age groups. If only 0.1% of population under 65 was at risk of death potentially still a huge number of deaths.

Football will only be returning BCD and that has some fairly significant implications. The game had to better get it's collective thinking caps on and the way things were is not a very helpful template.   

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

.........Premier League medical advisor Mark Gillett reveals the government medical experts "made it very clear that the social situation, the public health situation is not going to change over the next SIX to TWELVE months."........

A thoroughly depressing prospect, I think I'm going to need to take up home brewing. Might try distilling some grass from the back garden, provided I can find any without cat excrement.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

It wouldn't be difficult to solve your problem, the stats demonstrate quite clearly, that those most at risk by miles, are in the over 65/70 age group.

So if you segmented that age group (around 15 million people), & the quarantined them, the under 65's could carry on as normal with minimal risk.

As a political decision, good luck with that.
You highlight perfectly a major issue
There are some obvious and sensible answers to some conundrums.....but no one dare state them.
Because everybody can’t wait to be upset.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Standaman

• WBA Coach

A thoroughly depressing prospect, I think I'm going to need to take up home brewing. Might try distilling some grass from the back garden, provided I can find any without cat excrement.

Well given the length of time you might have enough time to raise a crop of potatoes and I've a recipe for Potcheen if that's helpful.