Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2535212 times)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1325 on: November 25, 2014, 10:35:47 AM »
I find it a little odd that he hasn't been charged with anything yet. I would have thought you would get charged with drink driving immediately if you provide a positive sample of breath, I'm no expert but don't see why there would be any need to delay it.

I'll leave my condemnation of him until he actually gets found guilty of an offence.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1326 on: November 25, 2014, 10:36:18 AM »
If he did as is alleged then he deserves to have the book thrown at him, and not because he is a mega bucks footballer, but because anyone who commits this offence deserves it.

Driving under the influence is deadly. There is enough evidence to show that not only the perpetrators suffer but also many innocent victims.

We have had one case at this club before. We don't need another.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1327 on: November 25, 2014, 10:40:51 AM »
He won't go to jail but he should get a two year driving ban and a massive fine.

Anyone found guilty of being over the limit and driving at 110mph should be sent to prison for at least a few weeks in my opinion. Then stick them in a room full of people who have lost loved ones due to similar actions of others, I doubt they would ever consider doing it again after that. There is no excuse to be putting lives at risk getting behind the wheel of a car going that speed while over the drink drive limit.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1328 on: November 25, 2014, 10:43:42 AM »
I find it a little odd that he hasn't been charged with anything yet. I would have thought you would get charged with drink driving immediately if you provide a positive sample of breath, I'm no expert but don't see why there would be any need to delay it.

I'll leave my condemnation of him until he actually gets found guilty of an offence.

Same here dropping your best player at this point in the enquiry is beyond stupid if you ask me.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1329 on: November 25, 2014, 10:53:42 AM »
Same here dropping your best player at this point in the enquiry is beyond stupid if you ask me.

Like someone else has said though, maybe we didn't drop him before as it wasn't in the press, questions would have been asked of AI. Now he can be dropped and taken out of the spotlight so it's more likely to happen.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Jeb-Dog

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1330 on: November 25, 2014, 10:53:59 AM »

Best Player? He's done very little since the United game.

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1331 on: November 25, 2014, 10:59:54 AM »
If this is found to be true... as a representative of WBA he tarnishes the whole club. Although it is not the fault of the club neutrals will look at this as a club issue.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1332 on: November 25, 2014, 11:00:57 AM »
Best Player? He's done very little since the United game.

Who would you play instead.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1333 on: November 25, 2014, 11:13:22 AM »
You do wonder what the hell he was up to north of Manchester, allegedly drunk at 4am on a Wednesday morning.

#GodIsGood
#ThisOneForYouMum
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:40:16 PM by B_H_Baggie »
"This crack is really moreish."

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1334 on: November 25, 2014, 11:21:45 AM »
Who would you play instead.

The guy the club spent 10 million pound on to sit in the reserves.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1335 on: November 25, 2014, 11:53:41 AM »
The guy the club spent 10 million pound on to sit in the reserves.

Same mate but would he ? The worry i have is he would go big vic up top on hes own.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1336 on: November 25, 2014, 12:12:16 PM »
As an optimist at least he won't be driving to another club on transfer deadline day...

jsam

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1337 on: November 25, 2014, 12:23:39 PM »
As BH says, it is odd that he hasn't been charged with anything. Unless he refused a breath test, he would have tested there and then and either been over the limit or not. So for now, I think it's wrong to prejudge or assume anything.

It's also wrong to prejudice any possible court case, so as Oldbury says, take care about your comments, guys.
Remember the past - learn from it

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1338 on: November 25, 2014, 12:27:24 PM »
Just as ling as no one posts anything about pressure !!!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1339 on: November 25, 2014, 12:32:05 PM »
As BH says, it is odd that he hasn't been charged with anything. Unless he refused a breath test, he would have tested there and then and either been over the limit or not. So for now, I think it's wrong to prejudge or assume anything.

It's also wrong to prejudice any possible court case, so as Oldbury says, take care about your comments, guys.

Dress it up any way you like, the fact that he's been bailed to appear means he probably called the club and they sent out a £400/hr solicitor to bring his carcase back home.
A mere mortal would be in the cells until sober.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

wba_jd26

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1340 on: November 25, 2014, 12:32:55 PM »
He is stupid but I do find the situation strange, this happened over a month ago so why has he not yet been charged and it only just come out in the press.

Also the day after he was arrested, 23rd October he tweeted 'In a good place #feelingblessed #GodIsGood'
Personally I don't think i'd be in a good place the day after being arrested for drink driving.

If he's guilty I don't want him associated with our football club.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1341 on: November 25, 2014, 12:34:56 PM »
If he turns out to have done this, what a grade A prat. Considering the war torn, disadvantaged background he's come from, you would have thought he'd be much more grateful and respectful of the opportunity he's been given.

But yeah, this does seem odd. Every single traffic cop show I've seen that deals with drink driving, they're charged as soon as they've sobered up.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1342 on: November 25, 2014, 01:03:13 PM »
He is stupid but I do find the situation strange, this happened over a month ago so why has he not yet been charged and it only just come out in the press.

Also the day after he was arrested, 23rd October he tweeted 'In a good place #feelingblessed #GodIsGood'
Personally I don't think i'd be in a good place the day after being arrested for drink driving.

Wouldn't go that far, where else will the goals come from?! I know what he did hasn't been clever but then the number of footballers that go out and do stupid things like this is larger than we'd like to think. If we were to banish players for committing this sort of act we'd be watching powerleague every week.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1343 on: November 25, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
Allegedly 110 miles an hour while drunk . What if somebody had been killed . He's got the money to pay a driver . So if guilty I hope he gets the book thrown at him .

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1344 on: November 25, 2014, 01:12:38 PM »
Same mate but would he ? The worry i have is he would go big vic up top on hes own.

Nailed on or even worse could be Samaras!  :o
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1345 on: November 25, 2014, 01:21:19 PM »

on the first point it's possible that agents/management have probably had some form of injunction out on it stopping it from hitting the press. he hasn't been charged yet because his court date is next month which is where he probably will be charged.

as for the tweet the following day who knows what goes through footballers heads these days

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1346 on: November 25, 2014, 01:23:43 PM »
I'm an advocate of no drink being allowed while driving, there should be a 0% limit with a small allowance for having a wine gum or something  ::)

That being said, If he was "drunk" but a tiny smidge over the limit that is one thing, bad, but not horrific. But if actually drunk that's just dreadful.

Either way, call a taxi or a driver, you earn a load!
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1347 on: November 25, 2014, 01:38:29 PM »
As an optimist at least he won't be driving to another club on transfer deadline day...

good point, well made  ;D

i was worried that backside or Liverpool might come in for him in Jan as well. This news should scupper that...

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1348 on: November 25, 2014, 02:34:02 PM »
Wouldn't go that far, where else will the goals come from?! I know what he did hasn't been clever but then the number of footballers that go out and do stupid things like this is larger than we'd like to think. If we were to banish players for committing this sort of act we'd be watching powerleague every week.

Where else the goals will come from is irrelevant. Any player doing what has been alleged must be punished.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1349 on: November 25, 2014, 03:00:00 PM »
Don't know all the facts but could be that elected for a blood test, which takes time for blood results to come back. He would have been bailed to return after the blood results are received  and then he would be charged with an offence. Then he gets bailed to appear at court depending on the reading.