Author Topic: Boaz Myhill  (Read 136418 times)

jjb0rdell0

• Junior Baggie

Re: Boaz Myhill
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2012, 11:27:35 AM »
If he performs like that when called upon, I'm not going to be filled with panic if they choose to start him in a cup game or few/Ben gets injured...

dantics_wba

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »
I was also feeling nervous having heard Foster was being rested.. Nevertheless he put in a good shift, pulled off a few good saves and I must say has a BEAST of a kick!  :o
WE ARE THE ALBION, THE SMETHWICK'S OUR HOME!

Twitter - @dantics

slugga1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2012, 12:42:33 PM »
I nearly crapped myself after his 'slip' in the box which I think was his first touch of ball..here we go I thought..but thereafter was pretty darn good, have to agree the punches had me wincing at times but all in all a great performance. We could do, and have done alot worse with a back up keeper ( Christ.. We have worse number 1's!!)
Tony Pulis is ...The Equaliser

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2012, 12:58:44 PM »
A good solid performance & looks more than capable of being understudy to the England no 1 Ben Foster.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2012, 12:59:24 PM »
Ben Foster is big shoes to fill so there would have been a lot of pressure on Boaz to perform, the nerves would have increased after he slipped when taking the goal kick. That aside, he was very good and did what he had to extremely well. Came and caught/punched a few crosses and didn't look out of place. Good peformance from him and would hopefully say to Clarke that if needs be we can depend on him.

The save in the first half after seeing the replay was extremely good. If he'd have parried it out, Kone would have been there for a tap in, but instead, he seemed to parry it across the other side of the goal where there was no danger from a Ben Watson shot. Whether it was intentional, I don't know, but I thought it was very clever goalkeeping.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2012, 04:35:29 PM »
You could see at full time how much that win meant to Myhill, Im sure he had a few nerves before the game Yesterday.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2012, 05:00:54 PM »
Did what he had to do and did it well but you cant judge a bloke on 1 performance.
He's a lad from the Wrenna

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »
Did what he had to do and did it well but you cant judge a bloke on 1 performance.
I think he has played before!!  ;)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2012, 05:05:31 PM »
A very confortable No#2  for us! Its that simple!

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2012, 05:08:28 PM »
First time he has played for us since the days of RDM. A very good reserve keeper for us.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
He'll just be a very useful backup to have really, nothing more, nothing less. Of course, with Myhill I always think of that performance against Spurs years ago for Hull. If only! :D
WestBromwichAlbion

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2012, 08:02:38 PM »
First time he has played for us since the days of RDM. A very good reserve keeper for us.
Im sure he was in goal for Roys first match against the dingles but my memory is not as good as it was!

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2012, 08:15:58 PM »
I think he has played before!!  ;)
Not played enough times for me or the majority of WBA fans to form an opinion I dont think. Just playing the odd game every now and then isnt enough to form a proper opinion.......in my opinion. :D
He's a lad from the Wrenna

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2012, 10:18:45 PM »
Not played enough times for me or the majority of WBA fans to form an opinion I dont think. Just playing the odd game every now and then isnt enough to form a proper opinion.......in my opinion. :D
LOL!! I know mate but he has been in the Prem a few years and that says something?
As Divine says just do not mention Fulop!!  :o
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2012, 10:30:50 PM »
How come there is so much information on the internet and 99% of our fans know bugger all about our relatively new players?
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

j_dog_1980

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2012, 10:53:55 PM »
Did well from what I saw. Made some good saves and WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albionwarrior

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2012, 09:00:28 AM »
Looks like we may get the chance to see him again against Chelsea - if the rumours about Foster being out of contention until the Sunderland game. 

I have confidence in him ..... Not a bad replacement for Foster, especially as every other team would have concerns if their regular goalkeeper was missing.

He'll do okay, if required on Saturday

8)

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2012, 06:30:12 PM »
Going to be hard is'nt it.

Or should he keep the shirt, difficult one, over to you Clarkey.
Baggie in Southampton

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2012, 06:51:01 PM »
Glad to see that Myhill had another good game today, had a few worries before the Wigan, proven so far that he is very capable.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2012, 06:53:51 PM »
Had a world class game today, the save from Sturridge, where he got down to his left was brilliant. I fear he will be dropped but he was immense today and deserves to keep his place to be honest.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2012, 07:03:58 PM »
He keeps the shirt.

His performance today was very good and he has showed that Ben Foster has competition. I'd had the feeling that Foster had become undroppable but hopefully, the good form of Myhill gives Foster the added incentive to up his game a bit more and re-earn back the shirt. It would be incredibly harsh to drop Myhill on the back of two good performances.

Well done Boaz.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2012, 07:30:19 PM »
I said it after last week and i stand by it, its his shirt to lose and he shouldnt be dropped even once Foster is fit.

He was superb again, they always say in football its waiting for your chance, he has had his and taken it and should be kept in until results or performances say otherwise.

Same goes for Tamas, i havent been his biggest fan, think he is a decent player prone to mistakes but today he was superb and played his part in a great win and therefore should keep the shirt for the next game even in MacAuley is fit, sends out the right message that nobody is irreplaceable and gives hope to those who havent figured much that when they get the chance they can earn a place, not just be a stopgap.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2012, 07:33:39 PM »
He keeps the shirt.

His performance today was very good and he has showed that Ben Foster has competition. I'd had the feeling that Foster had become undroppable but hopefully, the good form of Myhill gives Foster the added incentive to up his game a bit more and re-earn back the shirt. It would be incredibly harsh to drop Myhill on the back of two good performances.

Well done Boaz.

Agreed but honestly, do you think he will keep the shirt when Foster is fit?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2012, 07:48:08 PM »
Agreed but honestly, do you think he will keep the shirt when Foster is fit?

No, he won't, and that is criminally unfair.

If Steve Clarke values competition within the squad then he'd keep Boaz Myhill in the side.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2012, 08:33:32 PM »
No, he won't, and that is criminally unfair.

If Steve Clarke values competition within the squad then he'd keep Boaz Myhill in the side.

I think Boaz will keep the shirt v Sunderland, give Foster more recovery time, no need to hurry him back now.
Baggie in Southampton