Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2550699 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #550 on: November 20, 2013, 03:12:31 PM »
3 or 4 year contract though makes it 1.6-2 million

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #551 on: November 20, 2013, 03:23:09 PM »
3 or 4 year contract though makes it 1.6-2 million

yes, sorry I misunderstood your post.

Albionwarrior

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #552 on: November 20, 2013, 04:22:06 PM »
Newsnow rumours are suggesting his is about to sign ..... Even the BBC???

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #553 on: November 20, 2013, 04:50:32 PM »
yes, sorry I misunderstood your post.

no worries easy misunderstanding.

until he does it does it consistently over a period he isn't worth more than 10k a week

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #554 on: November 20, 2013, 05:09:56 PM »
He tweets some odd things....

liam-zuiverloon

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #555 on: November 20, 2013, 10:12:45 PM »
After the 9-0 goal fest last night I bet he regrets his booking in the previous match

Don't think he'll regret it, a nice touch from the boy to honour his father. Disgraceful that the referee booked him
for it.
Some people's spelling is hylaryous.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #556 on: November 21, 2013, 09:19:36 AM »
If the deal is as reported it is excellent deal from the club's point of view. It secures him for at least another two years and allows us to offer him new contracts as he progresses without busting the club's wage structure. Hopefully he signs and the rumours of his departure can be put to bed for the time being.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #557 on: November 21, 2013, 08:49:18 PM »
Excellent news but will be happier when we have him actually singed.
Very important for both the club and the player to have him settled and continuing to develop over the next few seasons.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Bob

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #558 on: November 22, 2013, 01:09:02 PM »
If he does turn out to be a "defoe level" player (and that's a very big if) then you have to accept he will not be playing for us in 3 years anyway

All we can do is maximise the fee we would get for him which I have every confidence the club will do.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #559 on: November 26, 2013, 08:19:01 AM »
Should have featured last night at some stage.Continuously proving his worth for the U21s hes going to become frustrated at the Albion
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #560 on: November 26, 2013, 08:24:36 AM »
I think Long was knackered, i'd have liked to see Saido on after 80mins

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #561 on: November 26, 2013, 09:20:12 AM »
Did anyone note the last few paragraphs of this article about a supposed Saido tweet? Hmmm ... ::)
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/9042644/-

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #562 on: November 26, 2013, 09:59:27 AM »
Rather tiresome story Berahino makes a fairly random tweet "Time to be Selfish" the Twittersphere erupts with Baggies fans jumping to conclusions and giving the kid abuse. There are times I despair, those people giving him abuse should be ashamed of themselves.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #563 on: November 26, 2013, 10:02:07 AM »
SBerahino
Wtf clearly people dont know me, do i look that immature to talk about my future on here, but thanks for the abuse. Godbless

Who are these muppets who abuse our own players all the time and people wonder why footballers don't feel affiliated to football clubs. No wonder, so many fickle twats about.
"This crack is really moreish."

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #564 on: November 26, 2013, 10:03:11 AM »
Rather tiresome story Berahino makes a fairly random tweet "Time to be Selfish" the Twittersphere erupts with Baggies fans jumping to conclusions and giving the kid abuse. There are times I despair, those people giving him abuse should be ashamed of themselves.

Indeed mate, he could have been eating the last chocolate hobnob in the packet for all we know, yet some can wait to give him the "Izzy Brown" treatment. It's pathetic and hopefully he'll realise it's just a few no marks and sign the deal.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #565 on: November 26, 2013, 10:19:33 AM »
Indeed mate, he could have been eating the last chocolate hobnob in the packet for all we know, yet some can wait to give him the "Izzy Brown" treatment. It's pathetic and hopefully he'll realise it's just a few no marks and sign the deal.

I think you two have probably got that spot on and it was most likely a chocolate hobnob, because I think he loves his mum enough to give her his last Rolo.....
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #566 on: November 26, 2013, 10:22:22 AM »
I think thats the downside to social networking, people can have instant access, give abuse and hide behind a keyboard.

I could be wrong but i am sure i read last night Clarke had said that Albion had expected Berahino to of signed his deal but there was a delay and it was agent related or something like that. People immediate over react and assume he is a money grabbing so and so and the abuse started.

I think he probably has a thick skin and wouldnt be too bothered by a few abusive tweets, i think the 20k plus inside the ground let him know their thoughts better than a few keyboard warriors!

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #567 on: November 26, 2013, 02:59:54 PM »
Hopefully just a storm in the social media teacup then - with chocolate hobnob of course!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:59:34 PM by don1thedon »

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #568 on: November 26, 2013, 03:21:09 PM »
I was hoping it would be announced as a good news event on the day of the Villa match but not the case. Reading what Clarke said it sounds as though the club would be reluctant to increase the deal that's now in front of Saido - hope it gets done.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #569 on: November 26, 2013, 07:37:44 PM »
so many plonkers about! quit messing with the guys head to these guys posting this verbal abuse

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #570 on: November 26, 2013, 08:22:52 PM »
To be honest, I can't believe how naive footballers are to post daft comments like that and not expect idiots to respond with abusive comments.

Ok, it is not the scandal of the century to say "time to be selfish" and who knows what he meant, but, in the context of his situation he was stupid to post such a comment.

Of course people are free to post whatever they like, but high profile tweeters should really know better.

As for his contract situation, he is at the club till at least June 2015, with our option clause.

I don't honestly believe he'll want to be on 850 pound a week till then so a deal will more than likely be reached, probably with a get out clause or two should any large bids come in.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #571 on: November 27, 2013, 12:03:15 AM »
The BBC stated last week (20th) that a new long-term contract would be signed in the coming days whatever the number of days that could mean. They normally don't quote something unless it is pretty definite. So 7 days on and still no confirmation. Are there now more complications or problems?

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #572 on: November 27, 2013, 02:42:12 PM »
This fella should be getting more game time.Bringing Anechibe on at home instead was a joke
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #573 on: November 27, 2013, 02:52:23 PM »
This fella should be getting more game time.Bringing Anechibe on at home instead was a joke

I understood the decision. We were under pressure most of the second half, clearing the ball up the pitch and it wasn't sticking it just came back at us all the time. When Anichebe came on he went some way to holding the ball up and take some of the pressure off so I certainly don't see the decision as a joke. Possibly should have had a chance to replace Long at some point in that game but he's still inexperienced but will get the chances he needs if he keeps his head straight, we have no idea how the contract speculation has affected him.

row ww

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #574 on: November 27, 2013, 03:30:31 PM »
Think the tone has changed a little within the Club recently about Saido.Clarkes recent comment about the fact that SC himself thinks Saido has been offered a very good deal,suggests that the Club have made their final offer.He is on contract till 2015 anyway,so cant see him going anywhere else in the short Term.It seems interesting to me that he has hardly had a kick for the first Team recently,Perhaps Clarke thinks Saido is reverting back to his old ways,and is showing signs of getting carried away by his own importance a bit! Obviously I don't know,just speculation,lets hope he signs the new deal quickly,and lets see him back in the first Team again!