Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123050 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #3475 on: July 19, 2018, 08:02:44 AM »
Looks like Fulham are closing in on Mitrovic for 20 mill (worlds gone mad) and will then pay Rondon's release clause of 16.5. So i guess the question is who do we want? 2 players for that price or 1 replacement striker?

I'd be looking at using the money to get both Vydra and Abel Hernandez in, if both are still available, would probably cost somewhere in the region of £20M for the pair.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3476 on: July 19, 2018, 08:21:57 AM »
I'd be looking at using the money to get both Vydra and Abel Hernandez in, if both are still available, would probably cost somewhere in the region of £20M for the pair.

I think I’ve read that the asking price for Vydra is £11m, but Hernandez is a free agent, so we would have a lot of change leftover from £20m
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3477 on: July 19, 2018, 08:47:12 AM »
I read that Hernandez was demanding £60k/week, pricing himself out of a Championship contract.  After our flexdowns I can’t see us paying him remotely close to that.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3478 on: July 19, 2018, 09:19:30 AM »
I read that Hernandez was demanding £60k/week, pricing himself out of a Championship contract.  After our flexdowns I can’t see us paying him remotely close to that.
thing is if Vydra cost 11mil on 35k for 3 years that’s around 16.5mil outlay. hernandez on 60k per week over 3yrs is circa 9.5mil leaving room to pay him a signing on fee, it’s a case of are either interested and if so which one would the club prefer
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3479 on: July 19, 2018, 09:58:51 AM »
I think I’ve read that the asking price for Vydra is £11m, but Hernandez is a free agent, so we would have a lot of change leftover from £20m

yes you are right, I'd forgotten that Hernandez was a free agent (it's all gone very quiet up here with news about him!)

He might at the moment be demanding that kind of wage but if no one is willing to pay that kind of wage then he will after compromise. He was rumoured to be after a move back to Italy, can't imagine that the clubs that would be interested in him would be willing/able to pay that kind of wage?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3480 on: July 19, 2018, 10:03:09 AM »
Anybody itk about any new players coming in?
Interested in,is all I see.
Done well so far but only a couple of weeks left till new season begins.
Unless,we are keeping a decent core of players,its all a bit last minute isn't it.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3481 on: July 19, 2018, 10:18:50 AM »
From what i got told last week, Big Dave wants to keep the same squad if he can.

I think we are signing another backup keeper but from what i can gather unless people are sold we wont be signing anyone else, i was told that was Big Daves choice but whether there is a sell before we buy policy from the board too i dont know.

Was also told that the youngsters will be making the step up to fill the gaps of the players who have already left (Greg, Sturridge, Gmac, Yacob)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3482 on: July 19, 2018, 10:22:36 AM »
From what i got told last week, Big Dave wants to keep the same squad if he can.

I think we are signing another backup keeper but from what i can gather unless people are sold we wont be signing anyone else, i was told that was Big Daves choice but whether there is a sell before we buy policy from the board too i dont know.

Was also told that the youngsters will be making the step up to fill the gaps of the players who have already left (Greg, Sturridge, Gmac, Yacob)
Problem with that MO is if we get acceptable offers late in the window it leaves us with very limited options and even less time aka Earnshaw re visited !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3483 on: July 19, 2018, 10:37:31 AM »
Problem with that MO is if we get acceptable offers late in the window it leaves us with very limited options and even less time aka Earnshaw re visited !
That risk exists in every window though mate, we turned down an offer for Evans late in January I believe, the only difference is the release clauses.
Does anyone know what happens if someone triggers a release clause at the 11th hour? Do we still have to honour it or is there a pre-deadline deadline?

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3484 on: July 19, 2018, 10:54:22 AM »
That risk exists in every window though mate, we turned down an offer for Evans late in January I believe, the only difference is the release clauses.
Does anyone know what happens if someone triggers a release clause at the 11th hour? Do we still have to honour it or is there a pre-deadline deadline?

Was reported last week that hey all expire at different times,
Some end of this month and some early August. So if we get past those stages we can decline anything that comes our way unless we can sort a replacement first.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3485 on: July 19, 2018, 11:13:12 AM »
Was reported last week that hey all expire at different times,
Some end of this month and some early August. So if we get past those stages we can decline anything that comes our way unless we can sort a replacement first.

That makes sense really as it stops us getting caught out late in the window.

I'm guessing Newcastle will activate Rondon's clause once they have sold Mitrovic to Fulham. Not sure whether we should use the money on a similarly styled player like Assombalonga or go for a Vydra type player.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3486 on: July 19, 2018, 11:46:46 AM »

I'm guessing Newcastle will activate Rondon's clause once they have sold Mitrovic to Fulham. Not sure whether we should use the money on a similarly styled player like Assombalonga or go for a Vydra type player.

Definitely will be the case regarding Mitrovic and Rondon. Hopefully it would be Assombalonga.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3487 on: July 19, 2018, 11:54:23 AM »

I'd rather a Vydra type player. There is a real lack of movement and variety up front. J Rod can do the sort of job Rondon does we could do with something different as another option.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3488 on: July 19, 2018, 12:13:12 PM »

I'd rather a Vydra type player. There is a real lack of movement and variety up front. J Rod can do the sort of job Rondon does we could do with something different as another option.

Have to say that would be my preference. Someone with a bit of pace that would be useful for counter attacking but who can also put the ball in the net.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3489 on: July 19, 2018, 12:28:45 PM »
Out of the two of them, as a player, I'd prefer Assombalonga... but as a player that actually gets on the pitch I think Vydra is a better bet (less time on the treatment table).

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3490 on: July 19, 2018, 12:38:05 PM »
Wee Britt Assombolonga

Need to make this happen, its in the stars,

If you believe that bull...t
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3491 on: July 19, 2018, 12:50:26 PM »
I'm all for Vydra but not too lead the line.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3492 on: July 19, 2018, 12:52:07 PM »
It does worry me that we aren’t seemingly after an attacking midfielder. We desperately need someone who can pick the ball up and take it 20 yards up the pitch and will chip in with 10+ goals. Field, Livermore, Brunt & Barry aren’t going to do this & even if we sign Morrison he can’t be counted on to last a full season without getting injured.

If we dont sign anyone I hope Harper is given a real chance with the first team as he seems the only one out of the current crop of youngsters that will power past people from midfield

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3493 on: July 19, 2018, 01:22:00 PM »
It does worry me that we aren’t seemingly after an attacking midfielder. We desperately need someone who can pick the ball up and take it 20 yards up the pitch and will chip in with 10+ goals. Field, Livermore, Brunt & Barry aren’t going to do this & even if we sign Morrison he can’t be counted on to last a full season without getting injured.

If we dont sign anyone I hope Harper is given a real chance with the first team as he seems the only one out of the current crop of youngsters that will power past people from midfield

Spot on. This has been our biggest problem for at least the last three seasons. Rondon misses a lot, but to be fair, he isn't provided with many chances by our slow, ponderous, uncreative midfield.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 02:35:36 PM by miggybaggy »

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3494 on: July 19, 2018, 01:24:39 PM »
I think it'll be an almighty risk to simultaneously rely on 4 or 5 unproven young players to all be able to step up and be good enough to help sustain a promotion push. It has to be unlikely that all of them would prove to be good enough.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3495 on: July 19, 2018, 01:26:06 PM »
We have Morrison and Chadli.

Well allegedly we do.  :-\

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3496 on: July 19, 2018, 02:02:42 PM »
DM seems to want to keep the same squad. I personally (not ITK) think we will lose McClean, Rondon and Chaldi. My hope is well sell them soon as we don't want to delay replacements as others have said. I also think we need an extra striker and are crying out for a creative midfielder.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3497 on: July 19, 2018, 03:03:29 PM »
I think although Big Dave wants to keep the same squad, the reality is we probably wont, Because of the release clauses, its not something we can do anything about (if they are met in time)

I think McClean, Rondon, Chadli and probably Dawson will go (still a few weeks til the window closes, i think still some posturing going on regarding him) and we will sign four players to replace them as they each go.

I was told Hegazi wanted out and he has this £10m release clause, however personally i dont see anybody paying anywhere near that, i wouldnt be happy if we were buying him for that price. I think he is ok but he was part of a relegated defence last year in his only year in the premier league and although ok at the world cup, he didnt really pull up any trees to make anybody take notice (Egypt didnt in general to be fair). At that point if nobody pays £10m we can keep him if we want which with the loss of Evans, GMac, probably Dawson i think we will.

I think youngster wise Field and Leko have already tasted first team in the premier league so expect them to be involved and with our lack of centre halves Fitzwater seems to be in the frame so thats 3 spaces filled and maybe a Harper, Edwards or Wilson will take the other.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3498 on: July 21, 2018, 11:55:09 AM »
Local media in Newcastle reporting Rondon should become a Newcastle player next week. Sounds like there is an agreement or sorts nearly on place. £16.5 million to reinvest in a couple of players I hope.
Boing Boing

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3499 on: July 21, 2018, 02:18:44 PM »
Recently seen him in Siamais in Brindley Place. Wants to stay as he’s settled in the area.
We shall see....