West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: What will we be left with?
« Last post by mulliganstired on Today at 06:29:16 PM »
Don’t think your far off although I think even Mozza may want our, Gabr has actually got to play if we are intending on activating the clause to buy him and for me Myhill has got to go, also think we may be able to hold on to Jrod. I also think Hegazi May have some suitors but we can make a tidy profit on him. Those people thinking Dawson will stay think again, he has had enough interest in the past.

Out of interest who would people target to bring in?
Yes, Dawson will be off to Burnley or similar.

Hopefully Barry will cancel his contact by mutual agreement and retire, can't see him wanting chump footie for hislast season, he's much too big time charlie for that.
General Football & Sports / Re: Ostersunds FK - Graham Potter
« Last post by Dan87uk on Today at 04:38:46 PM »
Great result for them at the Emirates (despite ultimately being knocked out).

Safe to say I was one of the main advocates banging the drum for us to go and get Potter - Still stand by that and hope we consider him in the future (whether that be sooner or later depending what goes down during the next few weeks/months with our league status etc)
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: What will we be left with?
« Last post by seteefeet on Today at 12:18:56 PM »
Really not sure this will be the case, why will everyone be rushing to sign players who have us rooted to the bottom of the league?

I think Gibbs, Evans, Chadli and Rondon are the main 4 teams would be interested in and perhaps Dawson/Livermore if someone like Burnley want them I can't see the rest drumming up too much interest.
I think it is the case though mate, or at least the players believe it to be so and that's one of the reasons we are going down. None of the players are accepting responsibility.
If there are no consequences of doing something wrong, there is no incentive to put it right. To put that in context of our plight, any player that believes he will be playing Premiership football next year regardless, has no incentive to try and keep us up.
I would say all of the following fit this category:
Evans
Chadli
Livermore
Gibbs
Phillips
Rondon
Rodriguez

Of those, only Rondon, seems committed to the cause, the rest are just going through the motions.

Add to that, Barry, Macauley, Myhill and Yacob are probably done at this level and Greg and Sturridge will go back, it just leaves:

Foster
Dawson
Nyom
Hegazi
Brunt
Morrison
Burke
McLean
Field

Of these, only Foster, Hegazi and Dawson are playing on a regular basis and it's no coincidence that they are among our most passionate and consistent performers. We simply have too many starters who have no real incentive to keep us up.

West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Salomon Rondon
« Last post by tuamigos on Today at 12:00:06 PM »
I would say thats down to better support & better service i think.

Which has been developed by AP
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Best goal ever
« Last post by kc56wba on Today at 11:29:06 AM »
Ipswich Town in the league cup and the season was 1969/70. Scored at the Smethwick End.
Now that is up there with the best ever goal.
Next Match Forum - 24/02 Huddersfield Town (H) / Re: Pre Match Chat
« Last post by Albion79 on Today at 10:57:11 AM »
I think the last few games of the Pulis era were sombre but since then by and large the support has been very good in terms of numbers and backing.

We have been a joke on the pitch yet the team still get backed well, we arent a newly promoted club where its all new and happy to be here, we are an established premier league club who are a bit of a laughing stock.

Even the cup match i thought the fans backed the players, especially considering what happened in the few days previous.

The players put in non performances under Pulis, they are repeating the pattern under Pardew and yet the fans still back them, although Pulis and Pardew are far from blameless, i think the players are far and away the most to blame and they need to sort themselves out, starting tomorrow because they may just have time to get us out the mess they have put is in.
« Last post by StreetlyBaggie on Today at 10:22:14 AM »
Ipswich Town in the league cup and the season was 1969/70. Scored at the Smethwick End.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Salomon Rondon
« Last post by geoff on Today at 09:51:41 AM »
Don’t think anyone can argue he looks a different player under Pardew (one thing AP has done at least). His form since Pulis went has improved drastically, actually looks more of a goal threat

I would say thats down to better support & better service i think.
« Last post by liverbaggie on Today at 09:45:25 AM »
Anyone mentioned Bobby Hope's free kick ,I think in a league cup match,can't remember who against,but all opposition players were standing on the goal line and Sir Bobby still scored,it was at the hawthorns and i thought it was a great goal from arguably our greatest midfielder.Can't remember which year, help me guys please.
Next Match Forum - 24/02 Huddersfield Town (H) / Re: Pre Match Chat
« Last post by SmethDan on Today at 09:44:55 AM »
Nowhere else to post this at the mo' (Sorry Mods).

Quick heads up for Bournemouth away.

Tickets currently on sale to HSTH's and go on sale to members from Monday 26th Feb'.

Allocation of 1,325.

Currently 221 available with the last small block yet to go on sale.

Original press release from the OS:

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/february/ticket-info-for-cherries-trip/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10