West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: 46 Goals -
« Last post by beechyboy90 on Today at 03:38:36 AM »
I much prefer being competitive in the Championship than being uncompetitive in the Premier League. However once the parachute payments have gone it is much more difficult to sustain that edge.

Generally the Championship is a great place to visit but we probably don't want to live here permanently. Looking at the league's longest residents Ipswich, Leeds, Derby and Nottingham Forest. It is only Derby who have generally been competing at the top of the league and for the most part the others have generally been among the also rans. Mid table mediocrity in the championship is probably no more or less fulfilling than mid table mediocrity in the Premier League. Yes the one is very much more lucrative than the other but as a fan I don't get any benefit or enjoyment from watching us struggle in the Premier League compared to us competing at the top of the Championship.

However whatever league we are in I want us to at least try to play attacking football. What this season has proved is the total and utter futility of playing pig ugly football to grind out 40 points in the Premier League just to survive. If the price of being the Premier League is playing gut wrenchingly negative football then I am absolutely not interested.   

Spot on sir.
I had no problem with the so called "yoyo years" rather us go up and try and play attractive football then sit there trying not to lose. We proved we can get results doing it as we did at times under Roy and the start of the Clarke era we defiantly were footballing sides off the park.
General Football & Sports / Re: Tony Pulis
« Last post by beechyboy90 on Today at 03:32:38 AM »
Wish he would go ruin somebody like villa or West Ham or even derby.
« Last post by 17GD on Today at 02:07:28 AM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one who had grief from boro fans when we lost to them. I'm sat here smiling at their comments. One person on twitter said he wishes he could find the wba fan he argued with because now he'd like to apologise.  :P
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: 46 Goals -
« Last post by Standaman on Today at 01:10:05 AM »
I much prefer being competitive in the Championship than being uncompetitive in the Premier League. However once the parachute payments have gone it is much more difficult to sustain that edge.

Generally the Championship is a great place to visit but we probably don't want to live here permanently. Looking at the league's longest residents Ipswich, Leeds, Derby and Nottingham Forest. It is only Derby who have generally been competing at the top of the league and for the most part the others have generally been among the also rans. Mid table mediocrity in the championship is probably no more or less fulfilling than mid table mediocrity in the Premier League. Yes the one is very much more lucrative than the other but as a fan I don't get any benefit or enjoyment from watching us struggle in the Premier League compared to us competing at the top of the Championship.

However whatever league we are in I want us to at least try to play attacking football. What this season has proved is the total and utter futility of playing pig ugly football to grind out 40 points in the Premier League just to survive. If the price of being the Premier League is playing gut wrenchingly negative football then I am absolutely not interested.   
« Last post by east-stand-nick on Yesterday at 10:23:14 PM »
"Think I’m officially Pulis out. Woeful. Sick of watching awful football week in, week out. I just want a team that turns up, and wants to win the game of football."

Killing the love for the club of another set of fans.
« Last post by frazzle on Yesterday at 10:22:53 PM »
Magnificent
« Last post by barnestormer on Yesterday at 10:21:03 PM »
It takes a bit of time but eventually every team he inherits and gets hold of get pulised,Boros biggest mistake was in sacking Monk
« Last post by GREGMT on Yesterday at 09:50:26 PM »
Crap team Crap manager. 
« Last post by gavinrussell on Yesterday at 09:50:18 PM »
Definitely on borrowed time..the Boro message boards are vitriolic compared to how ours were ..
« Last post by east-stand-nick on Yesterday at 09:47:47 PM »
Great chance to make a semi-final, ends up losing at home to League One opposition.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10