Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 772050 times)

Astleistheking

• WBA Newbie

Re: Ben Foster (Sold to Watford)
« Reply #3350 on: March 02, 2020, 05:38:20 PM »
probably the best keeper i have seen at the Albio, i actually wouldn't be against paying a reasonable fee to get him back next year.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3351 on: March 02, 2020, 06:01:54 PM »
If he's on a free i'd have him back in a heartbeat.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3352 on: March 02, 2020, 07:17:19 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Tottenham are interested in Foster, and they wouldn't be the only Prem league club. He has to be one of the top 3 english keepers so its logical that there will be Premier League interest. If we go up, we also have to be interested. He would give us so much more organisation and natural authority in our penalty area. Appreciate we don't yet know if Watford will go down. 
One factor in our favour is Foster's well known liking for his home near Leamington. Travelling from Tottenham on a daily basis could easily put another hour on his journey time.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3353 on: March 03, 2020, 11:11:35 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Tottenham are interested in Foster.........He has to be one of the top 3 english keepers so its logical that there will be Premier League interest. If we go up, we also have to be interested. ....... One factor in our favour is Foster's well known liking for his home near Leamington. Travelling from Tottenham on a daily basis could easily put another hour on his journey time.

I believe Ben moved from Leamington to Stratford a couple of years back. The journey time from there to Watford will be pretty much the same. Regards Tottenham it's worth bearing in mind he'd be going to their training ground for sessions as opposed to their new stadium. Tottenham's training ground is only 13 miles down the road from Watford's and probably takes an extra twenty minutes by car. It's been widely reported in the past that Ben doesn't train every day. Stratford to our training ground in Walsall is a lot closer than Stratford to the White Valley area; but an Albion contract over a Spurs contract?

Hmmm...... I'm not so sure about that one.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3354 on: March 03, 2020, 06:31:29 PM »
So he’s a snake and not to come anywhere near our club again

Then he’s brilliant and should comeback

😂😂😂football fans
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3355 on: March 03, 2020, 06:48:19 PM »
From Watford Twitter Account

“Ben Foster just proves time and time again why he is the nicest man in football.

He kept his promise to 12-year-old Molly Hall and gave her a day she will never forget...”

He is a genuine bloke in my view
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3356 on: March 05, 2020, 10:18:18 PM »
My guess is that Watford are probably waiting until their fate is certain before offering new contacts I suspect that they will offer Foster an extension should they stay up. For what it is worth I wouldn't take him back.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3357 on: March 05, 2020, 10:21:53 PM »
I believe Ben moved from Leamington to Stratford a couple of years back. The journey time from there to Watford will be pretty much the same. Regards Tottenham it's worth bearing in mind he'd be going to their training ground for sessions as opposed to their new stadium. Tottenham's training ground is only 13 miles down the road from Watford's and probably takes an extra twenty minutes by car. It's been widely reported in the past that Ben doesn't train every day. Stratford to our training ground in Walsall is a lot closer than Stratford to the White Valley area; but an Albion contract over a Spurs contract?

Spurs training ground is at Enfield which is further to the east around the M25. I used to drive a stretch on the M25 in the rush hour backwards and forwards every day and 20 minutes is what it can take to drive just one mile!  If he's driving backwards and forwards from Stratford to Enfield, he's going to be spending 5-6 hours in the car daily.
You'd have to be very keen to do that.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3358 on: March 06, 2020, 12:35:45 AM »
Did you used to pick up Miss Daisy along the way?

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3359 on: March 06, 2020, 01:54:46 PM »
Did you used to pick up Miss Daisy along the way?
Miss Daisy?Who she? I probably don't read the right media to get it....... :-[

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3360 on: March 06, 2020, 02:20:01 PM »
Miss Daisy?Who she? I probably don't read the right media to get it....... :-[

Click on the link below, go to about 30 seconds or so if you're in a hurry  ;D  ;) ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ3wXC5jqKE

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3361 on: March 06, 2020, 02:27:13 PM »
Click on the link below, go to about 30 seconds or so if you're in a hurry  ;D  ;) ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ3wXC5jqKE
haha..  And to think I would have gone thro life not knowing who Miss Daisy was.
I knew that co-star Dan Ackroyd was in the Blues Brothers though  :D
PS I think we're drifting a bit off topic from Ben Foster. Unless he had another role in the film.

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #3362 on: June 11, 2020, 01:08:54 PM »
I see he's just signed a 2 year extension to his contract at Watford. A bit unwise before knowing Watford's fate for next season?  :o

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3363 on: June 11, 2020, 01:14:36 PM »
I see he's just signed a 2 year extension to his contract at Watford. A bit unwise before knowing Watford's fate for next season?  :o

After posting this recently I've had a think. Being contracted to a club has never caused BF to play a season in the 2nd tier, imagine he'll get a loan if they drop. Hopefully to us.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3364 on: June 11, 2020, 02:11:20 PM »
After posting this recently I've had a think. Being contracted to a club has never caused BF to play a season in the 2nd tier, imagine he'll get a loan if they drop. Hopefully to us.

Thought he played for Watford, on loan from Man Utd, in the 2nd tier?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3365 on: June 11, 2020, 02:12:03 PM »

A footballer of his age guarenteeing his wages for the next two years is never a bad idea.
Baggie in Southampton

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3366 on: June 11, 2020, 02:28:06 PM »
Thought he played for Watford, on loan from Man Utd, in the 2nd tier?

Nit picker...  ;D

Addendum to my post: Since he has been a 1st choice keeper dating back to August 2006...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3367 on: June 11, 2020, 04:01:22 PM »
Nit picker...  ;D

Addendum to my post: Since he has been a 1st choice keeper dating back to August 2006...

I thought you were going to say that he was still contracted to Man Utd when he played at Watford on loan :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3368 on: October 28, 2020, 02:20:11 PM »
Don't know if any of you have seen,  but Ben has started his own youtube channel. It's actually really good and he gopro's in the goal during matches etc. In this video near the start he has baggies towels and says "come on you baggies". Seems like a really nice bloke to be fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL5-YtB4ptI
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 03:00:48 PM by sammyg »

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3369 on: October 28, 2020, 02:57:16 PM »
Don't know if any of you has seen,  but Ben has started his own youtube channel. It's actually really good and he gopro's in the goal during matches etc. In this video near the start he has baggies towels and says "come on you baggies". Seems like a really nice bloke to be fair.

Loved Fozzy right up until he took a big dump on us whilst fishing in the Florida Keys. 🛥🎣💩

He should stick to supporting his beloved Hornets, the cowin’ Jezebel !!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 03:00:31 PM by PartisanBaggie »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3370 on: October 29, 2020, 01:15:13 PM »
Don't know if any of you have seen,  but Ben has started his own youtube channel. It's actually really good and he gopro's in the goal during matches etc. In this video near the start he has baggies towels and says "come on you baggies". Seems like a really nice bloke to be fair.

Pretty much proof that he'd jump at the chance to come back if given the opportunity.
See how the situation with SJ develops, but I wouldn't turn up my nose if there was a vacancy.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3371 on: October 29, 2020, 02:42:18 PM »
Pretty much proof that he'd jump at the chance to come back if given the opportunity.
See how the situation with SJ develops, but I wouldn't turn up my nose if there was a vacancy.

only thing that proves, is that Ben is a tea leaf !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3372 on: July 09, 2022, 08:38:20 PM »
Ben Foster is back training with us.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 03:12:37 PM by BB74 »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3373 on: July 12, 2022, 12:21:23 PM »
Listened to his podcast thing and in short he wants premier league as a number 1 or 2,   He doesnt want a coaching role, also wants a 4 day week (less training due to his age)

His wants list seems to limit his options

I am going to have a lil wager on him rocking up at Forest  ;)  You heard it here first

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3374 on: July 12, 2022, 01:47:06 PM »
Listened to his podcast thing and in short he wants premier league as a number 1 or 2,   He doesnt want a coaching role, also wants a 4 day week (less training due to his age)

His wants list seems to limit his options

I am going to have a lil wager on him rocking up at Forest  ;)  You heard it here first

He’d get a 3 day week if he signs for Bruce.  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club