Author Topic: Boaz Myhill  (Read 136418 times)

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Boaz Myhill
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2012, 09:05:03 PM »
Boaz......................Take a bow Son!.....I wasnt sure having spent so long out that you would be able to deal with the pressure of the PL........................I humbly apologise...............how wrong could I be.........superb performance

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »
Great display from highlights I saw on Irish Tv. In particular the save from Sturridge's flick off Mata's excellently weighted chip through was magnificent.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2012, 09:51:31 PM »
Two very assured performances. He should keep hold of the shirt for the time being.

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2012, 02:45:49 AM »
I think Boaz will keep the shirt v Sunderland, give Foster more recovery time, no need to hurry him back now.

I agree! what a great problem to have.

I think Foster will be given more time to recover but eventually will step back into the side.  Well done Boaz you were fantastic yesterday.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2012, 11:02:03 AM »
a good solid goalie. i always rated him higher than carson. he is not in fosters class but doubt we would get a better 2nd choice goalie.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »
I have to say that I was nervous going into the Wigan game with Boaz between the sticks with him not having played any top flight football for quite a while but he aquitted himself very well with a solid performance. Yesterday he had a strormer with a a couple of "worldies" as they say.

This is brilliant for us because even though I doubt that Foster is the type to rest on his laurals he knows that he has serious competition for his place and we have a very able deputy should we require him.

Whether or not he should keep the jersey, I think that it is Foster's and he has done enough in 47 PL games for him to come straight into the team as soon as he is fit. This is perhaps a bit harsh on Myhill but that is the life of a 'keeper.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2012, 12:37:04 PM »
The best I have seen him play for us. If it weren't for Shane Long, he would have been man of the match by some way.

Smooth Lad

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »
Obviously Foster would love the Shirt back straight away, but if you asked him, he probably say, on the back of those two performances, Boaz deserves to keep it for atleast another game.
Keep St.George in my heart.

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2012, 04:10:18 PM »
Now don't get me wrong, I think Myhill, has played pretty well over the last few games making some good saves and not really making any real mistakes.

There is however a worrying trend even going back to when he replaced Carson under RDM then even if he plays well we still let in a lot of goals. I don't think he has ever kept a clean sheet in the league for us?

Now is this coincidence or is there something he is lacking in terms or organisation or presence?

Thoughts?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2012, 04:28:14 PM »
The key thing in that comment was "replacement to Carson"

Carson couldn't catch, and we lost goals because of it. Myhill can catch but often doesn't and we lose goals because of it.

Nobody's going to say Myhill is one of the best in the league, no one's going to say he's above average for a no.2 but he's ours an he's doing his job to an acceptable degree now, whereas in the past it was his fault. there aren't many (if any) of the goals that can purely be put down to Myhill in the last three games.

Chelsea: deflection off Jones otherwise caught
Sunderland: deflection and was wrong footed, Great save but let down by Sessegnon's marker
Swansea: that was just bad defence. period.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 04:55:16 PM by Hunnington Baggie »

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »
It amuses me how some Baggies fans were singing 'Albion's number 1' to Myhill a few season back when he replaced Carson for a game.

I thought Myhill did very well in all games he's played for us. He's been a bit unlucky to be conceding so many, it's down to poor defensive play, not Boaz.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2012, 04:45:01 PM »
I'm not his biggest fan and pre season I said we should look for better cover. HOWEVER he's been decent so far...last night if we'd have played him AND Foster we'd still have conceded as the defending was clueless!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2012, 08:05:51 PM »
I'd bounce him straight out as soon as Foster is anywhere near fit. Body language is atrocious and does not exude confidence, or encourage it in others!
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2012, 08:30:42 PM »
I'd bounce him straight out as soon as Foster is anywhere near fit. Body language is atrocious and does not exude confidence, or encourage it in others!

Yawn, Myhill appears to be becoming the next Carson. Perhaps getting behind the current keeper might be an idea?  ;D
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2012, 09:17:54 PM »
Dont know why we're discussing it really!
Myhill has done his job as a stop gap, but he aint anywhere near Foster! We cant keep him in out of sympathy, when it's clear that the defence needs a confidence booster!

jjb0rdell0

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2012, 09:38:49 PM »
I still think the shirt is his to lose. That defence was what let 3 goals happen. If he'd saved they'd have been amazing saves...rather than him fluffing routine saves to let 3 in.

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2012, 09:42:10 PM »
Keep him on only fair

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2012, 06:23:39 AM »
Good cover for Foster.
Is he ready to take over from Foster? No.
I don't think the defence has the same confidence that they do with Foster in there. Foster also catch's most incoming balls, Myhill just looks to parry even the simplest of balls. A good proportion of the balls that Myhill parrys end up back in the danger area, I think that teams will target that the longer he's in goal, and ecpect to see opposing forwards making a point of following shots in.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2012, 08:06:23 AM »
Gives me the confidence Carson used to.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2012, 08:33:54 AM »
I think he's been ok , couple of really good save, Chelsea, Swansea and ESP Wigan but....can someone please tell me why a goalkeeper 2 or 3 down would take so bloody long with a goal kick?.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2012, 09:05:21 AM »
Think we've been a bit spoiled having Foster, who in my opinion is up there with the best keepers we've had, that means Myhill has some huge boots to fill, as much as I like him as a back up, I'll be happier with Fozzy back.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:07:05 AM by dont ask me to choose luv »
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2012, 09:42:34 AM »
Very inconsistent - something you don't want with a goalkeeper, even on a short term basis.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2012, 11:13:34 AM »
He's been okay but nowhere near as assured which spreads to the defence. Scared the rubbish out of me at Sunderland.

Good enough as back up, but Foster backs asap.
I only go for the beer.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2012, 11:28:21 AM »
I agree. Myhill can do an emergency job, but is not a regular starter. Goal keeping is as much about "power/confidence/competency" projection as it is about ability. Unfortunately Myhill has quite a 'small' aura, he seems to go out of his comfort zone very quickly a few yards outside his goal line. Foster has a much larger presence which gives confidence to the back line.

smudger 2007

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2012, 02:15:38 PM »
He does seem to put you on edge nothing he does seems to breed confidence.Dont think hes a bad keeper though strange really :'(.Against Sunderland he did look nervy. Plus he always seems to parry every shot where foster catches most of his cleanly. also think Fosters positioning is exellent. Where as myhills looks like guesswork. The free kick we conceded against Sunderland I really think Foster would have caught let alone save. even though it took a huge nick of fortune.Still a lot worse than myhill though just Fosters a lot lot better.