Author Topic: Kenneth Zohore  (Read 196664 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Kenneth Zohore joins WBA
« Reply #325 on: December 28, 2019, 07:41:45 PM »
I think Billic's judgement can be trusted on this. I appreciate that players need time to bed in and maybe build their confidence, but we are in a highly competitive situation and haven't got games we can afford to experiment with. If Zohore was pulling up roots on the training ground, then Billic would have promoted him in the pecking order.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #326 on: December 28, 2019, 08:49:46 PM »
Sorry but the escalation in anti-Zohore feeling based on his opportunities on boxing day is out of proportion.

I'm pretty sure there's a player there which is why we signed him... but he definitely needs to put himself about a bit more and make more of what could be very limited opportunities in the team. In that formation though without any crosses going in and little pace in the team I'd definitely start him ahead of Austin.
I agree with you entirely. HRK and Austin have had more opportunities, and have both been very poor at times. I think Zohore has been overlooked because he was not a "Bilic signing" and I think the same is true of Willock. Irrespective of whether or not my thoughts are correct, one thing is certainly true, and that is that the anti Kenneth Zohore attitude expressed by some in this thread is unfair in the extreme on the basis of very limited opportunities.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #327 on: December 28, 2019, 10:34:32 PM »
At the time it was reported that the initial up front payment was £6 million with add ons to 7. I’ve seen nothing official to suggest it was much lower.
I don't think we need to worry about add-ons, given KZ's current performance levels.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #328 on: December 28, 2019, 11:12:55 PM »
Criticism based on Thursday is definitely OTT but there was a marked difference in his attitude before and after the arm in the face.

He just hasn't got any heart, I've played cricket now for 30 years, you can always tell who's got any bottle/ticker.

Ken Zohore hasn't.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #329 on: January 02, 2020, 01:40:10 PM »
I thought he looked decent last night. Surely needs a run in the side as HRK looks knackered and Austin is best as an impact sub.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #330 on: January 02, 2020, 01:41:51 PM »
I thought he looked decent last night. Surely needs a run in the side as HRK looks knackered and Austin is best as an impact sub.

I agree - much more influence and heart than he displayed at Barnsley.

He was a useful sub - someone who can run down those channels and attempt to hold the ball up.

He did well, but I have still have a lot of question marks.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #331 on: January 02, 2020, 01:54:16 PM »
Might come good, might not.  His highlights reel shows quality, however, if we want top two don't think we can rely on him being the answer.    Feel another striker needed, as Slav is not sure on big Ken and seems to have come to the conclusion that Charlie isn't mobile enough to start against the better teams (i think we all knew that quite early on).  HRK's hold up play has been very good, but he may very well go on a run of 10 + games without a goal.

Most top teams will have four strikers anyway, and you could say that only Austin is a traditional center forward.  So Big Ken as part of a four is ok, as first choice? Not at the moment.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #332 on: January 02, 2020, 02:01:52 PM »
If he can’t score in this team then he never will here.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #333 on: January 02, 2020, 02:02:51 PM »
If he can’t score in this team then he never will here.

I'll defend him on this point, we don't create chances for our strikers.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #334 on: January 05, 2020, 07:12:55 PM »
I think he should continue to start for the next few games for 60mins then Austin to replace him.  He would push back the oppositions defence by 10 yards.  Currently, teams are squeezing our midfield with HRK.  4 or 5 starts can lift Zohore's confidence.  Not that HRK has been particularly bad, but Diangana's absence has affected the team's balance.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #335 on: January 05, 2020, 07:44:09 PM »
I think he should continue to start for the next few games for 60mins then Austin to replace him.  He would push back the oppositions defence by 10 yards.  Currently, teams are squeezing our midfield with HRK.  4 or 5 starts can lift Zohore's confidence.  Not that HRK has been particularly bad, but Diangana's absence has affected the team's balance.

Deserves his chance after today he is more of a goal threat than HRK
O Albion we love you

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #336 on: January 05, 2020, 07:56:20 PM »
Daft as it may seem I would definitely start him in the next game. I thought he did well and has pace and power that neither Kanu nor Austin can match. He also created and then tucked away his goal which I don’t feel weve seen too often and so is something new for opposition to worry about.

I think I’d read that he is a bit of a confidence player so perhaps playing him on the same pitch where he has just scored could be a smart thing to do.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #337 on: January 05, 2020, 08:22:01 PM »
Daft as it may seem I would definitely start him in the next game. I thought he did well and has pace and power that neither Kanu nor Austin can match. He also created and then tucked away his goal which I don’t feel weve seen too often and so is something new for opposition to worry about.

I think I’d read that he is a bit of a confidence player so perhaps playing him on the same pitch where he has just scored could be a smart thing to do.
Just needs to stop diving/falling over.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #338 on: January 05, 2020, 08:29:52 PM »
Let's not get carried away he scored against a rubbish Charlton team, did nothing in the second half doesn't deserve a place ahead of Austin or HRK. IMO of course!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #339 on: January 05, 2020, 08:33:46 PM »

One swallow does not a summer make

No way is he ahead of HRK
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #340 on: January 05, 2020, 08:34:09 PM »
Let's not get carried away he scored against a rubbish Charlton team, did nothing in the second half doesn't deserve a place ahead of Austin or HRK. IMO of course!

I don't think you're looking at the big picture in terms of how the team are set up.  We have been far too laboured and slow in the last 5 games.  More individuals with speed are required to push the opposition back. Austin never looks good when started anyway.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #341 on: January 05, 2020, 08:40:21 PM »
I don't think you're looking at the big picture in terms of how the team are set up.  We have been far too laboured and slow in the last 5 games.  More individuals with speed are required to push the opposition back. Austin never looks good when started anyway.
[/b]
Not too sure about Charlie.
Kanu or Austin... Take your pick.
Prefer to start Charlie.
Bring on an old fart later.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #342 on: January 05, 2020, 08:59:02 PM »
Just needs to stop diving/falling over.
You can apply that to all three of our front men. HRK blatant dive against Leeds.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #343 on: January 05, 2020, 09:01:56 PM »
[/b]
Not too sure about Charlie.
Kanu or Austin... Take your pick.
Prefer to start Charlie.
Bring on an old fart later.

Would that be after the marinated sprouts then?  :P
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #344 on: January 05, 2020, 09:23:49 PM »
Without his goal I'd have been disappointed with his performance today , thought Austin was much better.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #345 on: January 05, 2020, 10:11:44 PM »
Without his goal I'd have been disappointed with his performance today , thought Austin was much better.
I thought he did well aside from the goal. Showed he wanted to get at the Charlton defence, but that may have been down to the inexperience of Charlton's defenders.
With his goal I was impressed with his movement and one-two with Edwards. His shot went thro the keepers legs, so its fine margins of being called a good finish or a poor miss.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #346 on: January 06, 2020, 08:29:49 PM »
Good player who has to "muscle in" a bit more.
Stop the "fairy" diving and get on with it.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #347 on: January 20, 2020, 11:44:42 PM »
How much did we pay for him? Staggering because I’m struggling to pinpoint his good qualities? Nice skin fade though..

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #348 on: January 20, 2020, 11:46:40 PM »
His agent dangled the carrot and we ate the lot. Another total waste of a fee and a wage.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #349 on: January 20, 2020, 11:52:21 PM »
People got excited as he looked good against Charlton resverrves. We know that is his level. Not first team champo action.