Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 637100 times)

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #3350 on: August 22, 2013, 01:11:33 PM »
If we can only get £1.5m for him I suggest the club makes Pete pay for the damages to his transfer price. If he'd kept his head down and worked for the rest of the season, bagged a few goals, even though clubs know we don't want him they would pay his worth.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3351 on: August 22, 2013, 01:15:45 PM »
If we can only get £1.5m for him I suggest the club makes Pete pay for the damages to his transfer price. If he'd kept his head down and worked for the rest of the season, bagged a few goals, even though clubs know we don't want him they would pay his worth.

That would be impossible to do legally. I'd be amazed if he's here come 3rd September
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3352 on: August 22, 2013, 01:26:13 PM »
That would be impossible to do legally. I'd be amazed if he's here come 3rd September

Well he seemed pretty keen to hand in his bonus payments to form some sort of deal at QPR - obviously that was then and this is now, but I'm sure Peace could convince him somehow. That or he'd make him jump off a bridge and pay us for the privilege.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3353 on: August 22, 2013, 02:19:15 PM »
Well he seemed pretty keen to hand in his bonus payments to form some sort of deal at QPR - obviously that was then and this is now, but I'm sure Peace could convince him somehow. That or he'd make him jump off a bridge and pay us for the privilege.
This situation is (for me) the only mistake Mr Peace has ever made , we have lost money due to the "stance" taken by the club and in business you do not allow feelings to enter the boardroom .
I still think he will play for us , in fact I think he may out last Clarke?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3354 on: August 22, 2013, 02:37:17 PM »
This situation is (for me) the only mistake Mr Peace has ever made , we have lost money due to the "stance" taken by the club and in business you do not allow feelings to enter the boardroom .
I still think he will play for us , in fact I think he may out last Clarke?

I've just mentioned Odemwonga in the other thread.

I honestly believe the club want him out, but JP being JP he wanted a certain amount before he goes. No-one will offer that or if they do it'll be very late in the day.

My feeling is that the JP has said he will go on his terms and if not he will stay and see out his contract. This is why I have a sneaky feeling that Odemwonga may play a part in our plans for the short term.

The intention is to get rid obviously, but feel that if needed he will be called upon.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3355 on: August 22, 2013, 03:29:13 PM »
 I can see Odemwingie being a complete ass and not want to move only on his terms.
Sort of you've effed me about I'll eff you
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3356 on: August 22, 2013, 07:46:10 PM »
Why does everyone assume he's not fit?

He's training with the kids. Do they not do pre season training? I'm sure they do.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3357 on: August 22, 2013, 07:56:24 PM »
Why does everyone assume he's not fit?

He's training with the kids. Do they not do pre season training? I'm sure they do.

I doubt if it has the same intensity of the first team, and I doubt if wingies hearts in it
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

jasonbot

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3358 on: August 22, 2013, 09:43:08 PM »
Dammit, i'll give him a contract to cut my grass on weekends!

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3359 on: August 23, 2013, 07:26:39 AM »
Dammit, i'll give him a contract to cut my grass on weekends!
I'm sure he'll be eyeing up your neighbour's grass to see if it is greener! ;D
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3360 on: August 23, 2013, 08:47:39 AM »
I doubt if it has the same intensity of the first team, and I doubt if wingies hearts in it
you would assume that if he wants a move he would be keeping in good shape?
he has always looked quite agile and fit so I think he could do a job of the bench as close as Saturday , considering Clarke likes to give his subs only 6 minutes  :D
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

black emperor

« Reply #3361 on: August 23, 2013, 03:06:51 PM »
JP is doing his best to keep him as he will be the cheapest option as another striker. i can not see him going by September unless we get in a few more players.

baggies37

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3362 on: August 24, 2013, 08:56:23 AM »
I know its rather a forlorn hope but given our striker issues isnt it time we kissed and made up with Odemwingie?

Just watching all the old highlights.
Surely it would be best for both club and striker.

Its not exactly like clubs are beating down the door for his signature but its not exactly like we'll get a striker of his quality this late in the transfer window.

Wouldnt it be nice if some of the damage done could be repaired?

Oh well,  im probably dreaming.
norwich baggies

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3363 on: August 24, 2013, 09:19:07 AM »
I know its rather a forlorn hope but given our striker issues isnt it time we kissed and made up with Odemwingie?

Its not exactly like clubs are beating down the door for his signature but its not exactly like we'll get a striker of his quality this late in the transfer window.

NO NEVER >:(
All ready been said by a fan that he would never apologize to the club our fans .

baggies37

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3364 on: August 24, 2013, 09:20:39 AM »

NO NEVER >:(
All ready been said by a fan that he would never apologize to the club our fans .

things change
norwich baggies

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3365 on: August 24, 2013, 09:22:57 AM »

He had his chance and now too much water as passed under the bridge, so yes you are dreaming.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

baggieboy74

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3366 on: August 24, 2013, 09:26:15 AM »
No way.  It would ruin any kind of team spirit we have.

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3367 on: August 24, 2013, 09:43:13 AM »
Personally, I'd love to see him back in he side. Undoubtedly the most naturally gifted player in our squad. Stick him on the bench against Newport and ease him back in. If he scores goals to keep us up I don't care what has gone before.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3368 on: August 24, 2013, 09:46:14 AM »
No way.  It would ruin any kind of team spirit we have.
Would Shane long inviting him to his wedding also have the same effect and/or alienate Shane ?
I think that nearly all of the players would have no problem with him back in the line up, the ones who may be unhappy would be the opposition defences?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3369 on: August 24, 2013, 09:47:37 AM »
On this subject me and the jacko2000 have said many times he should be re-integrated with the first team, many have shot us down , seems the tide may be turning?

baggies37

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3370 on: August 24, 2013, 09:50:29 AM »
On this subject me and the jacko2000 have said many times he should be re-integrated with the first team, many have shot us down , seems the tide may be turning?

i think the current circumstances dictate it..

we really do have to try..

play out your final year and then you can have your move as a free agent.

gotta be worth a shot
norwich baggies

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3371 on: August 24, 2013, 09:51:21 AM »
King Canute couldn't turn the tide back and I doubt Odemwingie will.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3372 on: August 24, 2013, 09:53:56 AM »
Theres already little splits developing between fans on here over Clarke, transfer policy, Peace. Last thing we need at a time when we need everyone singing from the same hymn sheet is another to split fans.

Simple apology on Twitter, on TV apologising for his behaviour would go a long long way to help but doubt that would happen.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3373 on: August 24, 2013, 09:54:25 AM »
I'm sure he'll be eyeing up your neighbour's grass to see if it is greener! ;D

Brilliant!  :D

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3374 on: August 24, 2013, 09:59:43 AM »
Theres already little splits developing between fans on here over Clarke, transfer policy, Peace. Last thing we need at a time when we need everyone singing from the same hymn sheet is another to split fans.

Simple apology on Twitter, on TV apologising for his behaviour would go a long long way to help but doubt that would happen.
You do get the feeling some are just born with a negative disposition?
Maybe years of losing to teams like Plymouth 1-5 at home ain't helped?
Very hard to get all fans on here to agree , unless the title is are wolves fans scumbags for throwing bricks at women?,
On pete has I've said , lots may feel an apology may help, some wouldn't be happy if he solved world peace and child famine , but for me (just my opinion) he doesn't have to do anything,just put the shirt on and do the business.
And if he plays wide it frees brunt up to play centrally  :D (sorry)