Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637103 times)

baggies37

• Youth Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #3375 on: August 24, 2013, 09:59:55 AM »
Theres already little splits developing between fans on here over Clarke, transfer policy, Peace. Last thing we need at a time when we need everyone singing from the same hymn sheet is another to split fans.

Simple apology on Twitter, on TV apologising for his behaviour would go a long long way to help but doubt that would happen.

we have a desperate striker problem,  we have a proven quality premiership striker.

a conversation at least needs to be had i think.

that said i cant see it happening but i think someone at albion should be having the conversation.

i think we need to swallow our pride for the greater good or at least let him play.
(no ones talking about forgiving here)

how many city fans as still spitting about Tevez...i bet they spent more time reminising on their Premier league trophy..

(as for splitting the board about certain subjects,  come on man its a forum for debate not a love in)

norwich baggies

baggies37

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3376 on: August 24, 2013, 10:01:58 AM »
You do get the feeling some are just born with a negative disposition?
Maybe years of losing to teams like Plymouth 1-5 at home ain't helped?
Very hard to get all fans on here to agree , unless the title is are wolves fans scumbags for throwing bricks at women?,
On pete has I've said , lots may feel an apology may help, some wouldn't be happy if he solved world peace and child famine , but for me (just my opinion) he doesn't have to do anything,just put the shirt on and do the business.
And if he plays wide it frees brunt up to play centrally  :D (sorry)

agreed,  just play him

norwich baggies

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3377 on: August 24, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »
The tide is only turning because fans are panicking which seems to be par for the course at the minute. The bridges are burnt and neither party is remotely interested in rebuilding them any chance that he would be reintegrated into the 1st team squad were laid to rest when he was told to train separately from the rest of the squad. There is no way back after that.

If by some twist of fate he is still an Albion player on September 3rd the picture might change but even then I wouldn't count on it.     
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3378 on: August 24, 2013, 10:05:37 AM »
You do get the feeling some are just born with a negative disposition?
Maybe years of losing to teams like Plymouth 1-5 at home ain't helped?
Very hard to get all fans on here to agree , unless the title is are wolves fans scumbags for throwing bricks at women?,
On pete has I've said , lots may feel an apology may help, some wouldn't be happy if he solved world peace and child famine , but for me (just my opinion) he doesn't have to do anything,just put the shirt on and do the business.
And if he plays wide it frees brunt up to play centrally  :D (sorry)

We will always disagree mate but at least we can do it without insults (well you did until the last line  :D )

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #3379 on: August 24, 2013, 10:06:15 AM »
Again fans are assuming the problem is on the clubs part how do we not know the conversation has been had but Saint Peter (as some would have you believe) has point blank refused.

Dont forget this is a player who has finally come up against a club that wont back down to his demands.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3380 on: August 24, 2013, 10:08:01 AM »
Its a situation where no-one is right and no-one wrong, folk just have differing views on it, mine haven't changed and i've yet to see anything posted by anyone that would change my view on it. A lot needs to happen away from messageboards and in the board room/ offices etc before its going to be considered.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggies37

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3381 on: August 24, 2013, 10:09:22 AM »
Its a situation where no-one is right and no-one wrong, folk just have differing views on it, mine haven't changed and i've yet to see anything posted by anyone that would change my view on it. A lot needs to happen away from messageboards and in the board room/ offices etc before its going to be considered.

and on that last point we definitely agree   ;D
norwich baggies

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3382 on: August 24, 2013, 01:19:54 PM »
If we back down over PO, how long before his next tantrum?! To me he looks like the egotistcal footballer personified. Remember those 40 yard shots in his last few games, when there were players unmarked in much better positions. Obviously, only interested in one person, over and above the team he is supposed to be playing for.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3383 on: August 24, 2013, 01:25:39 PM »
Again fans are assuming the problem is on the clubs part how do we not know the conversation has been had but Saint Peter (as some would have you believe) has point blank refused.

Dont forget this is a player who has finally come up against a club that wont back down to his demands.
I don't recall him ever being called a saint, just that different people have different opinions on wether what happend should/shouldn't continue to determine his career with WBA?
I certainly do not believe he his a saint, but he may not be as bad as some that you never hear what they get up to?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #3384 on: August 24, 2013, 01:41:07 PM »
I remember fans trying to defend his twitter outbursts virtually employing he could do no wrong.

I just cannot see him swallowing a huge chunk of humble pie and admitting he was wrong.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3385 on: August 24, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »
I for one would be over the moon if the issues between PO and the club could be resolved simply because despite what I think about his actions, he would pretty much solve the issues we have from a tactical and positional standpoint. The problem is, PO doesn't want to play for us. There is not much we can do about that. People are talking like if he apologizes he could be given a second chance, well NEWSFLASH....he wants to leave, he doesn't want to play for us anymore, so it's not an option and will not happen. Shame though as he would pretty much solve our problems.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3386 on: August 24, 2013, 07:36:48 PM »
I remember fans trying to defend his twitter outbursts virtually employing he could do no wrong.

I just cannot see him swallowing a huge chunk of humble pie and admitting he was wrong.
What if he does not think he has done wrong, why would he apologise?

Ill give you a scenario
Today we went to Everton, they're ok , not world beaters but an ok team with some good players, no one really gave us much chance.
Now cast your mind back to when we played Chelsea at home, pete played on the wing , had possibly one of his best games forums and even when they equalised (a team that has had millions poured in to it and won the champs league) we all still thought we could do it?
Regardless of personal opinion, he gives us something non of the others (maybe Sinclair /lukaku) can offer , he can turn a match.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3387 on: August 24, 2013, 08:02:08 PM »
What if he does not think he has done wrong, why would he apologise?

Ill give you a scenario
Today we went to Everton, they're ok , not world beaters but an ok team with some good players, no one really gave us much chance.
Now cast your mind back to when we played Chelsea at home, pete played on the wing , had possibly one of his best games forums and even when they equalised (a team that has had millions poured in to it and won the champs league) we all still thought we could do it?
Regardless of personal opinion, he gives us something non of the others (maybe Sinclair /lukaku) can offer , he can turn a match.

Spot on. I for one don't really give a monkeys what goes on off the pitch as long as a player produces the goods on it. I've read a couple of posts today which suggest our forwards are not getting the right service. Players like Lukaku and Odemwingie can create their own chances out of nothing. Again todays game was crying out for a similar type of player to produce a bit of magic.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3388 on: August 24, 2013, 09:17:37 PM »
I'm not interested in who's right or wrong if when the transfere window closes he's still here. The managment of this club are part of this problem and need to sellhim or play him. It's one thing to want to sell on your own terms but keeping him and not playing him is not an option we can afford!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3389 on: August 24, 2013, 09:48:22 PM »
I think Palace or Cardiff will get desperate with a few days to go and bid near enough what we want. Albion took the right stance here, but he needs to be gone.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3390 on: August 24, 2013, 09:52:58 PM »
I think Palace or Cardiff will get desperate with a few days to go and bid near enough what we want. Albion took the right stance here, but he needs to be gone.

They can only be seen to have taken the right stance when this is resolved. If in 2 weeks he's still here and not playing then not sellinging him when you had the opportunity becomes a joke.

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3391 on: August 24, 2013, 09:57:07 PM »
A travesty really, He would have made a difference last week, He would have today, Such a shame he let greed get in the way of him playing for us as the last 2 games have shown that Long just isnt clinical in anyway shape or form no matter how much he runs. Pete was the difference between drawing or winning a game.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3392 on: August 24, 2013, 10:49:40 PM »
Chris Lepkowski ?@chrislepkowski 49s
More on Odemwingie in the Sunday Mercury #wba

Chris Lepkowski ?@chrislepkowski 1m
Odemwingie could be heading out of #wba this week. Stoke and Cardiff have bid £2m. Swansea £1.8m. #scfc #ccfc

Three Bids! Bidding war...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/three-premier-league-clubs-battle-5782977

Peter Odemwingie's Hawthorns hell could be drawing to an end - as three clubs battle to secure his signature.

West Bromwich Albion have received offers from Stoke and Cardiff for about £2million, with Swansea prepared to pay in the region of £1.8million.

Albion have previously rejected a bids of £1.5million for the 32-year-old , but these latest offers could pave the way for his exit.

Odemwingie has not played any part for Albion since his return to pre-season training, with the club making it clear there is no way back for him.

The Nigeria international has been sidelined since his well-publicised fall-out with the club last season - which started with his failed move to Queens Park Rangers and continued with a series of Twitter meltdowns .

Although Albion are not prepared to let him go on the cheap, they are mindful that his age and contractual situation will drive his price down.

Odemwingie has less than 12 months left on his current contract with Albion.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:03:44 PM by addy »

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3393 on: August 24, 2013, 11:05:02 PM »
And I thought he couldn't be hated by us any more than he is already, imagine if he went to Stoke!

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3394 on: August 24, 2013, 11:19:53 PM »
Think I'd sell him to Swansea as they won't go down and he'll only be a back up, wouldn't do it till 12:01 on saturday though...

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3395 on: August 24, 2013, 11:29:20 PM »
Think I'd sell him to Swansea as they won't go down and he'll only be a back up, wouldn't do it till 12:01 on saturday though...

Agreed, Swansea is the best option. Even at £200k less. I Very much doubt he's match fit.

Will be great news once he's gone. 
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3396 on: August 24, 2013, 11:31:26 PM »
Agreed, Swansea is the best option. Even at £200k less. I Very much doubt he's match fit.

Will be great news once he's gone.

Aye can't wait for him to be gone. Swansea might sell Michu to Arsenal though...  :-X

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3397 on: August 24, 2013, 11:39:37 PM »
Aye can't wait for him to be gone. Swansea might sell Michu to Arsenal though...  :-X
Bony, odemwingie will just be a Luke Moore replacement which is quite funny

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3398 on: August 25, 2013, 12:43:26 AM »
We'll be selling to one of our rivals whichever one we sell to. I'd prefer Cardiff.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3399 on: August 25, 2013, 12:45:48 AM »
Sell him to a club likely to stay up anyway e.g. Swansea.
the regime don't like it man