Author Topic: 14 Aug 2018 Albion 1 Luton Town 0 (Carabao Cup 1)  (Read 31054 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Team
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2018, 06:52:56 PM »

Subs: Bond, Gibbs, Bartley, Field/Harper, Gayle, Leko, Phillips
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Scruffy Stan

• Junior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2018, 07:34:18 PM »
I'm looking forward to us actually attacking a lower-league team, after seasons of bleah in the cups rather than going for it.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2018, 07:42:15 PM »

Subs: Bond, Gibbs, Bartley, Field/Harper, Gayle, Leko, Phillips
No Myhill in goal...Johnson has to play , just to sharpen up his command of the area.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2018, 08:43:16 PM »
I hope we can field a fairly strong team. I'm up for giving the young guns a chance, but I still want us to take it seriously, even if it's used to help fringe players get game time. It's still a useful match.

I really hope we don't get embarrassed at this one. It's a good chance for us to win big and build some more confidence and get a little run going.

QPR at the weekend, so maybe start some of the first teamers and make some changes at half time, to save legs for the weekend.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2018, 08:51:48 PM »
                          Myhill

Dawson     Bartley     Tosin     Townsend

Burke       Field       Barry       Chadli

Kanu      Gayle

I'd like to see Dawson, Chadli and Field back in to get their game time back. I think the youth of Field and experience of Barry could work quite well. Dawson and Burke could work well on the right together. Would love to see us smash a load of goals in to boost confidence.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2018, 09:16:08 PM »
                                        Johnstone

Adarabioyo    Dawson    Bartley      Townsend

Barry

Burke   Field      Morrison          Brunt

Gayle

mig

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2018, 10:12:41 PM »
Bond

Dawson
Adarabioyo
Bartley
Townsend

Harper
Field

Burke
Morrison
Leko

Edwards

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2018, 11:05:59 PM »
Bond

Dawson
Adarabioyo
Bartley
Townsend

Harper
Field

Burke
Morrison
Leko

Edwards
Edwards is more of a no.10 or a wide player than a central striker.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2018, 08:41:13 AM »
We are likely to need our full squad in a 46 game season so I would make some changes however I think it is important for us to start building partnerships so would use this game to do that. With our midfield, i'm not sure i'd be playing 442 however Big Dave seems to want to play that way so with that in mind, I would go with this:

Johnstone

Nyom
Bartley
Dawson
Townsend

Burke
Barry
Field
Chadli

Rodriguez
Gayle

Myhill, Adarabioyo, Hegazi, Livermore, Morrison, Barnes, Robson-Kanu

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2018, 09:47:56 AM »
                       Johnstone

Nyom         Dawson           Bartley           Townsend

Barry               Field

Philips/Chadli           Morrison               Burke

Gayle/HRK

I would look to give Dawson some minutes. If Chadli isn't close to leaving then I would look to play him aswell.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2018, 10:02:22 AM »
Gloucester. Seems the same each year, really need an extra train to Birmingham from The Hawthorns after the final whistle for night games, currently it's 21:47 and then the next one isn't until 20 past 10.

I have the 22.04 and the 23.07 to get back to Worcester, night League games will be a nightmare.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2018, 10:33:12 AM »
Who plays RB for the U23's? I would be tempted to give them a go. If not then the lad from Man City should come in. I know he looked dodgy against Forest, but still think he has some class about him, maybe put him in at CH anyway and hopefully boost his confidence.
The back 4 have been pretty gash so far so, whoever comes in must be staking a claim to a start on Saturday, same applies to the central midfield, hope DM sees it that way and not just a run out for the stiffs.
Up front, would like Gayle to start and hopefully see him get off the mark.

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2018, 10:39:44 AM »
Who plays RB for the U23's? I would be tempted to give them a go. If not then the lad from Man City should come in. I know he looked dodgy against Forest, but still think he has some class about him, maybe put him in at CH anyway and hopefully boost his confidence.
The back 4 have been pretty gash so far so, whoever comes in must be staking a claim to a start on Saturday, same applies to the central midfield, hope DM sees it that way and not just a run out for the stiffs.
Up front, would like Gayle to start and hopefully see him get off the mark.
Kane Wilson would have been the obvious back up right back option but he’s at Walsall now. With him gone the next in line is either pushing the young centre back Nathan Ferguson out there or Dan Meredith. They are both U-18s really so can’t imagine they are anywhere near ready.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2018, 10:44:53 AM »

Bond

Nyom                  Dawson                         Tosin               Townsend

Burke            Barry             Field           Phillips

Rodriguez

Gayle   

Subs: Myhill, Hegazi, Bartley, Morrison, Leko, Edwards, HRK

I've kept Nyom in despite him being dreadful so far this season.Hopefully he can put in a decent performance and get some confidence back.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2018, 11:04:13 AM »
I've probably missed about a dozen home games in all competitions since 1994 and travel away regularly. For the last couple of years the wife's had a home season ticket too and has also attended most of the Cup games. She was away at the weekend so I may give this one a swerve and ask her if she fancies going for a meal. My face will be an absolute picture if she says no and says she wants to go to the Albion on her own instead  :o ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2018, 11:30:13 AM »
I've probably missed about a dozen home games in all competitions since 1994 and travel away regularly. For the last couple of years the wife's had a home season ticket too and has also attended most of the Cup games. She was away at the weekend so I may give this one a swerve and ask her if she fancies going for a meal. My face will be an absolute picture if she says no and says she wants to go to the Albion on her own instead  :o ;D .

My missus would say " What am yow after "  :o
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2018, 12:27:29 PM »

Does she know we're playing? If not, don't tell her. Just take her out. Then when she sees the next day that we played you'll get extra brownie points. In my experience telling her (no matter how unostentatiously) that you have missed the match to take her out is a major no-no. Perceived fishing for brownie points / brownie blackmail inevitably leads to a net loss of brownie points, no matter how swanky the meal.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2018, 01:58:01 PM »
Does she know we're playing? If not, don't tell her. Just take her out. Then when she sees the next day that we played you'll get extra brownie points. In my experience telling her (no matter how unostentatiously) that you have missed the match to take her out is a major no-no. Perceived fishing for brownie points / brownie blackmail inevitably leads to a net loss of brownie points, no matter how swanky the meal.

She already knew we were playing so there's no chance to either accumulate or lose brownie points on this one. To be honest I'm massively overdrawn at the brownie point bank. And believe me when I say one evening out wouldn't make a jot of difference on that score  ;D .

As for the 'swanky meal' I was thinking more along the lines of a few tots with a curry and a carry out bottle of wine from the Co Op. Got to keep some money back as I've never been to an away day that paid for itself. Suppose I could always invite her to a few more away days so long as she pays for us both. Problem solved? Probably not.

Might be worth a try though  ;D  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2018, 05:37:02 AM »
Don't think I'd tinker too much from the start with the side , these are a decent outfit with goals all over them .
Get the game over then change a few.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2018, 10:04:48 AM »
Will this game be like the championship midweek games where you can watch any game through the red button now?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2018, 10:06:52 AM »
After a very quick calculation, there's about 14,773 tickets left.

Adult Prices go up to £15 after 12pm today (£10 before), U18's go up to £10 (£5) and U11's got up to £5 (£3)

pennington

• Baby Baggie

Are there any cup highlights programms ?
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2018, 10:56:04 AM »
As title ........ do they just do one match and no highlights, I could not find any?

macc_baggie

• Junior Baggie

Re: Are there any cup highlights programms ?
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2018, 11:06:46 AM »
I believe there is a league cup show on Quest.  Weds evening at 10:30.

pennington

• Baby Baggie

Re: Are there any cup highlights programms ?
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2018, 11:15:55 AM »
thanks

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

Tonights Attendance
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2018, 11:36:05 AM »
Would 10k be a good attendance?