Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 492182 times)

KN22

• Senior Baggie

Re: Matheus Pereira (on loan from Sporting Lisbon)
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2019, 11:39:23 PM »
I agree on the SKY coverage. Who was the co-commentator ? He was particularly vociferous on calling out Pereira for our penno.

Think it was Danny Higginbotham, Ex Stoke?

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2019, 09:37:55 AM »
He did drop Edwards vs reading

True, that would have been for Diangana after his two goals against Luton. We have started with the same team in our three away games so far though, so I think in general Bilic still considers these kind of motivating factors when picking his team at the moment.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2019, 09:52:14 AM »
I agree on the SKY coverage. Who was the co-commentator ? He was particularly vociferous on calling out Pereira for our penno.

Think it was Danny Higginbotham, Ex Stoke?

Yes, it was Higginbotham. Ex Stoke, Southampton and, er,  Derby County! He spent a quarter of his career playing for them.

What got me was the interview with Waghorn and Lowe afterwards, with ex-Villa and up until last year Derby player Darren Bent co-fielding the questions. Lowe is asked if it was a penalty, he says it wasn't and he never touched him. He then says he approached Perreira and asked him if he touched him, but Perreira 'just smiled'. The irony of having the diving Waghorn standing next to him as he crucifies Perreira for diving on live TV is lost on them.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2019, 03:10:59 PM »
100% starts for me next game. Looks classy and direct - exactly what we need.

I like Krovinovic but I’d seriously consider playing MP as a no. 10, or even a change of system - 433 - as we don’t need two holding mids in certain games, especially at home.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2019, 04:26:02 PM »
100% starts for me next game. Looks classy and direct - exactly what we need.

I like Krovinovic but I’d seriously consider playing MP as a no. 10, or even a change of system - 433 - as we don’t need two holding mids in certain games, especially at home.

Krovinovic sawyers
Pereira Phillips Diangana/Edwards

That works for me, in fact I’d love to see us try that in a home game

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2019, 09:54:27 PM »
He looks a class above the championship for sure. Confident, wants the ball and always looking to make something happen. Being forced to sign this kid for €10m if we are promoted looks like it will be a nice little investment.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2019, 10:26:25 PM »
He looks a class above the championship for sure. Confident, wants the ball and always looking to make something happen. Being forced to sign this kid for €10m if we are promoted looks like it will be a nice little investment.

He only needs to make 30 appearances for it to be permanent, can’t see him not doing that

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2019, 08:31:43 AM »
Looks a tidy player, with a good run in the team I can see him becoming a real handful.

As others have said, for certain home games where teams come and sit back with no intention of really attacking us, could be worth slotting Krov into a deeper role and having Pereira in the number 10 role.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: August 27, 2019, 01:03:18 PM »
If, as I assume, he is now 100% fit, let him start on Saturday to see if we can find the early breakthrough that has hardly happened so far this season. We can always replace him later in the game when we are hopefully is a position to see the game out. He has a real spark about him and that can be a potent weapon. 

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2019, 12:57:13 PM »
This guy oozes class, what a player

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2019, 01:15:53 PM »
He's fantastic, he wouldn't look out of place in the Premier League. Every time he's come on the pitch he's given us the cutting edge we've otherwise lacked.

Love him to bits.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2019, 01:40:42 PM »
Just to make sure I fully understand, we have the option (contracted first dibs) to sign him for £9.5m at the end of the season if we stay in the championship, and obligation to buy if we go up? From what I've seen so far, I want that name on the dotted line at the end of the season, in theory if we want him do we have to worry about competition from other clubs?
I think the transfer automatically becomes permanent if he hits a certain number of appearances. Incredible piece of business if so.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #237 on: September 01, 2019, 01:53:37 PM »
145 League minutes played, and based on that very small sample ,for me,  the best footballer to wear the shirt since Laurie. Brilliant.
Pay the money now.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 02:03:16 PM by iwastherein68 »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #238 on: September 01, 2019, 04:18:34 PM »
145 League minutes played, and based on that very small sample ,for me,  the best footballer to wear the shirt since Laurie. Brilliant.
Pay the money now.

Really? That good?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #239 on: September 01, 2019, 06:26:24 PM »
I've read that it becomes permanent if either he makes 30 appearances or if we're promoted. £10m looks superb business.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #240 on: September 01, 2019, 06:58:15 PM »
Pay the money now.

Laurie didnt dive but apart from that  ;)

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #241 on: September 01, 2019, 07:00:49 PM »
I'm only in my 20s but I can safely say he's the best player I've watched live to wear an Albion shirt in my opinion.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2019, 09:37:32 AM »
Exactly my kind of footballer. In all those years of me moaning under Pulis, this is why I was moaning, I was longing for players of this quality to be playing for my club as opposed to the likes of Craig Gardner. He oozes class and his ability to pick a through ball is stunning. If he could learn to finish we would have quite the player on our books.

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2019, 11:04:40 AM »
Exactly my kind of footballer. In all those years of me moaning under Pulis, this is why I was moaning, I was longing for players of this quality to be playing for my club as opposed to the likes of Craig Gardner. He oozes class and his ability to pick a through ball is stunning. If he could learn to finish we would have quite the player on our books.
100 per cent correct , I have supported the baggies for 65 years and seen  some great players down the years , I have not seen a player that excites me so much since Cunningham Regis and Robson all of 40 years ago, once he gets going the kid I am sure will score goals and the sooner we get his signature on paper the better, sadly his ambition will probably far outweigh ours and it will only be for a short time but enjoy the moment fleeting though it maybe

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #244 on: September 03, 2019, 11:43:46 AM »
I was impressed on Saturday , quick feet and brain .
Acid test will be the likes of Millwall away .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #245 on: September 03, 2019, 12:56:41 PM »
I truly love this positivity but personally I will wait a while longer before placing him in such exalted company. he can certainly play though and I do hope we sign him based on what I've seen to date.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #246 on: September 04, 2019, 04:39:30 PM »
Can't help but think the same to be honest.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #247 on: September 22, 2019, 10:00:50 PM »
It really is just a joy to watch him play football. That is all.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #248 on: September 22, 2019, 10:31:18 PM »
His 'performance' clutching his side when seemingly not touched by Challobah today was a total embarrassment. Someone needs to have a word on that front.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #249 on: September 22, 2019, 10:52:59 PM »
His 'performance' clutching his side when seemingly not touched by Challobah today was a total embarrassment. Someone needs to have a word on that front.
It's what he does, 3rd or 4th time i can recall. you can talk to him but he'll keep doing it as per his education in Brazil and Portugal.