Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 462980 times)

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #675 on: November 15, 2017, 08:04:12 PM »
I used to wonder just how bitter and twisted so called supporters can become when things are not going to plan. This nonsensical post shows just how daft people can become.
To be fair to Albionic, this is pretty much a direct quote from Darren Fletcher when he was here. ???
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #676 on: November 15, 2017, 10:45:36 PM »
I used to wonder just how bitter and twisted so called supporters can become when things are not going to plan. This nonsensical post shows just how daft people can become.
Please explain why this is nonsensical as it has been reported that what I described is in fact a TP tactic
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #677 on: November 16, 2017, 07:28:30 AM »
In all fairness to Livermore, I will judge him when Pulis has gone.

His first half a dozen games for us, he looked like the mobile centre midfielder we had been waiting for - got around the pitch, and tried to push into the opposition half. Since then, he has become an absolute non entity of a midfield player, however is he a victim of the Pulis stranglehold???

Has never struck me as being England quality, and I don't think he ever will be, but I would like to see him in a non-Pulis Albion team and see whether his first month or so with us was a flash in the pan or a sign of what he can actually do!

Good point Ash, as with all of our players really.

Having read the Livermore thread, I notice that we have highlighted the fouls he committed. Another way of looking at it was that he broke play up. Its strange that when that Southampton player came waltzing through our midfield and defence the other week we all thought he should have been taken out at the half way line.........
MAGA!

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #678 on: November 16, 2017, 07:44:39 AM »
Michael Owen had the same opinion about TP's training methods too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLUuQaBkXcs

BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #679 on: November 16, 2017, 10:02:43 AM »
Michael Owen had the same opinion about TP's training methods too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLUuQaBkXcs
thanks for that Frank, I have seen this referenced a few times from different folks, couldn't bring to mind the sources though. damn this demensha
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #680 on: November 16, 2017, 02:57:39 PM »
Sorry, that clip does not confirm your original contention that, 'our coach does have his players practice punting the ball to areas of the pitch which are vacant to turn the opposition and to gain field position'.
It does confirm that that well known tactical genius Owen did not like playing 11 v 11 for an hour - nothing more.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #681 on: November 20, 2017, 06:19:39 PM »
Rested (dropped) today. Very pleased.
If yo are going to back a player when I have said something against him try and remember  your previous posts.Hypocrite

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #682 on: November 20, 2017, 06:58:58 PM »
If yo are going to back a player when I have said something against him try and remember  your previous posts.Hypocrite

I don't rate him but he won't be considered as dead wood as he only signed in January.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #683 on: December 26, 2017, 05:33:12 PM »
Let's hope him being subbed is the end of his time here, I think we might all agree on this
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #684 on: December 26, 2017, 05:53:51 PM »
Let's hope him being subbed is the end of his time here, I think we might all agree on this

Indeed, Sam Field is a different level.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #685 on: December 26, 2017, 05:59:59 PM »
Yes, I think views on Yacob, Krycho and Field aside, everyone will be in agreement that he is awful. Finally makes a couple of cracking tackles in this game, only to pass it straight back to them.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #686 on: December 26, 2017, 06:06:31 PM »
How much did we waste on him last January, £12m wasn't it? The money and wages spent on him, Barry, Greg & J-Rod would have been enough for a striker with real pedigree. Indictment on Pulis.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #687 on: December 26, 2017, 06:29:58 PM »
Shows how useless our national team is that he can get into the team. He doesn’t do anything good, even Paul Groves did the occasional good pass.... I think!

andibaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #688 on: December 26, 2017, 07:18:19 PM »
Shows how useless our national team is that he can get into the team. He doesn’t do anything good, even Paul Groves did the occasional good pass.... I think!

Scott Darton was heard singing 'If he can play for England so can I' from the back of the Halfords.
Baggiessssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #689 on: December 26, 2017, 08:47:34 PM »
I can see why he is in the team, but he is a poor footballer.

He harasses and chases the ball down and forces turn overs. This was shown at the end of the first half when he won the ball halfway inside the Everton half.

He just lacks footballing ability. As shown by the fact he just passed the ball straight back to Everton!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:33:58 PM by MarkW »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #690 on: December 26, 2017, 08:49:19 PM »
I can see why he is in the team, but he is a poor footballer.

He harasses and chases the ball down and forces turn overs. This was shown at the end of the second half when he won the ball halfway inside the Everton half.

He just lacks footballing ability. As shown by the fact he just passed the ball straight back to Everton!

Pulis type player!
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #691 on: December 26, 2017, 09:00:44 PM »
Scott Darton was heard singing 'If he can play for England so can I' from the back of the Halfords.

I heard Barry Cowdrill saying the same.

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #692 on: December 26, 2017, 09:37:22 PM »
Absolutely dreadful footballer. He might be big and strong and knows where to stand on the pitch, but when the ball is at his feet, you know it will either be a two yard pass backward or given away. I hope he doesn't start another game for us in the premier league - he's a symptom of everything wrong with this shower.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #693 on: December 26, 2017, 10:04:54 PM »
Whether people rate him or not, there is no need for sarcastically cheering him being subbed, ridiculous and embarrassing. Don't think he is performing well but I do believe he is trying.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #694 on: December 26, 2017, 10:05:49 PM »
I think he's in the team for his workrate. He covers alot of ground over 90 minutes when maybe others are tiring. However, I think he is best at closing opposition players down rather than as a creative player. He is better playing in a Yacob role or maybe converted into a centre back.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #695 on: December 26, 2017, 10:13:22 PM »
Whether people rate him or not, there is no need for sarcastically cheering him being subbed, ridiculous and embarrassing. Don't think he is performing well but I do believe he is trying.
hope pardew heard what the crowd thought because he`s blinded by this poor english international,{southgate you have got a lot to answer for}

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #696 on: December 26, 2017, 10:20:11 PM »

Delighted that happened. Sends a message to both the manager and the player. Woeful.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #697 on: December 26, 2017, 11:12:23 PM »
I have kept quiet on him up till now.
He hasn't made the grade, so should not be an Albion player, let alone a starter.
Gives to ball away too easy and too often.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #698 on: December 26, 2017, 11:26:46 PM »
hope pardew heard what the crowd thought because he`s blinded by this poor english international,{southgate you have got a lot to answer for}

Delighted that happened. Sends a message to both the manager and the player. Woeful.

I'm sure it really helped the already shattered confidence of the team. Well done gents.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #699 on: December 26, 2017, 11:29:19 PM »
I'm sure it really helped the already shattered confidence of the team. Well done gents.

Yeah, I don’t rate Livermore at all but I don’t get anyone that would agree with sarcastic cheers and clapping. Terrrible ‘support’, something you definitely don’t need when in a relegation battle.