Author Topic: 24 Aug 2019 Derby County 1 Albion 1  (Read 35779 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

24 Aug 2019 Derby County 1 Albion 1
« on: August 13, 2019, 11:21:23 PM »
Derby County v West Bromwich Albion

Saturday 24th August 2019 12.30pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 11:22:42 PM »

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 11:23:51 PM »

Please use this board for all your Pre Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 11:29:49 PM »

PRICES

Allocation: 1,812 (3,000 if required)

£33 Adults, £22 Seniors 65+, £24 18-21, £18 13-17, £11 2-12

SALE DATES

Away Season Ticket Holders - Monday July 29
Home Season Ticket Holders Online - Wednesday July 31
Home Season Ticket Holders Online/ In Person/ Phone - Monday August 5
Members Online - Monday August 12
Members Online/ In Person/ Phone - Monday August 12
General Sale - Wednesday August 14

For upto date ticket info
CLICK HERE

MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 25 POSTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OFFER TICKETS FOR SALE OR REQUEST TO BUY TICKETS ON WESTBROM.COM.
 ANYONE IGNORING THAT RULING WILL HAVE THEIR POST REMOVED.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 01:17:39 PM »
Not going, £33 when we'll be charging them twenty at ours.

I wouldn't be going to watch Derby County and don't fancy paying more than twice what it costs me to see Albion via my HST. And even though fairly local (ish) I absolutely hate 12:30 kick offs. They're inconvenient and never feel right. Only put up with it last season because it was our final away game and everybody kicked off at the same time so we were all in the same boat.

Derby County (money grabbing b@rstew@rds) and Sky (for the urine taking inconvenience they routinely cause) can get stuffed for this one. Unimpressed, I'm officially flouncing and voting with my wallet with a view to picking and choosing my away days for the rest of the season. I can see me missing quite a few.

Although I've done the vast majority of away days in all competitions for yonks I've never had an away season ticket. Gave some thought to one this time around but decided against it given the way we were mucked about last season. So glad I didn't bother. It's a real pity as I love away days but I'm becoming increasingly vexed.

What's that noise? My kidneys breathing a sigh of relief  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 04:43:26 PM »
I am going. I'm in that block with 510 tickets remaining. Billy no mates as usual.  ;D

Who else is going?

Our recent record against Derby isn't good in fact they are starting to become really annoying. We need to turn these over and put them in their place.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 04:58:10 PM »
I am going. I'm in that block with 510 tickets remaining. Billy no mates as usual.  ;D

Who else is going?

Our recent record against Derby isn't good in fact they are starting to become really annoying. We need to turn these over and put them in their place.
I'll be there mate, hoping that we can do them over, but they seem to always be able to turn us over lately. 
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 05:48:12 PM »

Who else is going?

Yeah I'm going not sure where I'm sat though.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 02:59:19 PM »
How many we sold for this, are we having the larger allocation?

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 10:19:19 AM »

I think we have sold just over two thousand so far. £33 a ticket,  game on tv a pretty decent effort.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

throstle

• Youth Baggie

Commentary
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 11:43:17 AM »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 02:15:43 PM »

We've been given 800 extra tickets.

Considering the game is live on Sky, 12,30 kick off and the tickets ain't cheap taking over 2,000 I think is not bad at all.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2019, 04:32:49 PM »
i am going but expect a sell out if the fans are to be as serious as we want the players to be this year.

yes its 12:30 ko but its an hour away.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 05:26:40 PM »
i am going but expect a sell out if the fans are to be as serious as we want the players to be this year.

yes its 12:30 ko but its an hour away

People have all manner of reasons for not attending this game. For me the 12:30 hrs kick off is part of a bigger picture regarding fixture changes generally. Ally that to £33 and a mid day kick off for the second season in a row when it's £20 for them at ours and I'm out. If others wish to go then fair play to them but my mind's made up. Would I go later in the season if there was more on it than currently? Possibly, but for now the sponds are staying in my pocket.

Having missed about four games in all competitions home and away over the last five or six seasons I'd say I'm serious about the Albion and promotion this season too. I'm choosing to bin off the next four away fixtures because of spiraling general costs and the faff about factor created by TV and match day scheduling though. Leeds away last season was £38 for the match ticket (while on TV), £6.90 to get to West Brom, £20 coach and then a £20 taxi back from West Brom and I'd probably be looking at the same again this time around. That's £84.90 before we even get to beers which I've cut down on considerably.

My finances aren't what they were but once I've recouped some dough I'll be back on the road again and hope to be there for Boro away. I went through well in excess of £2,300 following the Albion away last season, and that's before we get onto tickets and coach etc for my lad (Ed: or five away days for the wife) . Never confuse non attendance over a few fixtures for not being serious. I'm deadly serious that I'm sick and tired of being taken for a mug and paying through the nose for the privilege. And no I won't be going to the pub to watch it either, naughty word Sky TV.

Enjoy your day out.

(Double ed: Saving money hand over fist, I should've done this picking and choosing malarkey years ago!)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 10:21:47 AM by SmethDan »

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Match Officials
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2019, 05:41:33 PM »
Ref : Gavin Ward
Assistants: Mark Pottage & Sam Lewis
4th Official Ross Joyce

Reffed our 0-0 at Reading last season
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 05:44:37 PM by Hull Baggie »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2019, 06:32:44 PM »
Gavin Ward (Surrey) stats so far this season

Games: 2

Total Cards:   
Yellow: 6
Reds: 1
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 10:32:18 AM »
People have all manner of reasons for not attending this game. For me the 12:30 hrs kick off is part of a bigger picture regarding fixture changes generally. Ally that to £33 and a mid day kick off for the second season in a row when it's £20 for them at ours and I'm out. If others wish to go then fair play to them but my mind's made up. Would I go later in the season if there was more on it than currently? Possibly, but for now the sponds are staying in my pocket.

Having missed about four games in all competitions home and away over the last five or six seasons I'd say I'm serious about the Albion and promotion this season too. I'm choosing to bin off the next four away fixtures because of spiraling general costs and the faff about factor created by TV and match day scheduling though. Leeds away last season was £38 for the match ticket (while on TV), £6.90 to get to West Brom, £20 coach and then a £20 taxi back from West Brom and I'd probably be looking at the same again this time around. That's £84.90 before we even get to beers which I've cut down on considerably.

My finances aren't what they were but once I've recouped some dough I'll be back on the road again and hope to be there for Boro away. I went through well in excess of £2,300 following the Albion away last season, and that's before we get onto tickets and coach etc for my lad (Ed: or five away days for the wife) . Never confuse non attendance over a few fixtures for not being serious. I'm deadly serious that I'm sick and tired of being taken for a mug and paying through the nose for the privilege. And no I won't be going to the pub to watch it either, naughty word Sky TV.

Enjoy your day out.

(Double ed: Saving money hand over fist, I should've done this picking and choosing malarkey years ago!)

i completely understand your point and i am in the same boat throughout the season as i go to around 12 away games a year so it is costly.

however, there will be many fans in our position, but for a saturday ko, yes its on sky and dinner time but an hour away we should be taking 2,600 there. the reason i say that, is because of our home support is in excess of 20,000 and our away support is very good along with the football we now play under billic is easy to notice from last season and we have started with 3 good results in the league. i would completely not go or understand anyone else not going if it was say a boro or cardiff on a saturday dinner time ko.

£33 a ticket is a lot and to enable me to have the finances for other away games, i am driving saturday. £20 there and back diesel, £33 ticket, and 2 pints and a pie before the game ill be out and back by 4pm and cost £65ish.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 11:07:04 AM »
.......£33 a ticket is a lot and to enable me to have the finances for other away games, i am driving saturday. £20 there and back diesel, £33 ticket, and 2 pints and a pie before the game ill be out and back by 4pm and cost £65ish.

Fair play but I don't drive at the moment. And I'm absolutely buggered if I'm going with the wife's idea of her giving me a lift and me giving her my debit card so she can go shopping in Derby city centre during the game. Some saving that would be  ;) .

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2019, 11:40:02 AM »
Fair play but I don't drive at the moment. And I'm absolutely buggered if I'm going with the wife's idea of her giving me a lift and me giving her my debit card so she can go shopping in Derby city centre during the game. Some saving that would be  ;) .

oh dear, would have to pass on that one !! ;D

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 12:35:59 PM »
Just a quick update on this one.

We have sold 1,954 tickets so far.

Remaining tickets: (658)

Block A     128
Block C       61
Block B     469

We've barely sold any tickets over the last few days, literally just selling the odd one here and there. Hopefully we'll manage to sell 2,000.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2019, 02:35:06 PM »
I'll be watching from a pub in the vicinity of Wembley Stadium. It's Challenge Cup Final day.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 12:41:00 PM »
Update:

We've moved through the 2,000 barrier now, 2,015 sold

Block A: 112
Block B: 442
Block C: 43

Remaining:  597

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2019, 04:35:22 PM »
Blocks A,K and J haven’t been put up for sale have they ?

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2019, 05:07:13 PM »
Blocks A,K and J haven’t been put up for sale have they ?
Can I refer you to our ticket guru Mr Atomic's message above about the number of tickets left in block A which would seem to indicate they are on sale  ;)
No mention of J or K though'
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2019, 05:26:13 PM »
Can I refer you to our ticket guru Mr Atomic's message above about the number of tickets left in block A which would seem to indicate they are on sale  ;)
No mention of J or K though'
COYB

Ticket guru  :D :D

It’s upper block A that hasn’t been released . The Lower one has