Author Topic: 3 Mar 2018 Watford 1 Albion 0  (Read 61457 times)

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #400 on: March 05, 2018, 02:16:00 PM »
We were having a very similar discussion on the way back from the match last week. I feel that Evans is at a point where he realises his next move will be his last decent one, and when the big boys came knocking recently, he thought he was out the door. Ironically, that would have suited us better, as Dawson could have gone CB, and we could of gone and got a forward in with the cash.
Albion are at a crossroads in my my opinion, do we go along  in the current direction,with our short sighted mentality, striving to simply exist in the PL at the sake of all else, appointing short term coaches to utilize poor squads? If so, then I fear we will always have an open return ticket to ridicule and the championship.
Or we could begin to create our own, new destination, by giving ourselves a club method (like southampton etc)  where, from academy to first team we have a way of playing and processing players so they can be nurtured and moulded, able to fit it to positions with a fluidity as they progress through their ages.
This doesn't involve first team coaches, or whoever comes and goes,nor the circus that revolves around the PL, it's our own destiny and we have the tools there to do it,  but if you constantly set your targets low, and don't believe you can achieve anything, then you never will.
Our only hope to me, is to get a system like this in place, or we will never have a consistent base to work from and will continue to flounder indefinitely.

Totally agree, I would also look forward to a reformation of the club in the Championship along the lines you suggest but I have my doubts on the motivation and football nous of the current ownership. 
Pulisball works for a while until other managers suss him out.  It doesn't attract fans. It doesn't attract players who have to chase round all afternoon - what creative player wants to do that the entire game and watch the backs pump it over their heads to a lone forward?
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #401 on: March 05, 2018, 02:49:39 PM »
I couldn't make the game, bloody snow, but had this e-mail from a Watford fan.

Hi,
Did you get to the game OK?

You had a great following with plenty of  encouraging noise – to be honest I thought you deserved a draw but we also really did need the 3 points.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:36:50 PM by kc56wba »
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #402 on: March 05, 2018, 05:58:23 PM »
Well after a dodgie start to the day when the local trains into Town weren't running and I slipped and hurt my foot, me and the lad arrived in Brum via the bus. Good trip down on the train with mates and then into the pub for about 10:35 hrs. Had a right laugh with some old faces a few of whom I hadn't seen for a good while.

Went to The Flag outside the station, The White Lion where they provided us with free sandwiches on account of how many of us were there and then the Oddfellows. Oh, and there was a game. We had a bloody good shout, I danced like a loony to Da Rude with my injured foot while my 17 year old son looked on with a mixture of bemusement and embarrassment.

We left feeling more than a little deflated before I consoled myself with more alcohol in the Oddfellows after the game. Bought some cans for the train journey home to deaden the pain in my foot and the disappointment in my heart. Standing room only but it didn't really matter as we had a good laugh all the way back.

I don't confine my singing to when we win, typical away day really  ;D .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LODkVkpaVQA

COYB  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #403 on: March 05, 2018, 08:35:51 PM »
cheered me up that did!!

Those away days will still be the same in the championship.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #404 on: March 05, 2018, 08:43:56 PM »
Well after a dodgie start to the day when the local trains into Town weren't running and I slipped and hurt my foot, me and the lad arrived in Brum via the bus. Good trip down on the train with mates and then into the pub for about 10:35 hrs. Had a right laugh with some old faces a few of whom I hadn't seen for a good while.

Went to The Flag outside the station, The White Lion where they provided us with free sandwiches on account of how many of us were there and then the Oddfellows. Oh, and there was a game. We had a bloody good shout, I danced like a loony to Da Rude with my injured foot while my 17 year old son looked on with a mixture of bemusement and embarrassment.

We left feeling more than a little deflated before I consoled myself with more alcohol in the Oddfellows after the game. Bought some cans for the train journey home to deaden the pain in my foot and the disappointment in my heart. Standing room only but it didn't really matter as we had a good laugh all the way back.

I don't confine my singing to when we win, typical away day really  ;D .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LODkVkpaVQA

COYB  8) .

Smeth Dan thanks for that.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE