Author Topic: Alex Palmer  (Read 103003 times)

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Alex Palmer
« Reply #900 on: March 07, 2024, 07:24:09 PM »
I've looked at your recent posts  Palmer etc and everyone is negative everyone not even a positive post when we score to show a modicum of balance.  Very odd to be  so negative even under Bruce most people found something positive to say never mind doing well under CC in  difficult circumstances.
Totally agree with you KYA and given not a single positive comment, I believe that this Mullen fellow must have a hidden agenda with an unknown objective.

It is an obvious attempt to disrupt a valued member of our squad to the benefit of perhaps a friend or relative who plays for our  club or another in a junior or reserve role.

Rarely do we see a supposed member of this forum claiming to be a ‘Baggie’ consistently making negative comments.  Of course, Mullen could be a Dingle in Disguise!!!

West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #901 on: March 07, 2024, 07:41:36 PM »
Always negative about the loyal homegrown players and then shocked when they do a legger to the claret and spew scum.

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #902 on: March 07, 2024, 08:30:22 PM »
All players make mistakes looking at our defensive record it's clear Palmer must be doing something right . Only Leeds by one game have more clean sheets than the Albion. A lot of people moan for the sake of it for some people that's all they do they never post anything positive.

The old adage about “when a keeper makes a mistake it’s a goal” is true.  All of our outfield players make a dozen mistakes a game, Palmer goes through entire games without any mistakes and I can only think of half a dozen proper mistakes that Palmer has made this season.  There are a few “he might have done better at the near post” at well but he’s certainly not a liability in my view.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #903 on: March 07, 2024, 10:18:43 PM »
Oh for the days of Crichton, Whitehead and Zuberhowler so people could see what genuine liabilities between the sticks look like......... I probably won't be able to sleep now I've posted that. Pillock  :-X .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tex

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #904 on: March 07, 2024, 11:28:13 PM »
He looks a good keeper but has a mistake or two in him during each game. His kicking is very inconsistent., but every now and then is visionary. Most of the time we don't get punished from his errors but against QPR we did. He is still maturing and hopefully will continue to develop.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #905 on: March 08, 2024, 12:01:01 AM »
Totally agree with you KYA and given not a single positive comment, I believe that this Mullen fellow must have a hidden agenda with an unknown objective.

It is an obvious attempt to disrupt a valued member of our squad to the benefit of perhaps a friend or relative who plays for our  club or another in a junior or reserve role.

Rarely do we see a supposed member of this forum claiming to be a ‘Baggie’ consistently making negative comments.  Of course, Mullen could be a Dingle in Disguise!!!

I go to my fair share of games, both home and away. If you ever fancy a chat about the Albion then just give me a PM and we can get something sorted.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #906 on: March 08, 2024, 01:12:29 PM »
I go to my fair share of games, both home and away. If you ever fancy a chat about the Albion then just give me a PM and we can get something sorted.

Each to their own but I would not want to spend a match-day with somebody so negative. I'm really enjoying this season, we are very fortunate to have Corberan in charge and Alex Palmer has played a big part in our success. Yes he has made some mistakes, which keeper hasn't, he has also made some unbelievable saves so I can't agree with your view that our play-off bid is doomed unless we drop him, that flys in the face of that fact that we have been in the top six for months now. I think it was a pivotal moment in our season when Palmer's move to Luton fell through. Key player for us. Only had to see how we fell away last season when he was injured.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #907 on: March 08, 2024, 01:28:52 PM »
Can we cut the comments suggesting people are dingles or trolls please?

Sometimes people have different views, thats the point of a forum like this. Some cannot see anything wrong and its all rosy not matter what and some are the opposite where its all doom and gloom regardless and then some are in the middle, some good, some bad,

If they are they will reveal themselves so let us do the job and stop trying to do it for us.

Any more posts suggesting it will be removed.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #908 on: March 10, 2024, 12:36:09 PM »
Another awful mistake.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #909 on: March 10, 2024, 12:37:13 PM »
Time to bring Griffiths in for me, palmer has done nothing in recent weeks to be justifying selection

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #910 on: March 10, 2024, 12:37:26 PM »
Another awful mistake.
to be fair you’re getting what you want, Palmer playing like Griffiths does.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #911 on: March 10, 2024, 12:38:42 PM »
Wouldn't be against Griffiths getting a go next game. Palmer could do with a break

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #912 on: March 10, 2024, 12:50:53 PM »
to be fair you’re getting what you want, Palmer playing like Griffiths does.

How can you say that when Griffiths has hardly played this season?

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #913 on: March 10, 2024, 01:41:18 PM »

You going to praise the great save from Yok error snd the double save on 80 minutes???

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #914 on: March 10, 2024, 01:52:20 PM »
A poor piece of goalkeeping in the first half but an excellent second, making a few great saves.

No keeper in the Championship is perfect and if he was faultless, he would be playing Premier League football.

The goalkeeper is not a worry, IMO.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #915 on: March 10, 2024, 01:57:04 PM »
because Griffiths has done similar mistakes whenever he’s played for us, pick a game and you’ll find something similar be it weak hands, ball going under him or bad distribution. He’s a good keeper and will get better but has a mistake in him and is NOT at Palmer’s level yet.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #916 on: March 10, 2024, 01:58:06 PM »
A poor piece of goalkeeping in the first half but an excellent second, making a few great saves.

No keeper in the Championship is perfect and if he was faultless, he would be playing Premier League football.

The goalkeeper is not a worry, IMO.

Correct. Palmer let in a poor goal and showed great character to several important saves in the second half. He remains a big player for us.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #917 on: March 10, 2024, 01:59:20 PM »
You going to praise the great save from Yok error snd the double save on 80 minutes???

Yes, it was a good save. But it’s quite clear for every great save he’s making, he’s also dropping a complete clanger.

Anyway, we’ve won the game that’s all that matters, who cares about anything else.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #918 on: March 10, 2024, 02:06:36 PM »
Yes, it was a good save. But it’s quite clear for every great save he’s making, he’s also dropping a complete clanger.

Anyway, we’ve won the game that’s all that matters, who cares about anything else.

That's just not true. He made three great saves in the second half alone.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #919 on: March 10, 2024, 02:07:49 PM »
Despite the clear error today, he’s the best we have. By a distance.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #920 on: March 10, 2024, 02:10:54 PM »

Agreed. AP has fluffed a couple and we’re not pretending otherwise. But he pulled off a great 1-on-1 save and the win came from that.

He’s a mile better than other recent goalies.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #921 on: March 10, 2024, 02:28:42 PM »

Another agreement here. I can’t believe what I’m reading. He’s made a couple of errors this week. He’s bounced back and shown great resilience too. And he’s been reliable this season.

To say he makes a clanger for every good save is OTT in my opinion.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #922 on: March 10, 2024, 03:13:48 PM »
The fact that he made the saves after the error is even more impressive, shows that he's resilient.

The clanger for every great save is simply untrue.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #923 on: March 10, 2024, 03:31:02 PM »
All keeper’s errors are highlighted as the invariably culminate in a goal, what worries me is his distribution with ball which has been poor.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #924 on: March 10, 2024, 03:43:07 PM »
I can't see he could have done much about the opening goal. It was Furlong who let their forward get away. Anyway, 3 top saves second half kept us in it when Huddersfield might have crept back into the game.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure