Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie  (Read 473910 times)

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

Peter Odemwingie
« on: February 20, 2011, 03:05:29 PM »
For some reason Pete was played on the right wing today, I just cant understand it personally. It was like playing with both Brunt and Pete on the right wing and being short in the middle?
Gera, Gera, Gera

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

Re: Peter Odemwingie
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 03:53:02 PM »
He used to be played there when he was at Moscow, I think. It was so that Brunt could go back deeper into midfield to defend. Effectively, we just went back to 4-5-1 when defending.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 03:58:04 PM »
He used to be played there when he was at Moscow, I think. It was so that Brunt could go back deeper into midfield to defend. Effectively, we just went back to 4-5-1 when defending.

Trouble with is that Brunt cant defend so why not play Reid in the center if that was the idea behind it?
Gera, Gera, Gera

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 04:06:25 PM »
Trouble with is that Brunt cant defend so why not play Reid in the center if that was the idea behind it?

Then we would probably lose a bit of our attacking edge. It's just to do as much as we can defensively with a good attacking force.
WestBromwichAlbion

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 04:49:28 PM »
For some reason Pete was played on the right wing today, I just cant understand it personally. It was like playing with both Brunt and Pete on the right wing and being short in the middle?

It was definitely a 442 for the first 65 minutes. Odemwingie has a tendancy to drift out wide but his starting point was definitely through the middle. When Vela came on we seemed to move towards a 443 with Odemwingie then positioned more on the right.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 04:52:17 PM »
Im not a fan of playing our strikers on the wing however i did think the way we repeatedly switched vela and pete from wing to up top was quite clever
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

DozzaIsKing

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 07:02:51 PM »
Prepare to see him played there on more than one occasion under Roy. Going to be enormously frustrating as this normally means Fortune will be played up top, and if his performance today was anything to go by, we don't stand a chance.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 07:17:26 PM »
Odemwingie can play on the wing - he does it for Nigeria and has done it for other club sides.

Today though it didnt work out for him. He needs to get used to having a striker partner because he has looked lost for the last 2 games but hopefully he can adapt quickly with more training sessions to practice in.
Boing Boing

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 07:21:34 PM »
I think if Roy is going to use 4-4-2 I think wingers in the sense that we have used them this season may be sacrificed going forward.

I think he'll want the left and right midfielders to be much tighter to the central midfielders to be a stronger unit against better teams' midfielders or against a poorer teams'5 man midfield. Hence the change of Morrison for Thomas in the second half today.
Twitter: @floydy1983

Cunningham56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 02:14:10 AM »
He has now scored 10 Premiership goals, and is joint 7th in the Premier League Top Scorers list.

1   Dimitar Berbatov - 20
2   Carlos Tevez - 18
3   Darren Bent - 11
4   Andy Carroll - 11
5   Kevin Nolan - 11
6   Robin van Persie - 11
7   Clint Dempsey - 10
8   Didier Drogba - 10
9   Javier Hernandez - 10
10   Peter Odemwingie - 10

Our current best record for most goals scored from a single player in a Premier League season was Robert Earnshaw, who scored 11 goals in the 2004/05 season and was 12th overall in the rankings.

With 8 games left this season, Odemwingie should get at least 2 more, and beat the record, surely?

Either way it's nice to see one of our lads up there, and joint 7th is not bad at all.

boinginoz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 05:52:08 AM »
He has now scored 10 Premiership goals, and is joint 7th in the Premier League Top Scorers list.

Our current best record for most goals scored from a single player in a Premier League season was Robert Earnshaw, who scored 11 goals in the 2004/05 season and was 12th overall in the rankings.

With 8 games left this season, Odemwingie should get at least 2 more, and beat the record, surely?

Either way it's nice to see one of our lads up there, and joint 7th is not bad at all.

that's very impressive, nice one PETE!!! Boing boing!!! 8)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 07:47:09 AM »
Fair play to the lad.

Top striker.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 08:11:05 AM »
According to the BBC he's actually scored 1 more than Drogba...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/top_scorers/default.stm

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 01:28:12 PM »
Just think if he banged in a couple in one game he could be 3rd top scorer!

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 01:41:58 PM »
Just think if he banged in a couple in one game he could be 3rd top scorer!

How have you worked that one out?  ;) ;D

greggy8689

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »
Not bad for a winger. Nice to see no Kevin Doyle in there after the group of Wolves fans I was talking to the other week claimed that Odemwinge wasn't even in the same league as Doyle   :) :)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 03:17:58 PM »
I am pleased to see Odemwinge hit double figures for this season, I hope he can get to fifteen now.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »
I am pleased to see Odemwinge hit double figures for this season, I hope he can get to fifteen now.
[/b]If he was to put as much effort in before he scores as he does after he scores he might very well
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 04:52:05 PM »
[/b]If he was to put as much effort in before he scores as he does after he scores he might very well
Dont you have to put effort in to score?  ;) Fair play to him as he has missed around 4/5 games too hasnt he? Anyway a 10+ goals a season striker for 2.5 million is as rare as white dog poo these days so well done our scouting team, and well done Pete; first season and 10 goals in a struggling team aint bad going at all son!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 05:20:02 PM »
We wanted a 10 goal striker, that's exactly what we got :).

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 05:22:25 PM »
Certainly got our moneys worth with him, he's certainly a miss when he isn't around. If we provide him the service and he continues to show the effort he can he could hopefully get a few more

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 05:39:02 PM »
Deserves every last goal he gets, fantastic player imo who gives his all in every game he plays.

Keep it up pete
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

baggie_1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 07:50:30 PM »
very happy for him, hes only one of a few players that i believe gives everything in the games he plays.
AND ITS 5 FOR THE BAGGIES...BOING BOING TAKE THAT

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 08:04:37 PM »
Does this make him our highest goalscorer for a premier league season or did Earnie get more, I cant remember ?
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Perrybarrbaggy

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 08:07:25 PM »
I didnt realise nolan had that many goals, but then again, a 60k a week attacking midfielder needs to be getting goals

Odemwingie has been terrific this season, he had a bad patch (but considering he played in russia and the world cup) i can see why he had a little bad patch

It's brilliant to see that he's got 10 goals, he'll be dissapointed he hasnt got about 15 i think! because he's missed about a dozen or so easy chances