Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 772464 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #850 on: July 28, 2011, 03:23:28 PM »
Some of the people on this forum are embarrassing, the deal takes as long as it takes, don't think they will be rushing it because some westbrom.com users want it done faster. Grow up and learn how the process works and the complications. Pathetic.

Its the want it now, demand it now brigade. How would they have coped when we were signing the likes of Kevin Steggles and Neil Parsley  :o
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

greggy8689

« Reply #851 on: July 28, 2011, 03:26:41 PM »
Its the want it now, demand it now brigade. How would they have coped when we were signing the likes of Kevin Steggles and Neil Parsley  :o

Who the hell are they way before my time. Someone mentioned Johnson signing for Leicester, bit different, boths clubs got lots of money, connection already built between Johnson and Sven, no complications. Blues 'acting' chairman is in a different country, the club is in financial turmoil, we are assessing other players we may want to take on further, vast difference in the situations.

Can't understand why people can't be patient.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #852 on: July 28, 2011, 03:27:06 PM »

Expectations do rise with success :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #853 on: July 28, 2011, 03:41:59 PM »
I think the fact various message boards have in the past deliberately posted false links to players and got them picked up by national newspapers says it all.

A month ago Ridgwell and Foster would have cost 11m, we are now looking at 6m - see my point?

Signing players clubs want to keep is much harder unless you are offering silly money.

It's a good point - if fact it's even more extreme than that. Blues valuations of the players put their combined value at £14m.

We could have them both shortly for just £3m with another £3m in 12 months.

I'd say Mr Tight backside is getting it superbly right - yet again

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #854 on: July 28, 2011, 04:07:52 PM »
"No need to panic on Foster. The reason for no medical yet is simply that not everything in the deal has been finalised. It's agreed in principle by all three parties but fine print still being sorted out. No medical until that's done, and when it does happen it might take a while given Foster's injury history. But it's still likely to go through in due course."

Straight from the E&S webchat. No need to panic.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #855 on: July 28, 2011, 04:48:25 PM »
It's believed a deal taking Ben Foster on loan this season, with a reputed £4m fee agreed for next summer - should Blues fail to be promoted - is in it's final stages and will be concluded over the next few days.

Read more: http://www.wba.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=248690#ixzz1TPonhSpr
dont panic its nearly done :)
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #856 on: July 28, 2011, 04:57:10 PM »
I think the signing is a formality really. If Foster was wanted by somebody else the bid would be in by now. We will just be sorting through paperwork. He will be our player - for a year at least.
Boing Boing

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #857 on: July 28, 2011, 04:57:47 PM »
Mate Vital football really aren't reliable, they are just repeating what they have seen elsewhere.

Like Baggies I think its a formality too.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #858 on: July 28, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »
It's a good point - if fact it's even more extreme than that. Blues valuations of the players put their combined value at £14m.

We could have them both shortly for just £3m with another £3m in 12 months.

I'd say Mr Tight backside is getting it superbly right - yet again

Who else have they got we can grab !   ;)

NO, our club certainly likes to takes it's time over transfers - unless they are on a free of course !
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #859 on: July 28, 2011, 05:44:49 PM »
Very good signing if it comes off. The sort of GK who can win you 10 plus points a season, something that I never thought Carson had in his locker.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

Rich99

« Reply #860 on: July 28, 2011, 06:47:25 PM »
An improvement in my opinion if it comes off, would be pleased with this one.   :)

According to TalkSport just now the deal will be sealed in the next 48 hours.

From the Brum Mail:
'The two clubs have agreed a loan fee, believed to be £1 million, and the transfer is likely to become permanent next summer in a deal worth around £4 million.'

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 06:49:25 PM by Rich99 »

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #861 on: July 28, 2011, 07:11:07 PM »
This probably won't happen till next week, apparently Pannu is in Hong Kong so unlikely anything will move quickly until he back.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #862 on: July 28, 2011, 07:34:33 PM »
I don't see why Pannu would have to be there to sign it off in all honesty, there should be other board members available that have the power to sign off deals.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #863 on: July 28, 2011, 07:44:03 PM »
I think the signing is a formality really. If Foster was wanted by somebody else the bid would be in by now. We will just be sorting through paperwork. He will be our player - for a year at least.
no one's daft enough to put in a bid  no improvement on what we had before.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #864 on: July 28, 2011, 07:50:05 PM »
Maybe the other blues director has gone to a local play scheme?
I only go for the beer.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #865 on: July 28, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »

Agree with you here, i feel its just a case of brushing it all up now. Now we just have to wait until its officially a done deal
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #866 on: July 28, 2011, 08:11:11 PM »
Agree with you here, i feel its just a case of brushing it all up now. Now we just have to wait until its officially a done deal

Let's hope so - remember the Madjid Bougherra done deal  :-X
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #867 on: July 28, 2011, 08:48:19 PM »

Your entitled to your opinion, but I think a lot of people would say otherwise. Well liked by Blues fans despite the odd mistake. I expect a similar amount of mistakes to Carson from Foster, with the difference being that, like Green and Gomez, they can make up for them to a degree with some big performances.

Despite people on here saying Carson was a good shot stopper, I dont think he had too many big performances in him. Thats why I feel Foster is an improvement. You think we are paying a million for 1 season here and come next season if Blues are in big trouble financially which they could still be then we might get him even cheaper.
Boing Boing

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #868 on: July 28, 2011, 08:53:03 PM »

In the word's of Chris Morris on Brasseye:

"You're wrong and you're a grotesquely ugly freak"  :P

He is far better than Carson, he can makes amazing saves, and has been Watford and Blues player of the year in both their respective premiership campaigns.

the lords my shepherd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #869 on: July 28, 2011, 09:02:38 PM »
Ben Foster is a far better keeper than Scott Carson. I honestly believe the defence had lost alot of confidence in Scott hence the the goals we conceeded last season. Sure Ben will make the occasional error, name me a keeper who doesn't. But i know who i would prefer as our No1.
Once a Baggie, Always a Baggie. Its in the blood.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #870 on: July 28, 2011, 09:03:28 PM »
To be fair Carson was Charltons player of the season too once but I would be very happy with Foster if he does indeed sign :-)

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #871 on: July 28, 2011, 09:08:41 PM »
To be fair Carson was Charltons player of the season too once but I would be very happy with Foster if he does indeed sign :-)

He has a champions league winners medal as well  :o

Foster's England's number 2 (if he makes him self available) Carson would be behind Hart,Foster,Robinson(if he makes himself available) and Green.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #872 on: July 28, 2011, 09:16:22 PM »

Do you seriously think that? Did you see much of Foster and Carson last season?

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #873 on: July 28, 2011, 10:22:05 PM »
OMG I've been out of the house for a few hours and Foster STILL hasn't signed, WTF is going on?!

Peace out, I hope Arsenal get him now, serve us right.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #874 on: July 28, 2011, 10:31:21 PM »
OMG I've been out of the house for a few hours and Foster STILL hasn't signed, WTF is going on?!

Peace out, I hope Arsenal get him now, serve us right.

Chill out Lloyd! No he hasn't signed. But he will. End of.

Sick of fans in here being so negative!
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten