Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread - Games resuming 20 June - CLUB RELATED ONLY  (Read 269833 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

I think all eyes will be on Spain over the next 3 weeks or so now most people are back in work. As long as there isn't a drastic rise in fatalities people will be back in work sooner rather than later.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

Germany sound ahead tbh, they have players training at training grounds.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

There are two threads on this

This one for football related and the other one...for other stuff

So
The one thing I think people forget, is the value of the footballer in terms of £...and consequently the insurance companies ..
I think there would have to be some strict ...really strict...measures in place ....and if clubs thought that there was the slightest chance that one of their 30m assets wouldn’t be covered, then it focuses their minds .
Imagine the loss adjuster walking around Man City’s stadium and getting the calculator out

I want football back, I do agree that it has a binding factor and makes the public in general have something tangiable to hold on too....but I fear it may actually price itself out of a quick return ..

My other point on next year season(because I am in the this one must be finished first camp)
Suspend all cups
All leagues below prem are split in two , with the winner of champ 1 and champ 2 going up, runner up in both playoff
Relegation is bottom club in each, penultimate play off

Then revert back to normal the year after...
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

alex1

• WBA Coach

Germany sound ahead tbh, they have players training at training grounds.
Whilst having to keep the 2 metre rule and no tackling allowed! That might even suit certain players! 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Whilst having to keep the 2 metre rule and no tackling allowed! That might even suit certain players!
I await the first close up of a player gobbing with interest!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 04:11:46 PM by Albionic »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

Reports of EFL resuming on 6/6/20.

That's around the time thought it would come back with players going back to training around 6/5/20.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Sounds about right to me, 1st week in June. Staggered normality resuming 1st week in May.

The Tank

• Junior Baggie

No tackling.   Greasy will still keep diving though

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

Italy pushing for no fans til next year

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8215067/amp/Coronavirus-UK-Fans-set-banned-attending-Serie-matches-2021.html

Yeah big game changer if true , you would imagine all other European countries following suit
They might go to home fans only after a bit as an interim, just a guess

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

Football is completely meaningless at the moment. I couldn't care less whether we kicked another ball this year. Im more concerned about actually being alive this time next year, with my family and friends.This isn't going away any time soon. So what happens once we are released from lock down?? It only takes a few people to start re-infecting 1000's, putting us back into lock down. Sorry to put a downer on events, but until they find a vaccine, this is going to drag on for months.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

I agree with you maresca.
Play football behind closed doors for a while,perhaps the powers that be will stop just expecting fans to turn up week in week out,stop taking us for granted,perhaps they will have to appreciate us more, reduce prices big time etc.
eg: the cost of drinks and food inside the stadiums etc.
Because if they don't try reducing stuff after this virus well that'll show their true colours.
After all what's football without the fans? Nothing!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

Football is completely meaningless at the moment. I couldn't care less whether we kicked another ball this year. Im more concerned about actually being alive this time next year, with my family and friends.This isn't going away any time soon. So what happens once we are released from lock down?? It only takes a few people to start re-infecting 1000's, putting us back into lock down. Sorry to put a downer on events, but until they find a vaccine, this is going to drag on for months.
What will probably happen is that after a few games one club or other will get the virus running through their squad and the powers that be will call it all off again, and that will be it for this season - unless there are only one or two games left in which case they might just plough on.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

Agreed. Sad to say.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Agree entirely Maresca. Furthermore end the season , either promote us or not, and start planning the next season to commence whenever it is safe for us all to go and watch again. If that happens to be a year from now then so be it. I sincerely hope that this is dawn of a new era in English football.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

Agree entirely Maresca. Furthermore end the season , either promote us or not, and start planning the next season to commence whenever it is safe for us all to go and watch again. If that happens to be a year from now then so be it. I sincerely hope that this is dawn of a new era in English football.

I would agree with the general sentiment. That we are unlikely to be able to get a complete season next year whenever we aim to start as well. Personally; would prefer to have one season spread across two years and get fully completed rather than having two heavily disrupted seasons. 

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

finish this season whenever and start the new season 21/22
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

finish this season whenever and start the new season 21/22

I'm coming round to this also.

A 20/21 season is going to be a clusterf*** to try and put on where there is likely to be a second wave and second lockdown coming in the winter months.

Better to just get these last 9 games out at some point over the next 12 months. Play the Euros June 2021 and then start afresh August 2021

Standaman

• WBA Coach

EFL clubs being told to return to training 16th May in order to return at relatively short notice.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/efl-return-date-training-coronavirus-social-distancing-latest-news-a9470206.html

To me this implies a behind closed doors resumption around 1st week of June. I cannot see us being at the point where large scale public gatherings will be back by then.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

EFL clubs being told to return to training 16th May in order to return at relatively short notice.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/efl-return-date-training-coronavirus-social-distancing-latest-news-a9470206.html

To me this implies a behind closed doors resumption around 1st week of June. I cannot see us being at the point where large scale public gatherings will be back by then.
Absolutely not, it will be behind closed doors if it happens, I'm sure of that

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Efl honcho Rick Parry has said games will take place behind closed doors and trying to find a way for them to be broadcast with ifollow etc

Topman

• Youth Baggie

Am I the only one who thinks behind closed doors is an awful idea. Taking out the fact there is still risk, yes I know much reduced. But in terms of our promotion I feel it’s right back in the mix now. Don’t underestimate the impact crowds have. I think they’ll be some very strange results as certain teams will totally down tools in thier fans are not therr

gazberg

• WBA Manager

I imagine the teams in the middle will have very strange games indeed. On the beach earlier than normal. I think the teams fighting for promotion or to avoid relegation will be on it.

Also depends if the players have been keeping themselves healthy while off.

alex1

• WBA Coach

I think behind closed doors is the best option we have. You have to finish the season playing football matches in some form. The atmosphere will be different but its still eleven v eleven, maybe like watching top professionals playing in a pre-season friendly.
It should be straight forward to organise tv access for everyone through iFollow. Police have powers to disperse any congregation of fans outside stadiums.

There would undoubtedly be a few strange results. An example could be where there has been Corona within a team which has to self-isolate. I'm afraid that's the luck of the draw.
If people are to be confined to their homes for a long period,  televised matches would give fans something to look forward to.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure