Author Topic: Callum Marshall Joins Albion on loan  (Read 9063 times)

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Callum Marshall Joins Albion on loan
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2024, 03:18:04 PM »
What are the comments Devon?

His lips are Devon Loched.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 04:49:13 PM by BalisPen »

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2024, 02:46:19 PM »
Apparently he’s back at West Ham due to play for the U21’s. Nothing official as whether the loan is actually terminated or not yet.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2024, 03:59:12 PM »
I genuinely forgot that we had signed him!  :o
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2024, 04:16:19 PM »
Pretty sure this is a standard arrangement when loaning youngsters, that they can/do still play for the parent clubs reserve side.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2024, 04:23:07 PM »
Really? I've never heard of it but I'm probably wrong.

Anyway hopefully we haven't given West Ham a penny as we are developing their players in terms of match day experience. Bizarre

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2024, 05:20:24 PM »
Club have announced now that he will be primarily back in the West Ham set up now unless we need him at which point we can use him again. Think you’d effectively say that’s the end of the loan now unless there’s another injury crisis here

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2024, 05:22:18 PM »
A lot of excitement around this signing, all fizzled out.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2024, 05:31:55 PM »
I am not proud of how the club has treated this lad. Whoever decided it was a good idea to bring him on board should have no further input to player selection. Carlos's comments about "not having to play, but could gain good experience by training with our players" or words to that effect , also very disappointing.
Sometimes it's better to say nothing.
I doubt the lad has any feeling of good experience of being loaned to this great club.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2024, 06:04:01 PM »
Absolutely baffling but at least it's all confirmed it was a waste of time.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2024, 06:04:07 PM »
I am not proud of how the club has treated this lad. Whoever decided it was a good idea to bring him on board should have no further input to player selection. Carlos's comments about "not having to play, but could gain good experience by training with our players" or words to that effect , also very disappointing.
Sometimes it's better to say nothing.
I doubt the lad has any feeling of good experience of being loaned to this great club.

How about the possibility that he was brought in, then deemed not up to standard after being looked at closely in training and returned for his best interests / welfare? If he isn't good enough then we can't be expected to give him minutes.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2024, 06:18:19 PM »
Prior to joining us he had 10 minutes as a sub in the FA Cup against Bristol City, thats the extent of his first team involvement at West Ham other than 3/4 unused sub appearances.

It was a strange signing from the perspective of both clubs so no surprise it hasn't worked.

I am wondering how the scouting and recruitment teams at both clubs decided it was a good idea for him to jump from reserve football to Championship football. A move to League One would have been a better option.

If it was to be looked at in training then surely a week training with us before any commitment would be a better idea.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2024, 06:26:28 PM »
I stand by my posts on 26th January when I said I couldn’t understand this signing . Complete and utter waste of a  first team squad place by the club . I can guess who was behind the signing ………. It definitely doesn’t appear to have been CC .

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2024, 07:28:13 PM »
Prior to joining us he had 10 minutes as a sub in the FA Cup against Bristol City, thats the extent of his first team involvement at West Ham other than 3/4 unused sub appearances.

It was a strange signing from the perspective of both clubs so no surprise it hasn't worked.

I am wondering how the scouting and recruitment teams at both clubs decided it was a good idea for him to jump from reserve football to Championship football. A move to League One would have been a better option.

If it was to be looked at in training then surely a week training with us before any commitment would be a better idea.

Clubs do not send out their contracted players to randomly train with other teams. Not sure that would even be allowed given players have to be registered. Sometimes moves just do not work out. No big deal for me, as it was a wildcard from the start.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2024, 07:30:25 PM »
I stand by my posts on 26th January when I said I couldn’t understand this signing . Complete and utter waste of a  first team squad place by the club . I can guess who was behind the signing ………. It definitely doesn’t appear to have been CC .

Same recruitment department that signed Mickey Johnston, the stand out signing made by any championship club in January. Both freebies, one has turned out to be sensational business.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2024, 07:31:59 PM »
Can’t really comment on his on pitch ability, but the way his family have conducted themselves on social media is absolutely pathetic.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2024, 07:33:08 PM »
Clubs do not send out their contracted players to randomly train with other teams. Not sure that would even be allowed given players have to be registered. Sometimes moves just do not work out. No big deal for me, as it was a wildcard from the start.

I know they don't, you mentioned him not being upto it in training, proper scouting would have seen that so if he can't train with us then did we actually watch him at all?

You say no big deal, it is as its been a waste of time for both player and both clubs.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2024, 07:36:45 PM »
Same recruitment department that signed Mickey Johnston, the stand out signing made by any championship club in January. Both freebies, one has turned out to be sensational business.

One with international appearances, over 50 games for Celtic inc a couple in the Champions League not to mention a loan in Portugal and one with no more than 10 minutes in the 1st team.

You cannot compare the two, one has the experience to come straight in, the other is a level above where he needs to be for his progression.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2024, 08:31:40 PM »
I hope Marshall doesn’t turn out to be another Gnabry who hardly had a kick with us but who is now starring for Bayern Munich

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2024, 08:33:50 PM »
I hope Marshall doesn’t turn out to be another Gnabry who hardly had a kick with us but who is now starring for Bayern Munich

He made a handful of appearances for Arsenal who were more than happy to let him go. The problem with Gnabry was Gnabry not Pulis or Wenger. Once he got shown the door by them something seemed to click in his head and he started knuckling down.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2024, 08:56:09 PM »
One with international appearances, over 50 games for Celtic inc a couple in the Champions League not to mention a loan in Portugal and one with no more than 10 minutes in the 1st team.

You cannot compare the two, one has the experience to come straight in, the other is a level above where he needs to be for his progression.

I think the point is we entered January without a budget and cut our cloth accordingly. We’ve done incredibly well overall with recruitment in that window.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2024, 09:06:46 PM »
I think the point is we entered January without a budget and cut our cloth accordingly. We’ve done incredibly well overall with recruitment in that window.

It was a signing we didn't need and hopefully cost us very little

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2024, 09:26:50 PM »
Good luck to him. He just wasn’t ready for the demands of the Championship.

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2024, 09:57:05 PM »
Good luck to the lad, wouldn't bother me if he does go on and have a good career somewhere - he wasn't our player anyway!
Loan hasn't worked out. Gnabry's didn't either, or Sturridge, or Murphy but then you have the ups like a Lukaku, Barnes, Gayle, Johnston. 

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2024, 08:51:39 AM »
must mean Maja is pretty much fit then if we've let him go back

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2024, 12:23:01 PM »
Good luck to the lad, wouldn't bother me if he does go on and have a good career somewhere - he wasn't our player anyway!
Loan hasn't worked out. Gnabry's didn't either, or Sturridge, or Murphy but then you have the ups like a Lukaku, Barnes, Gayle, Johnston.
Agree. I would compare this signing with the likes of Yassine El Ghannasy who also didn't play for us. He was a speculative kid who for whatever reason failed with us. Context is key here. Not every loan signing will succeed or fail. It doesn't mean our scouting department are terrible or incredible either.