Author Topic: Alan Pardew  (Read 642973 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Alan Pardew
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2017, 12:59:28 PM »
The club pay someone (Hammond and pals) a lot of money to make the most boring uninspiring predictable appointment. And before the usual comments when Pulis was up for dismissal not one person on here or anywhere else said ‘I reckon we should sack Pulis and get ‘Pards’ in’.

Tongue in cheek before anyone starts.......

Unlocks mobile.

Goes to contacts under former employees.

Steve Coppell - ripping it up in the Indian Super League, well out of our reach.

Brendan Rodgers - other side of the wall with a job for life if he wants it.

Brian McDermott - not even these dozy fkrs will swallow this one.

Nigel Adkins - as above.

Steve Clarke - they saw through him before I did.

Brian McDermott - they still won't be swallowing this one.

Alan Pardew - ah yes, the chap who was walking out of the revolving door when I was on my way in, I remember him now. Unemployed for 11 months (but I can't think why), no compensation, desperate for another go on the merry go round. Perfick.

Calls Pards, appoints Pards, tells Pards there's no funds for transfers beyond monies raised by sales, puts January transfer targets in the draw ahead of the summer recruitment drive.

Closes phone, puts feet up and asks secretary for a cup of coffee after another hard days work.

Job's a good 'un  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2017, 01:01:21 PM »
Hate to say it but...

I'll let you lot finish the sentence.

Purgatory, groundhog day, what a waste of 3 seasons grind.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2017, 01:03:15 PM »
can i finish that

Hate to say it ........... but I was wrong !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »
One thing I will say I've noticed is that looking at his record he generally stays at a club for a few years. He doesn't have the record of someone who is off/sacked every 5 minutes.

Now that we have a few games before January, it will give him chance to see where the talent is within the team and perhaps be able to identify the weaknesses in time to make one or two additions in January, while hopefully getting some points on the board.

Then there's the FA cup in January, so hopefully get a good cup run.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2017, 01:11:09 PM »
Very happy he is bringing Carver with him..

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2017, 01:23:54 PM »
Welcome to the club Pards!

Like most not exactly jumping around with excitement at the appointment but as soon as it became clear we were after a manager with premier league experience he was probably the best of the realistic ones we could get.

I think he will try and attack more and we cant exactly say we will be worse at the back for doing so because we are rubbish at the back nowadays anyway!

I know some fans saying we should be looking to build something, a long term project, etc but as an established premier league club (ie - business) it just wont happen, whoever the coach is whether its Pardew, Potter or Pep, when the owners think the team may be relegated they will make a change.

In previous years under likes of Mowbray the fans backed him because of the 'project' we were still yoyo-ing, now with the money in the league and with us being established for so long in the league, they just wont take a risk of losing that for some long term project, not just us, other clubs too, Ranieri won the league and was sacked within 6 months!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:27:27 PM by Albion79 »

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2017, 01:24:55 PM »

FFS who? Man United? Liverpool, Arsenal? Man City?

He's not going to get any of those jobs and other than nine or ten clubs Albion are as big as it gets in England.

Lets stop this small time mentality please. If fans talk us down what do they expect from everyone else?

Clean slate for Mr Pardew. Lets all unite and behind the club properly.

Well said mate. Apart from maybe Everton this is the biggest premiership opportunity he will get. If he does well he may end up England manager but I don't see a top 6 club taking him.

Here's hoping for a top 12 this season and maybe European football after that??!

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2017, 01:27:11 PM »
he's better than Pulis. I'm happy.  ;D

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2017, 01:33:16 PM »
Yes chap, the same boom and bust Alan Pardew who tends to lose his balance and fall from a cliff on the other side. In fairness I don't know what I expected either, just hoped we weren't going to continue with the Prem' merry go round. It's just so stale, unimaginative and bloody boring. Add Mr Carver and I'm distinctly underwhelmed.

Anyway, it is what it is.........COYfnBs  ;D  ;) .

Given what we have just been through, and the other managers who were 'available', I will accept any of what he has achieved tbh...

If I had invested £200m in a club, I would not be looking to gamble my cash on a bloke with no record but looks like a 'good un' for the future....
MAGA!

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2017, 01:46:06 PM »
Should see some attacking football at last! Maybe even chadli behind the striker! 8) ;D

crocodile007

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2017, 01:49:53 PM »
In all seriousness, I was literally at the point where I would have accepted anyone other than Pulis and despite what people may say there are FAR worse options out there. Overall, I see a manager who promotes attacking football, gives the cups a go and is extremely confident in his ability which can only rub off on the players. I think most people are against him as he comes across as a bit of a Tw@t - for me though I couldn't give a toss whether he dances, headbutt's someone or anything else. All i care about is bringing a bit of excitement and passion back and I think he will do this. All together now....

We've got "clap clap" Pardiola, We've got Pardiola, We've got Pardiola.  ;D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2017, 01:54:27 PM »
In all seriousness, I was literally at the point where I would have accepted anyone other than Pulis and despite what people may say there are FAR worse options out there. Overall, I see a manager who promotes attacking football, gives the cups a go and is extremely confident in his ability which can only rub off on the players. I think most people are against him as he comes across as a bit of a Tw@t - for me though I couldn't give a toss whether he dances, headbutt's someone or anything else. All i care about is bringing a bit of excitement and passion back and I think he will do this. All together now....

We've got "clap clap" Pardiola, We've got Pardiola, We've got Pardiola.  ;D

Cheers, that made me giggle.

Then I realised some of the blokes behind me may actually sing it.

This saddened me once more  :P  :'(  :P  :'(.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2017, 02:26:02 PM »
Sufficiently different from Pulis to give the place a new feel....which big Sam or either of the O'Neils wouldn't have done.

He may have some arrogance but he is also humble enough to admit it when he's behaved like an ars* on the touchline. He's also taken steps to control the meltdowns.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2017, 02:41:27 PM »
Best appointment we could have made given the decision to go for a manager with Prem experience.

Looking at his record I’m quite pleased. May even come back after Christmas.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

The Fish

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2017, 02:55:33 PM »
To hopefully put some of your minds at rest. I'm convinced Carver hasn't joined your club to set up coaching sessions, or provide any tactical acumen. I'm sure he's just at West Brom to be a liaison between the manager and the players.

Pardew will likely win you over early doors, and I hope for your sakes it keeps you up in the top flight, but you might soon be needing the #PardewOut fliers we made, and Palace photocopied.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2017, 02:58:49 PM »
To hopefully put some of your minds at rest. I'm convinced Carver hasn't joined your club to set up coaching sessions, or provide any tactical acumen. I'm sure he's just at West Brom to be a liaison between the manager and the players.

Pardew will likely win you over early doors, and I hope for your sakes it keeps you up in the top flight, but you might soon be needing the #PardewOut fliers we made, and Palace photocopied.
[/b]

can we have the next manager thread back please  :D
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2017, 03:09:47 PM »

Appreciate what you are saying Fish, but you have never been managed by Pulis, so its all good at the moment for some of us!

Did I read somewhere that you offered him an 8 year contract? You must have loved him at one stage as that is unheard of.....
MAGA!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2017, 03:11:30 PM »
Appreciate what you are saying Fish, but you have never been managed by Pulis, so its all good at the moment for some of us!

Did I read somewhere that you offered him an 8 year contract? You must have loved him at one stage as that is unheard of.....

Offered? He signed it I do believe, though this was driven by Ashley as opposed to it being anything to do with their fans

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2017, 03:13:39 PM »
The old Landon mafia !!
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2017, 03:14:58 PM »
Welcome Al
Not my first choice by any means but we really need to freshen things up and see some attacking football !
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2017, 03:17:47 PM »
Don't care what he has done or what he has not done in the past. Not a particularly exciting appointment but he is an experienced Premier League manager/coach and seems to have a different more attack based mindset than our last one, so that at least is a plus. He is said to usually do well at first, but falls quickly in the longer term so lets hope we are the club to buck this trend. Whatever he was he is ALBION now so for the time being he gets my full support. Welcome Mr Pardew and good luck !

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2017, 03:31:14 PM »
I'm just relieved we've dodged alot of bullets in the form of Allerdyce, the O'Neills (both of them), McLaren etc. The most important thing for me is that we will be taking the game more to the opposition and as he puts it, playing on the front foot. We have got alot of talent in the squad, but Pulis never got the best of them, because the first he looked for was workrate and defensive ability. I'm sure Messi would have struggled in a Pulis formation.
Not sure about Carver at all. From what he did as a manager doesn't inspire any confidence, but you've got to give a Head coach a free hand to work with those he feels most comfortable with.

I'm looking forward to Albion games again.  Actually trying to win football matches.
Good luck Alan. You deserve a proper chance.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2017, 03:38:42 PM »
Welcome and good luck! Not sure who some on here were expecting, Mourinho, Guardiola ,Ancelotti prehaps.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2017, 03:43:24 PM »
Bit of a strange day today, we don't even get top billing on the news front as 'Mr Bung' is going to Everton.

Also, both Pardew and Alladyce's previous club was Palace, and both have managed Newcastle and West Ham.......strange
MAGA!

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2017, 03:56:43 PM »
Bit of a strange day today, we don't even get top billing on the news front as 'Mr Bung' is going to Everton.

Also, both Pardew and Alladyce's previous club was Palace, and both have managed Newcastle and West Ham.......strange

As this article states, we are heading for a merry-go-round......

https://fansided.com/2017/11/29/alan-pardew-premier-league-entered-managerial-twilight-zone/