Author Topic: Alan Pardew  (Read 643073 times)

Topman

• Youth Baggie

Re: Alan Pardew
« Reply #2475 on: March 31, 2018, 03:23:34 PM »
Just leave

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2476 on: March 31, 2018, 03:37:18 PM »
Must be getting close to being our worst manager of all time at this point, its easy to forget we were out the relegation zone when he came now we're set to end as one of the worst premier league sides of all time and will probably end up with a lower points total than our very first season in the premier.

It's tough to blame just him though, the players have almost all been big let downs and give up far too easily, likewise the management structure of the club just gave up on any chance of survival for no apparent reason. We could have got rid of Pardew after the Southampton cup game when it was painfully obvious things had run their course and a change was needed, but we didn't, we just meekly accepted relegation. We weren't THAT far off back then, Swansea are a awful side and got a huge new manager bounce.

It speaks volumes for the lack of ambition and rot in the club that even in the face of relegation there's nobody behind the scenes striving for better. There's no chance of promotion next season, but a very possible relegation battle under current attitudes pervading the entire club.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2477 on: March 31, 2018, 03:44:09 PM »
Please please get rid of this clown, regardless of the cost.

We've been down for while now but we need to inject some confidence and wins into this team in the remaining games of the season, otherwise the hangover into next season is going to be horrific. The run of form we're on at the moment and the way we are playing is an absolute joke.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2478 on: March 31, 2018, 03:44:25 PM »
This man is just useless.  He’s doesn’t get this management lark does he?  Burke was our best player v Leicester and hasn’t been seen since.  Yacob, Brunt and Livermore all in the same midfield why?  If Gregorz is done for the season why hasn’t he been sent back to Paris? 

His selections are just beyond belief.  Let me say now we won’t do anything in the Championship under this guy.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2479 on: March 31, 2018, 04:00:20 PM »
Bloke is obviously out of his depth but owners have to be ashamed of themselves for letting this situation carry on, looks like they couldn't give a pooh about supporters

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2480 on: March 31, 2018, 04:32:45 PM »
Just leave

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2481 on: March 31, 2018, 05:01:56 PM »
7 defeats in a row and 8 games to go.
Pardew criticized his players publicly and the players lost faith in him obviously.
Based on our recent form and poor relationship between Pardew and players, I don't think we can think win or even get 1 point in the remaining games.
In a worst-case scenario, we may go down with 15 defeats in a row.
It would be painful for the fans but it seems that the board don't care about that.
If the board really want to prepare for next season, they should sack Pardew now. Let Big Dave takes charge and give more game time to Field, Burke, Leko and Harper in the remaining games.
15 straight defeats here we come. :)
Well done Alan and the Board.
The PRIDE of midlands

boot2006

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2482 on: March 31, 2018, 05:09:05 PM »
Well done Alan.
I didn't want you anywhere near my club but the bell*nds up top caved in.
Premier League Manager - My backside....

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2483 on: March 31, 2018, 05:12:05 PM »
He's under contract. Grounds for dismissal if he said otherwise, thus writing off his compensation. Don't worry, he'll be off by the summer.

Stick him on gardening leave and let Big Dave take over until end of season. 

1) it won't cost any more
2) big dave gets to manage a few games
3) you never know big dave might turn out to be decent.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2484 on: March 31, 2018, 05:15:32 PM »
It's getting embarrassing now just get rid!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2485 on: March 31, 2018, 05:26:19 PM »
It's awful. So many basic mistakes.

Brunt in the middle. Dropping Burke after he starts, plays well and assists. Never drops poor performers. Drops the better players. Plays 442 with the wrong players. Plays 532 with the wrong players.

It's been terrible and if i knew this was the answer to Pulis i wouldn't have questioned Pulis. A terrible terrible appointment.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2486 on: March 31, 2018, 05:34:19 PM »
Pardew says he owes the club and fans for letting us slip to this embarrassing position....so please leave today..at least that would be a minor consolation..

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2487 on: March 31, 2018, 05:41:10 PM »
Stick him on gardening leave and let Big Dave take over until end of season. 

1) it won't cost any more
2) big dave gets to manage a few games
3) you never know big dave might turn out to be decent.
1 It probably would, as the compensation would almost certainly be considerably less once we are relegated. If he was on gardening leave, he could argue that we got rid of him before we were relegated. This has been explained by a few people on here.
2 See above, plus maybe big Dave doesn't fancy a poisoned chalice.
3 If he did win a couple of games, would just cloud the issue of finding a new manager and give us a (false) dilemma. Better to fully focus on finding a replacement so that we can have the chosen person in place very soon after this season finishes.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #2488 on: March 31, 2018, 05:41:27 PM »
It's getting embarrassing now just get rid!
This!
Been this way for a few weeks now, it's way beyond a joke. Give us some self respect please!

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2489 on: March 31, 2018, 05:43:31 PM »
I'm beginning to think that Pardew may remain with us into next season. I wonder if there are all sorts of secret discussions behind the scenes preparing a plan and a budget for the changes needed in the summer....but with AP still in charge? Surely he would have been dismissed by now otherwise? Thoughts?

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2490 on: March 31, 2018, 05:44:37 PM »
I'm beginning to think that Pardew may remain with us into next season. I wonder if there are all sorts of secret discussions behind the scenes preparing a plan and a budget for the changes needed in the summer....but with AP still in charge? Surely he would have been dismissed by now otherwise? Thoughts?

If that's the case you can forget it from me, I won't go down again till he's gone
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 05:45:54 PM by OldburyWBA »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2491 on: March 31, 2018, 05:45:43 PM »

I reckon the day the relegation is confirmed is the day he will be gone. If by any miracle we sacked him now and stayed up then there would probably be a little clause in his deal that he gets his bonus for keeping us up.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2492 on: March 31, 2018, 05:47:48 PM »
not even our owner`s are that stupid :'( ???

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2493 on: March 31, 2018, 05:50:06 PM »
not even our owner`s are that stupid :'( ???

Ha ha, I hope you're right!

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2494 on: March 31, 2018, 05:57:45 PM »
He won't. I expect him to be sacked once we are definitely relegated. Not long to wait now.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2495 on: March 31, 2018, 06:02:15 PM »
He won't. I expect him to be sacked once we are definitely relegated. Not long to wait now.
board have been a disgrace in letting this idiot keep hold of his job what is Jenkins doing?

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2496 on: March 31, 2018, 06:07:18 PM »
Any owner or chairman would look at that first half performance and call an immediate board meeting to relieve him of his duties . It was beyond unacceptable on so
Many levels those players simply had not got a clue .

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2497 on: March 31, 2018, 06:12:08 PM »
Got a feeling that sacking him isn't the problem, I got a feeling that appointing someone else is the biggest task the board face..... what human with any ounce of common sense would want to take over a struggling, certainly relegated team that in regards to the players, are so unbalanced that any manager/coach is going to struggle.

Easy enough for us all to say get rid, we aint got 200 million or what it is on the line.

I personally think the board are just going to ride it out now until the season ends then it gives the next person a fresh start without having relegation on his CV.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2498 on: March 31, 2018, 06:20:15 PM »
Any reaction from this clown after the game? Can't see anything, hopefully he's gone

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2499 on: March 31, 2018, 06:26:15 PM »
Got a feeling that sacking him isn't the problem, I got a feeling that appointing someone else is the biggest task the board face..... what human with any ounce of common sense would want to take over a struggling, certainly relegated team that in regards to the players, are so unbalanced that any manager/coach is going to struggle.

Easy enough for us all to say get rid, we aint got 200 million or what it is on the line.

I personally think the board are just going to ride it out now until the season ends then it gives the next person a fresh start without having relegation on his CV.
still think board and owners have a lot to answer for. What if this happens in Championship keep coach because it's too expensive to sack him we'd be calling for owners head