Author Topic: Wba emblem to change??  (Read 8911 times)

mulumbuman

Wba emblem to change??
« on: March 21, 2011, 09:25:41 AM »
I've heard some on here saying that we are planning to change our club emblem next year, I know that our kit could be made by addidas next season, but will our emblem change?
Can anyone clear it up for me???

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Wba emblem to change??
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 09:29:34 AM »
Never ever.Still upset with the last time it changed
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggie_1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 11:45:40 AM »
we only changed it a few seasons back. i cant see this happening.
AND ITS 5 FOR THE BAGGIES...BOING BOING TAKE THAT

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 11:52:28 AM »
Cant see it happening tbh.

Although, a kit by adidas does sound pretty smart.

63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 12:10:31 PM »
A club and it's very identity are defined by it's fans and crest amongst other things why it should change at all is beyond me.
It seems that in an effort to wring every last penny out of the marketing of a club people like JP and his ilk will stop at mothing to turn a buck >:(
Call me old fashioned but...pleeeeease ??? :-[
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 02:02:35 PM by 63Brummie »
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 01:16:11 PM »
I'm sure I saw somewhere that the logo has to change after a certain number of years due to the copy right running out on it or something? Not sure if that's true though, I could well be making it up but it would explain why so many clubs seem to change their emblem every yeah

baggie4ever

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 01:20:41 PM »
bloody hope not... :o.only just had it tattooed on me leg.....

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »
I hope it doesnt, I like the current emblem.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Cunningham56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 04:09:25 PM »
Seems to change every 6 years in modern times.

New emblems/crests/badges were introduced in 1994, 2000 & 2006 respectively.

If we're still looking at the same kind of time period and pattern, 2011 or 2012 doesn't seem totally unlikely to have a new one.

I love the current one though, I think it's perfect.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 05:43:30 PM »
Flaming well hope not as i really like the current one and i feel anything else would just ruin it
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Red Stripe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 06:31:02 PM »
Cant see it happening tbh.

Although, a kit by adidas does sound pretty smart.

It's not, they'll give you a teamwear shirt - a shirt that any pub team can kit themselves out with for £15 a pop.  Only it becomes a £40 shirt when they stick your badge on it.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 11:09:14 PM »
Better not be removing the throstle. Never bought the shirt when they changed it to the town crest, and wouldn't do it again. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

RustyG

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 01:07:44 PM »
I prefer the old throstle and branch but like having the club name on there in the new one which probably helps our marketing and branding. So a combination on the two would be fine by me.
We also need to change the mascots back to the old ones rather than this years Cyril the Chicken and Eddie the Eagle!
who you going to call?

Nickwba1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »
They changed it because the old one didnt have a trademark or wasnt copywrighted and the new one is. I very much doubt they would change it again for a while.

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2011, 03:47:45 PM »
They changed it because the old one didnt have a trademark or wasnt copywrighted and the new one is. I very much doubt they would change it again for a while.

That's what I understood - plus all the community stuff would have to be rebranded (vans, buildings etc) so it wouldn't be a cheap thing to do.

63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 02:03:33 PM »
I'm sure I saw somewhere that the logo has to change after a certain number of years due to the copy right running out on it or something? Not sure if that's true though, I could well be making it up but it would explain why so many clubs seem to change their emblem every yeah
FORD?
Mercedes?
I don't believe that at all.
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 02:30:33 PM »
There was a problem with trademark so anyone could put the badge on something to sell without needing permission from the club or owing the club anything, I'm not sure what the problem was exactly. When they re-designed it they added the name of the football club to it to give them the protection that it couldn't be used without permission or something along those lines.

popmonkey

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 04:21:32 PM »
There was a problem with trademark so anyone could put the badge on something to sell without needing permission from the club or owing the club anything, I'm not sure what the problem was exactly. When they re-designed it they added the name of the football club to it to give them the protection that it couldn't be used without permission or something along those lines.

This is correct. It wouldnt make any commercial sense to change the "brand" now. I think this one one of those rumours that has snowballed.
Going down the Brummie Road... To see the Albion Aces!

reis wbafc patel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 11:33:31 PM »
not again. just keep it as it is. imo i can't see this happening though
ALBION TIL I DIE