Author Topic: 17 Aug 2019 Luton Town 1 Albion 2  (Read 36072 times)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2019, 10:59:31 PM »
Bloody hell that Diangana looks some player  :o

Ridiculous goals but should've got an assist with Austin hitting the post, the turn/skill was unbelievable - and he defended well too.

Overall a good performance even though the first half was flat and similar to the Milwall game. My only gripe was Zohore still looks poor; i.e. bad runs and positioning. You can see he's trying and did some good stuff at times but I think we look far more threatening with Austin around.
Anyone think that we have a cat in hell's chance of signing him?

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #201 on: August 19, 2019, 12:15:47 AM »
As soon as I read Jones comment about "one of the teams being ex-PL..." I thought Prat. So glad he's not with us anymore.

Didn't get to hear the game because of travelling to work but glad we came back from a goal down. It shows grit and fight. Last year we had grit and fight but we were lacking an actual game plan. Now, the players seem free and it looks like they know what they're doing.

I like the way Slav keeps talking to the players publicly, especially the young ones. Psychologically that will do a lot for them.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #202 on: August 19, 2019, 07:45:07 AM »
Killjoy ......... two fantastic away days, and both well deserved wins.
I can't help it comes with the Baggies!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #203 on: August 19, 2019, 08:53:12 AM »
The build up play to Diangana's second 'lucky' goal was superb.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #204 on: August 19, 2019, 10:50:19 AM »
The build up play to Diangana's second 'lucky' goal was superb.

Yeah I didn't see the game, only the highlights, but I couldn't see where Jones was coming from with the 'lucky' goals comment. First one was a superb finish where a great bit of movement opened the angle for him and the second one was quick reaction to the ball bouncing around. I get the feeling with how Jones sets his teams up and his post match comments that he is quite delusional

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: August 19, 2019, 11:05:49 AM »
Yeah I didn't see the game, only the highlights, but I couldn't see where Jones was coming from with the 'lucky' goals comment. First one was a superb finish where a great bit of movement opened the angle for him and the second one was quick reaction to the ball bouncing around. I get the feeling with how Jones sets his teams up and his post match comments that he is quite delusional

I think Jones's mob will concede a fair few 'lucky' goals this year......

I don't wish ill on him but I think he will outstay his welcome at Luton quite quickly.
MAGA!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #206 on: August 19, 2019, 03:29:47 PM »

Diangana said in an interview that he had been taught to hit it low and hard, how many times do we see those sort of long range shots balloon into row z, maybe he can take some training sessions for the rest

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #207 on: August 19, 2019, 11:21:23 PM »
This is a brilliant point.

Bobby Charlton always said hit hard and low - you might still score with a deflection, or possibly find a team-mate. But hit it too high and you will NEVER score.

No-one has ever scored by hitting the ball too high, but keeping it low is another story.

Diangana said in an interview that he had been taught to hit it low and hard, how many times do we see those sort of long range shots balloon into row z, maybe he can take some training sessions for the rest

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #208 on: August 19, 2019, 11:50:25 PM »
How many times have I also said that?
Hard and low, get over the ball, and kick through it.
Just look at my "in game" quotes.
Thank "gawd" someone else has noticed.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2019, 09:45:22 AM »
The only advantage a keeper has is he can use his hands ,so hit it as far away from them as possible. Hard an low and on target is the hardest shot to stop.
If the box is crowded, it will likely get blocked, but there's always a chance of a deflection. Drives me mad when players get into space and lash it over the bar, especially in the dying seconds, you need a goal and the opposition defence is on the rack, just bang it into the box hard and low ffs!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2019, 10:56:08 AM »
And have players following the shot up, especially when it's raining and the ball's slippy.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2019, 11:25:39 AM »

I did DB, the one that made me laugh was your question about 'why are we shooting from outside the box?' , just before Grady came on and scored from outside the box....... :D

but I can confirm that, on occasion you have mentioned keeping the ball on the floor.

And to answer your other question, we have more chance of signing Harvey Barnes and Dwight Gayle on a free than buying Diangana........I think this is where Slaven uses his connections to maximum effect with his former employees.
MAGA!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2019, 03:35:50 PM »
I did DB, the one that made me laugh was your question about 'why are we shooting from outside the box?' , just before Grady came on and scored from outside the box....... :D

but I can confirm that, on occasion you have mentioned keeping the ball on the floor.

And to answer your other question, we have more chance of signing Harvey Barnes and Dwight Gayle on a free than buying Diangana........I think this is where Slaven uses his connections to maximum effect with his former employees.
In the box, you are narrowing down the angles and shortening the time for a goalkeeper to see and react to a shot.