Author Topic: 24th July 2018 Barnsley 2 Albion 3  (Read 12143 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: 24th July 2018 v Barnsley (A - Friendly)
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2018, 09:15:43 PM »
Cranie has replaced Bartley.

Albion nearly found a fourth - and Barnsley a third.

Rodriguez plays the ball just behind Robson-Kanu and Phillips can’t quite get on the end of it.

At the other end - and urged to shoot - Potts draws a quite brilliant, sprawling save from Bond.

What a match.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2018, 09:24:14 PM »
Rondon, ten touches so far, managed to give the ball away six times. Trotting around in a long shelved shirt. Barnsley break from our corner in the last minute, somehow look like Barcelona, completely tear us apart but fire it over from inside the box, would have been a great goal for them. FT 2-3. Our GK looked solid second half, Hegazi composed. Our midfield also had more threat breaking on them. Decent work out overall.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2018, 09:26:47 PM »
FT 2-3

Wow.

West Brom emerge victorious, but it would have been very different had Moore finished a sweeping move from the home side in te final game.

Excellent game and another win for Darren Moore.

Lots to please him on this performance.

Livermore was exceptional and Robson-Kanu a nuisance.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2018, 09:36:00 PM »
Was a good workout. Thought we got plenty out of it. Rodriguez and Livermore the worst of the bunch though JRod was out of position. Can't think of an excuse for Livermore who is just awful. Morrison looked a class above as did Brunt, Phillips, Hegazi and Dawson. Keeper recovered after an awful start and Barnes showed promise.

Pleased with that. Field in for Jake. Johnstone in goal. Rondon up front and Burke/Barnes for Rodriguez and I think that's comfortable automatic promotion.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2018, 09:40:45 PM »
Was a good workout. Thought we got plenty out of it. Rodriguez and Livermore the worst of the bunch though JRod was out of position. Can't think of an excuse for Livermore who is just awful. Morrison looked a class above as did Brunt, Phillips, Hegazi and Dawson. Keeper recovered after an awful start and Barnes showed promise.

Pleased with that. Field in for Jake. Johnstone in goal. Rondon up front and Burke/Barnes for Rodriguez and I think that's comfortable automatic promotion.

I think that is a lot closer to what i saw than Baggie79's post! I think Rodriguez looked better when played through the middle.

I find it odd that there was a game at Brentford that Barry, Burke, Johnstone and Leko played in yet Kyle Edwards got 1 minute here...hmmm. Also Kane Wilson allegedly played in both games!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2018, 10:07:00 PM »
Livermore was a lot better second half, passing improved immeasurably. One great switch to Phillips and worked hard. Decent work out for the team.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2018, 08:11:22 AM »
Judging by the comments it seems the game looked a lot better on a stream than in reality!

1st 20 mins we were shocking. Nyom was dreadful kept losing his man, backwards and sideways passing all the time. For the first goal Bond is pointing at their tiny number 11 and asking Nyom to mark him but Nyom just stared at him like he had no clue what he was talking about. 2nd goal was just as bad. Were we trying to zonal mark rather than man mark? Bartley looked very shaky first half, got better in the 2nd but have to say I'd rather we start with Dawson & Hegazi (if they are both still here come 4th August). Not really sure why Dawson was taken off at half time. I was certain Nyom would go off.

For the first 20-25 mins Barnsley played some nice stuff, lots of pass and movement at pace. Their number 11 in particular looked decent and certainly put himself about. The number 19 was quite moody and got a bit narky as the game wore on.

Good to see Morrison get a run out and along with Brunt, Dawson and Phillips was probably the only other one looking really up for it in the first half.

Rodriguez was out of position, he seemed to struggle at times and in the second half he should have been selfish and had a shot instead of trying to tee up Barnes. Overall though I thought Rodriguez stuck to his role and was decent. Gibbs was also steady, made a couple of errors but so did everyone else.

Thought Barnes looked lively when he came on. Rondon looked uninterested and I don't remember him really getting involved, he just sort of wandered about.

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

Re: 24th July 2018 Barnsley 2 Albion 3
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2018, 01:06:05 PM »
What a wide range of views!!!

Livermore was either woeful or wonderful!

Brunt either oap and past it or cruising and controlled!

Etc etc
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2018, 01:16:08 PM »
What a wide range of views!!!

Livermore was either woeful or wonderful!

Brunt either oap and past it or cruising and controlled!

Etc etc

cracks you up doesn't it!
Its amazing how entrenched peoples opinions become as well (I include myself before someone bites), It would do us all good to consider this before we criticise management I think, as they are human as well and will have their own prejudices / opinions / relationships to players.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2018, 08:03:35 PM »
Are there any highlights anywhere?

Ive had a search but couldnt find any

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2018, 08:16:34 PM »
Are there any highlights anywhere?

Ive had a search but couldnt find any
on the OS