Author Topic: 30 Sept 2017 Albion 2 Watford 2  (Read 60346 times)

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #200 on: September 30, 2017, 05:02:03 PM »
How many times have we thrown a 2-0 lead under Pulis? I feel like we're terrible when we go 2 up
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

DivinePast

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #201 on: September 30, 2017, 05:02:21 PM »

What game was you watching, totally outplayed lucky to draw. That was dire viewing

How many quality chances did Watford have in the game? Yea they had the ball but it's not like Foster was getting battered.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #202 on: September 30, 2017, 05:03:11 PM »
31 to go....the Pulis Plan is still in free flow....😂

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #203 on: September 30, 2017, 05:03:38 PM »
Managed to watch on a stream without much interruption and I saw that result coming, Watford were much the better team in my opinion.

Looks like Pulis and/or the team has paid the penalty for seemingly trying to defend a lead in the second half. And when are these well-paid players going to learn how to pass to their teammates.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #204 on: September 30, 2017, 05:05:26 PM »
Apart from a 5 minute spell when we scored the 2 goals, we just conceded the game to Watford. No intent to take the game to a poor side at home, that Watford defence was a liability but we just sat off them for 90 mins and let them attack us. Our timewasting from the first half and throughout the game was as embarrassing as ever, I'd love a ref to call Pulis out on it one week and put up 10+ mins of added time.

Congrats to Watford for getting the point which was the least they deserved, how I long for a manager like Marco Silva. I was offered a free ticket for today, over the moon I refused it.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: September 30, 2017, 05:06:41 PM »
God that's the worst, literally seconds left, it doesn't get any worse than that.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #206 on: September 30, 2017, 05:09:23 PM »
We let them have the ball? Why the surprise? The 3 substitutions didn't help but we were far the more dangerous side and the free kick they equalised from wasn't a foul and came after the 4 added minutes.

Unlucky overall. I'd like to see that team with Nyom in for Dawson and Chadli for Rodriguez going forward.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2017, 05:12:56 PM »
It was never a foul and that Richarlison was the softest player I've ever seen, as Lawro would have put it "he was a big Jessy". It was never a freekick and he was trying it all game long (fair play to Deeney though who could have dived for a penalty but instead got on with it).

Overall I thought we were quite poor though and in some ways didn't deserve to win. I'd probably put McAuley back in which is harsh on Hegazi as he doesn't deserve to be dropped but we seem more assured with him around.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2017, 05:14:18 PM »
that how the flip has that happened on tones face when Watford equalised was comical, it happened because we sat back and invited them onto us again. some of the hoofing second half was embarrassing and is fit for non league players not ones who earn £30k+ a week.
ay really fussed nowadays, if his master plan works the club climb the table, if it keeps failing its closer to the end of his tenure. win win for me.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2017, 05:14:40 PM »
The only positive thing is Rondon scores today, nice finish from him.
The PRIDE of midlands

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2017, 05:15:46 PM »
Played better today with slightly more attacking options, i.e. at least we didn't start with 3 defensive midfielders (small mercies, huh). In the end a draw a fair result. Big plus for me was Gibbs. Great to see proper attacking left back at last. Greg some quality through passes, and Rondon, not his biggest fan, but credit for well taken goal.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

fentbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #211 on: September 30, 2017, 05:17:52 PM »
Gutted but could see it coming a mile off.

We missed several decent chances and they had a couple too, but we were always risking it sitting back and hoofing it so much. WAY too defensive against an average and beatable team like Watford.

I struggle to see how Pulis' tactics can be justified when we've got arguably the best quality we've ever had in one squad and still feel the inevitable will happen (as did today) despite a 2 goal lead.

Players like this should feel relaxed, confident and in control like that, yet the "defend at all costs" mentality leaves them hoofing and panicking like frightened schoolgirls.

Look at the top 6 teams - use it as a platform to relax, crack on and score 4 or more - not automatically cue a panic attack.

Get a fookin grip Pulis 😡😡😡😡
The Black Country (and Birmingham) is ours.....

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #212 on: September 30, 2017, 05:21:35 PM »
Wish we had a manager like Silva.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2017, 05:24:46 PM »
Was Oliver ever going to let us win this? the free kicks he was giving in the final 10 plus 5 were downright rubbish he let go quite a few hand balls from watford, and his desire to book anybody not in a red shirt was totally biased Just give the same things for both teams that's all we ask. On the plus side we can look pretty fair with this starting 11, but need to be more composed when we have the ball holding a lead. Thought Barry GregK  and Rondon were very good. Chris brunt gives us something extra in midfield that makes us better balanced. Phillips not so bright today but worked hard, and Livermore did a decent enough job when he came on but not enough to earn a start. Probably need to give Evans a few more starts to get up to speed we know he is a good defender but not up to his usual standard yet. Gibbs did ok defensively and supported the front men well enough. OK should have won but a desperation last throw gave them a point they worked for Nobody did badly so you moaners try 'supporting' your team and get off the usual suspects backs. Dawson did little wrong, Rondon worked his roe out for the team and scored, Pulis generally made the right calls as well and we lost points because of poor decisions and some bad luck. I feel Watford pushed us back rather than us sitting back and they have some good players, so get over it we will do well enough this season given a few even breaks. To those of you who cosistently consider the other team to have been better than us, even though we caused them more problems than they caused us and those who take pride in choosing not to go, might I respectfully suggest you go and support one of these 'better' teams or stay at home and watch something else, but please do not consider yourselves as Albion 'supporters'.   

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2017, 05:32:02 PM »
If you think we caused Watford more problems than we caused them you must have have had too many pre match drinks! And that loss of two points was entirely self inflicted - no help needed from the ref!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2017, 05:32:37 PM »
To those that thought we were better than Watford need spec savers, they run us ragged. We're very fortunate to have this point. That's the last two  home games we need to be winning . God help us when the top 6 arrive  playing this negative and don't worry I will stay away until he's gone
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 05:34:10 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2017, 05:33:05 PM »
Can someone please explain to me why when so many of us on here and social media outlets continually complain about TPs style and tactics, that no one at the club does anything to change things?

You would think that if we all see the negative aspects then why is it not acknowledged by anyone in an official capacity?

Many of us are not ex players or ex coaches or ever been involved at the highest level of a football team, but if it is so glaring to us, why can't those in charge not grasp the fact that we play negative football.

At 2-0 up we should have gone on to win easily. But we sit back, take the foot of the pedal, defend the lead and let them come back into the game. It's obvious to all of us who watch it, hell its even obvious to me thousands of miles away and I'm not even watching the damn game! So why is it not obvious to Pulis, his coaching staff or the owners?

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2017, 05:33:39 PM »
To those that thought we were better than Watford need spec savers, they run us ragged. We're very fortunate to have this point. That's the last two  home games we need to be winning . God help us when the top 6 arrive  playing this negative
Spot on...some people are in denial...

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2017, 05:39:43 PM »
Done at the death by a dodgy ref,that was no free kick McClean got the ball first and only given by the theatrics of the Watford player which the ref was conned by
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 05:41:58 PM by barnestormer »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2017, 05:42:38 PM »
So we are blaming the ref again. Watford fully deserved that point. We deserved all we get for being too negative  and as for foster time wasting on 63 minutes is down to Pulis.like someone said the better footballers we now have must be so frustrated
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 05:44:09 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

DivinePast

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2017, 05:45:03 PM »
To those that thought we were better than Watford need spec savers, they run us ragged. We're very fortunate to have this point. That's the last two  home games we need to be winning . God help us when the top 6 arrive  playing this negative and don't worry I will stay away until he's gone

They had more possession of course. But Ben Foster wasn't getting battered at goal either.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2017, 05:46:00 PM »
On the radio they mentioned at one point the ball was pinballing around in the Albion box. This seems to be a regular occurrence for us and happens nowhere near as much for every other team

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2017, 05:46:30 PM »
Quote from Chris Lepkowski..."3 wins from 21 games  ? Time wasting after 60mins. Inviting pressure at 2 up. Not dealing with Richarlison threat. Predictable end"

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2017, 05:48:35 PM »
So we are blaming the ref again. Watford fully deserved that point. We deserved all we get for being too negative  and as for foster time wasting on 63 minutes is down to Pulis.like someone said the better footballers we now have must be so frustrated

Nothing to do with the ref, simply Pulis and his negative tactics.

Foster should have been booked.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2017, 05:50:35 PM »
anyone who can defend pulis after that result needs to open their eyes.

We score 2 goals early on, foster was getting a telling off after around the 60th minute for time wasting.

Rondon finally has an half decent game and looks up for it - gets taken off
Phillips is on of our best players - gets taken off
Dawson shouldn't be anywhere near the first team, even I could see he struggled with sticking to his man
brunt is one of the best players we have at delivering a ball - gets taken off

go ultra defensive and the expected happens, what always happens.... the team with the most defensive coach in football can't hold onto a lead.

embarrassing, boring, negative and full of excuses... p*ss off pulis and do us all a favour.