West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Next Manager Thread
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 10:52:49 AM »
To all those who are looking at Mcinnes as a potential replacement could you answer me 2 things...

What has he done in his managerial career to demonstrate he is goid enough to manage a Premier League side?

If he didn't have history with our club, would you still be looking at him as a potential TP replacement? If so please explain the reasons.

I find this one baffling.

Totally agree with you on this one.
 I get that he was a valuable player for us and a good captain but that doesn't make him a good manager at this level. Bryan Robson springs to mind.
 If he'd have done more with Aberdeen in Europe  then I think there could be more of an argument for him but He's never got Aberdeen into the Europa league proper.  He has managed to keep the 2nd strongest side in Scotland second without ever really worrying Celtic, not that much of an achievement.

Didn't really do anything with Bristol City in the Championship and had a 27% win ratio with them.
« Last post by hardtobeat on Today at 10:50:47 AM »
Whoever our new manager is needs to tap in the extra bonus points they have with fans for simply not being Pulis.

Assuming the new manager is in place for the next home game, whoever it is the atmosphere should be a lot more upbeat than for ages, if we attempt to win games, could get a couple of wins too (very feasible with Newcastle, Palace and Swansea) i think the whole mood will change, like i say with a lot of that mood change being, its not Pulis!

On a side note and as he is supposedly a candidate, anybody on twitter, i would recommend the Big Sam parody account, its @TheBig_Sam, although its a complete p***take  a lot of the things said you could imagine him doing and in a weird way i like him more for it!
The board also need to tap into these bonus points as we'll as realising they wil soon evaporate with the appointment of  one of the usual suspects. Unfortunately it would seem the only way we are ever going to get a younger more dynamic top Mani's by getting relegated and giving a new face a blank sheet of paper
« Last post by kc56wba on Today at 10:50:05 AM »
My Missus was planning to start coming to the games with me but has just said she will never step inside the Hawthorns if Sam Allardyce becomes manager.  Guess who I want as manager. ;D
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Tony Pulis
« Last post by VANDERLEI on Today at 10:47:55 AM »
Enjoyed the success !!! What success ..?? I take it your a masochist

10th place isn't a succesful season? 13th and 14th in comparison to 17th the season before he took over is also success. I'm not a masochist (although it has felt like that at times), I just classify the clubs success as being way more important than my own selfis need to be entertained. I tried explaining to my 10 and 8 year old daughters the otherday how WBA is more than just watching sport.... it's my religion! If I have to suffer Pulisball for the good of the club then so be it!
« Last post by ex coseley kid on Today at 10:46:13 AM »
The whole point of appointing him is because of his links with club.

To me, it'd be a bit like appointing Bryan Robson.
« Last post by TheJacko2000 on Today at 10:41:31 AM »
To all those who are looking at Mcinnes as a potential replacement could you answer me 2 things...

What has he done in his managerial career to demonstrate he is goid enough to manage a Premier League side?

If he didn't have history with our club, would you still be looking at him as a potential TP replacement? If so please explain the reasons.

Nothing and No. You're not the only one...
« Last post by BB74 on Today at 10:40:46 AM »

The whole point of appointing him is because of his links with club.
« Last post by Albion79 on Today at 10:39:26 AM »
Whoever our new manager is needs to tap in the extra bonus points they have with fans for simply not being Pulis.

Assuming the new manager is in place for the next home game, whoever it is the atmosphere should be a lot more upbeat than for ages, if we attempt to win games, could get a couple of wins too (very feasible with Newcastle, Palace and Swansea) i think the whole mood will change, like i say with a lot of that mood change being, its not Pulis!

On a side note and as he is supposedly a candidate, anybody on twitter, i would recommend the Big Sam parody account, its @TheBig_Sam, although its a complete p***take  a lot of the things said you could imagine him doing and in a weird way i like him more for it!
« Last post by AidantheBaggies on Today at 10:39:08 AM »

Agree....but no need to worry, i've been told he isnt being considered.
« Last post by Hull Baggie on Today at 10:38:27 AM »
Tim Sherwood twice came within an ace of being appointed our manager. Could this be third time lucky? His spell at Swindon won't have done him any favours but I prefer him to most names mentioned on this thread - and he wouldn't cost a king's ransom either.

Or the fact he was poor at Villa. Yes he got them into a cup final but he was poor in the league.

He looked good at Spurs but given the quality of their players anyone would have looked good at Spurs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10