Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread - Games resuming 20 June - CLUB RELATED ONLY  (Read 265226 times)

KN22

• Senior Baggie

2015-2017  couldn't recall who the FOOTBALL manager was during this spell.

We didn’t have one  :) I got 92% and am well happy with that. Only Hartford tripped me up of the modern ones. Could see his face but the name would not come

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Remembered Burkinshaw, could I spell Burkinshaw? Hell, no. The other one that floored me was Archie Macaulay okay I was only 2 when he left. His wiki entry for his time at the club was "the Baggies did little under his two-year reign, instead enjoying mid-table obscurity" and the other gem "he latter worked as a traffic warden" Little did we know by the time Talbot arrived we would have loved a bit of top flight mid table obscurity.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

I think you may be surprised
Some would ask and want a refund, some would say that it’s not the most important thing....totally understanding that each to their own .
But your point about other clubs is the biggie....we could probably cope...others and a few of them....just wouldn’t .
My mate at work is a Accrington Stanley season ticket holder and as already been offered a refund for the last five games paid straight into his bank account.
If he accepts his season ticket is cancelled so if they do manage to play the games he would have to pay full match day price.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Coronavirus: Football industry 'could turn ugly quickly', says Fifpro general secretary

Could Covid-19 be the catalyst that bursts the Premier League's financial bubble? Unfortunately, if it does, ordinary workers will lose there jobs and incomes

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51938076

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

I think you may be surprised
Some would ask and want a refund, some would say that it’s not the most important thing....totally understanding that each to their own .
But your point about other clubs is the biggie....we could probably cope...others and a few of them....just wouldn’t .

In times where we should help each other get through this crisis, will the rich premier clubs help the smaller clubs   with the financial burdens they will be presented with ?  Me thinks not !!!!

It's like when you go to the supermarket, the premier clubs are the ones with all the toilet roll in their trolley and not thinking about other people !

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

My mate at work is a Accrington Stanley season ticket holder and as already been offered a refund for the last five games paid straight into his bank account.
If he accepts his season ticket is cancelled so if they do manage to play the games he would have to pay full match day price.

I would definitely ask for my refund but only if they had decided that there is no more football. If they can afford to pay very ordinary players thousands per week they can afford to refund my £80.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

If they played games behind closed doors, how many would still go to the ground if the promotion deciding game was a home game?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

If they played games behind closed doors, how many would still go to the ground if the promotion deciding game was a home game?
3m if it was Leeds 😄
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Being mentioned on a few news outlets by health care professionals that this covid19 outbreak could last at least 18 months.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Being mentioned on a few news outlets by health care professionals that this covid19 outbreak could last at least 18 months.
How?

If this carries in more than 6weeks , the govt would enforce lockdown and then the cold reality would be over the following four weeks you either recover or die ..
It will not be allowed to go on for that length of time ...imo
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

How?

If this carries in more than 6weeks , the govt would enforce lockdown and then the cold reality would be over the following four weeks you either recover or die ..
no vaccine for virus and would take that long to create cure.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

My solution all games plated asap behind closed doors, pubs are forced to shut on them days, games played on sky red button so everyone can see their teams, season tickets holders get free access to sky for the month (Clubs would need to cover these costs) and for everybody else sky could have a 1 month sport subscription. Not idea but the best option I believe
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

How?

If you lock things down and people aren't exposed to the virus, and you don't have a cure or vaccine then the virus will pop straight back up. 

We need to be able to safeguard the vulnerable while ensuring the health services aren't completely swamped.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

If you lock things down and people aren't exposed to the virus, and you don't have a cure or vaccine then the virus will pop straight back up. 

We need to be able to safeguard the vulnerable while ensuring the health services aren't completely swamped.
Already testing vaccines, immunisations etc
I just don’t think they can let it run for 18 months ....lockdown kills it off .

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

Turn the news off. It’s not the bubonic plague.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

The World simply couldn't afford it to last 18 months.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

Already testing vaccines, immunisations etc
I just don’t think they can let it run for 18 months ....lockdown kills it off .

I think it'll take a while for it to pass.  We won't be in lockdown for that long, there's talk of tests to see if you've had it and are immune.  If so you can go back out there. Its all about buying time for the health services.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

1, there is no "cannot let it last that long" its a biological phenomenon which will pop back up as stated.
2, the world cannot afford it, is irrelevant argument, afford it or not without immunity / anti-viral it will be there waiting
3. Lockdown does NOT kill it off
3, Influenza has not been cured ever! we can manage it as it fortunately isn't as virulent or lethal as this Covid-19
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

The World simply couldn't afford it to last 18 months.

This is where I become sceptical of a long-term lockdown. How can people afford to live? We can't all claim benefits, or live off our savings. We can't all just exist in our own little bubble.

At some point you've got to just accept the risk and carry on with your life.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

This is where I become sceptical of a long-term lockdown. How can people afford to live? We can't all claim benefits, or live off our savings. We can't all just exist in our own little bubble.

At some point you've got to just accept the risk and carry on with your life.

I can't dispute the last sentence, some will live in their bunkers, some will say stuff it and get on with stuff
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie

From the Official Site:

"The FA, Premier League, EFL and women’s professional game, together with the PFA and LMA understand we are in unprecedented times and our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.

We are united in our commitment to finding ways of resuming the football season and ensuring all domestic and European club league and cup matches are played as soon as it is safe and possible to do so.

We have collectively supported UEFA in postponing EURO 2020 to create space in the calendar to ensure domestic and European club league and cup matches have an increased opportunity to be played and, in doing so, maintain the integrity of each competition.

The FA’s Rules and Regulations state that “the season shall terminate not later than the 1 June” and “each competition shall, within the limit laid down by The FA, determine the length of its own playing season”.

However, The FA’s Board has agreed for this limit to be extended indefinitely for the 2019/20 season in relation to Professional Football. Additionally, we have collectively agreed that the professional game in England will be further postponed until no earlier than 30 April.

The progress of COVID-19 remains unclear and we can reassure everyone the health and welfare of players, staff and supporters are our priority. We will continue to follow Government advice and work collaboratively to keep the situation under review and explore all options available to find ways of resuming the season when the conditions allow.

We would all like to re-emphasise that our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19."

The key bit for me is that they had extended the deadline for finishing the season indefinitely, that to me is a signal that they will make every effort to finish the season, even if it means delaying next season.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 01:16:42 PM by Jack Thrust »
Astle is the King

Standaman

• WBA Coach

The sentiment is fine and the correct decision only time will tell as to how practical it turns out to be.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Suspension extended until 30th April. Current season to be completed irrespective of length of total suspension.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

royhan

• WBA Coach

That’s good news.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

1, there is no "cannot let it last that long" its a biological phenomenon which will pop back up as stated.
2, the world cannot afford it, is irrelevant argument, afford it or not without immunity / anti-viral it will be there waiting
3. Lockdown does NOT kill it off
3, Influenza has not been cured ever! we can manage it as it fortunately isn't as virulent or lethal as this Covid-19
If you locked down for a whole month we zero contact....how does it continue?